• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots give Derek Sherrod a look-see

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah nice to see Bellacheat already working on the game 2 weeks from now bringing in Sherrod to get info out of him. He must figure he needs all the help he can get.

Patriots give Derek Sherrod a look-see | ProFootballTalk

With a game against the Packers looming in 12 days, the Patriots have taken a close look at a former member of the team.

Per a league source, the Pats gave former Packers first-round tackle Derek Sherrod a workout on Tuesday.
Sherrod, who arrived in 2011, appeared in only 20 games in three-plus seasons, due to injuries an
ineffectiveness. His only career start came earlier this year, a season in which he appeared in a career-high nine games.

The Packers cut Sherrod on November 3. He was unclaimed on waivers.

Oshkoshpackfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wish they would sign him!!! clay and peppers would have fun going right through that revolving door of a O lineman. He sucked.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wonder what that "workout" involved? :rolleyes2:

The Patriots are ALWAYS working the angles.

Oshkoshpackfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would not have mattered if they would have signed him..... teams change audibles all the time and they would have if the pats signed him. It was a desperation move. It lets me know that bill bell-a-cheat is scared to bring his ass to GB. If they would have signed him, clay and peppers would have feasted on brady like dogs on a ham bone.... all day beat down.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People can say what they want about Bill, I don't think there are many coaches that work as hard or do their job as well as he does.

Oshkoshpackfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a good coach no doubt, but bringing in a recently released guy for a "work out" right before our game? they probably paid him some under the table cash for some secrets is what they did. Wont matter, we will change up audibles and have the fake audibles going.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a good coach no doubt, but bringing in a recently released guy for a "work out" right before our game? they probably paid him some under the table cash for some secrets is what they did. Wont matter, we will change up audibles and have the fake audibles going.

I refuse to believe that the Patriots would do ANYTHING that's not completely transparent and above-board.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

of course they brought him in for a look see and to see what he knows. Lots of people do that and he was a 1st rounder that had a bad injury and had 3+ years in a system. I'd see what he knew too, or if he had anything left for the field

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to believe that the Patriots would do ANYTHING that's not completely transparent and above-board.
Do I detect a bit of sarcasm in your post? :noidea:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just finished filming the Packers practice and will be handing it over to my secret friend tonight at dinner. I just wish it didn't take 4 hours to fly out of Milwaukee to Boston.

As for Sherrod.....the Patriots have had a number of minor injuries to their offensive line all season. As a matter of fact, they didn't have their starting five together until four weeks ago. Cameron Fleming got his leg rolled on Sunday past and he might be out for a while and taking a look at potential back up tackle isn't totally out of character for any team.

As for playing the Packer....you've got home field where you rarely lose. The Patriots aren't the Dolphins, Falcons or Panthers.......they play in cold weather too.

When fans start threads this early about a game 2 weeks away, that indicates that they're worried about the team that's coming.......if the Patriots play the Packers like they did the Broncos and Colts........you had better be worried.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People can say what they want about Bill, I don't think there are many coaches that work as hard or do their job as well as he does.

+1

Chicago Bears signed Terrell Manning 1-2 weeks prior to Packers game... then dumped him the week after. This stuff happens more than you think in NFL, people are changing rosters all the time.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just finished filming the Packers practice and will be handing it over to my secret friend tonight at dinner. I just wish it didn't take 4 hours to fly out of Milwaukee to Boston.

Do not worry Packers fan... I had BigKen tailed as I knew he was taping the Packers practices. My TSA buddy at Mitchell Airport in Milwaukee changed his Packers practice films for some old Sponge Bob Square Pants videos...

I hope his secret friend enjoys them.

Oshkoshpackfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not worry Packers fan... I had BigKen tailed as I knew he was taping the Packers practices. My TSA buddy at Mitchell Airport in Milwaukee changed his Packers practice films for some old Sponge Bob Square Pants videos...

I hope his secret friend enjoys them.

:lol:

Bigken, we are not worried at all..... at least I am not. Will it be a good game? HELL YES IT WILL. I look forward to good games. You guys are the toughest customer their is right now, more so than the broncos and the colts from the AFC. Playing the tough guys is like standing up to the bully, punch him in the jaw early in the fight and its all over with. Hope it is a shoot out between the best QB's in the business.......but I hope my good guys win lol