• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots FA News 2017...

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few minor quibbles...

Revis having the charges dismissed is not the same thing as being found totally innocent. He may still be subject to some time in Herr Goodell's Penalty Box. And I still don't trust or believe that he's motivated by anything but money..

Butler wants to move to safety full-time.

Brandon Flowers has not played very well at all when healthy the last couple years.

And James Harden is a basketball player. (I know you meant Joe Haden, but in his case he's expensive and like Flowers has also been injury-prone and decreasingly effective the last couple years)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few minor quibbles...

Revis having the charges dismissed is not the same thing as being found totally innocent. He may still be subject to some time in Herr Goodell's Penalty Box. And I still don't trust or believe that he's motivated by anything but money..

Brandon Flowers has not played very well at all when healthy the last couple years.

And James Harden is a basketball player. (I know you meant Joe Haden, but in his case he's expensive and like Flowers has also been injury-prone and decreasingly effective the last couple years)

Well as Cris Carter would tell the young guys "make sure you have a fall guy" and that is what Revis did. His friend took all the blame. I've also heard Revis is looking for at least $8 million a year and won't listen to offers less than that.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I thought Bill was grabbing a nugget for the Celts... though the Celts are pretty content with their own point guard...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as Cris Carter would tell the young guys "make sure you have a fall guy" and that is what Revis did. His friend took all the blame. I've also heard Revis is looking for at least $8 million a year and won't listen to offers less than that.
I believe there's video proof the fall guy actually did the punching, or at least him yelling afterwards "I knocked those guys out"...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe there's video proof the fall guy actually did the punching, or at least him yelling afterwards "I knocked those guys out"...

I still have a tough time believing Revis did absolutely nothing in the situation. Not saying his friend wasn't the one that did the most damage or anything but Revis I'm sure did some talking and/or punching.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:finger2:Revis

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few minor quibbles...

Revis is not going to get any punishment from the NFL - unless he signs with the Patriots.
New York Gang is still hot about Revis and the Patriots hiding Revis injury before he went to the Jets.
Revis should want $8 million to go back to the Patriots. Goodell will suspend him and he'll never see half that money. I'll go $1 million, maybe throw in some incentives.....

We don't need Butler or have the room for him. He has signed with the Colts.
I agree with you on Hayden and Flowers.....

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, on the Cleveland rumor, I have heard nothing out here about a trade including CB Joe Haden. The fact that the highest draft choices proposed by the Browns for a Garoppolo trade are #12 and #53 is pretty well known. If BB took Haden off the Browns hands, he'd probably be doing them a favor, as his game has been declining.
As for Revis, BB might be interested but only if it were a low money deal, Revis reports in good shape and he proves he can physically hold his own in Patriots' training camp. If any one of these items is not met, it's a no-go. Goodell may still impose a penalty on Revis, especially if he does sign with the Pats. Of course, if Butler remains a Patriot, chances of seeing Revis wearing a Flying Elvis are greatly diminished.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, on the Cleveland rumor, I have heard nothing out here about a trade including CB Joe Haden. The fact that the highest draft choices proposed by the Browns for a Garoppolo trade are #12 and #53 is pretty well known. If BB took Haden off the Browns hands, he'd probably be doing them a favor, as his game has been declining.
As for Revis, BB might be interested but only if it were a low money deal, Revis reports in good shape and he proves he can physically hold his own in Patriots' training camp. If any one of these items is not met, it's a no-go. Goodell may still impose a penalty on Revis, especially if he does sign with the Pats. Of course,
if Butler remains a Patriot, chances of seeing Revis wearing a Flying Elvis are greatly diminished.

Revis could teach Butler how to grow taller and Butler could teach Revis how to be younger.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think Revis will be given serious consideration until after the FA second phase is over.

Phase II started this past Friday and there aren't a lot of signings. Agents and players are going to start getting nervous come this Wednesday if things stay quiet. Those guys looking for big contracts will be begging for jobs.

The big dollars have been spent. This is usually the $5-$8M 2-3 year contract guys. I think we're going to start seeing a truckload of $3-$7M multi year deals being signed with small guarantees and "Must make Roster" before any bonus or guarantees kick in.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis may want 8, but it won't cost a team that. NYJ are the hook for 6m this yr no matter what. Nothing better for BB to sign Revis for this yr and have the Jets pay for it...LOL. Reports are the Revis camp would accept a low deal to go to someone. I think NE can afford that. Also, Revis won't be the #1 here, he would actually be the 3rd CB on this team and maybe he can play the slot.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB Tyler Gaffney was released by the NE Patriots yesterday afternoon. According to the snip released, he still isn't 100% recovered from an injury.

In another small snip on the other side of the page.................Adrian Peterson to visit the Patriots? Adrian Peterson has not been offered a contract by any NFL team. Could he find a spot with the NE Patriots. "Sources" are saying the Peterson will attempt to grab a spot on the Patriots roster.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB Tyler Gaffney was released by the NE Patriots yesterday afternoon. According to the snip released, he still isn't 100% recovered from an injury.

In another small snip on the other side of the page.................Adrian Peterson to visit the Patriots? Adrian Peterson has not been offered a contract by any NFL team. Could he find a spot with the NE Patriots. "Sources" are saying the Peterson will attempt to grab a spot on the Patriots roster.

Mixed on that.
Does AP really bring anything more than what White and Lewis already bring besides some additional experience?
With White and Lewis on the roster, I'd rather have Blount back for less $ than what AP probably wants.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems more and more people are convinced that Revis is returning to NE. Curious as to how this plays out, but man....Gillmore, Butler, Revis on the field at once is pretty interesting. Many think that Revis can still handle his own with guys going across the field and in front of him, but struggles with speedy WR and getting beat. He will be lining up on most teams #3 WR, so that could work.

No movement on Blount who was supposed to get a decent pay raise. I would be fine with him back.

Nothing on Odrick since his physical. Not sure if he is in the mix with Guy joining the team. I expect a few more vet moves. Gotta get some DE, LB, RB in at some point.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 million of that will be paid by the Jets, so the Patriots would be paying 2 million
For 2 million I'd say go for it. As the #3 that would be a scary defensive backfield. Get a pass rusher and I like what NE will be putting out there next year.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think Revis will be given serious consideration until after the FA second phase is over.

Phase II started this past Friday and there aren't a lot of signings. Agents and players are going to start getting nervous come this Wednesday if things stay quiet. Those guys looking for big contracts will be begging for jobs.

The big dollars have been spent. This is usually the $5-$8M 2-3 year contract guys. I think we're going to start seeing a truckload of $3-$7M multi year deals being signed with small guarantees and "Must make Roster" before any bonus or guarantees kick in.

Definately Ken. Even Revis would still have to make the roster. His only guarantee is the Jets money.
It is going to be hard to make this team unless you do it at LB, DE or special teams.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just getting ready to start a thread for this.
So what's everyone's thoughts?
The first thing that came to my mind was if he signs with NE people will be saying what hypocrites the organization is. They were the first team to say they wouldn't sign Mixon. Yet they may look the other way for someone who beat their child the way AP did? I have to agree that is hypocritical. Yes one was hitting a women and one was hitting a child. I don't see a huge difference. I don't want this to become a debate about disciplining your child.
Having said that at 32 I'm not sure he's a big upgrade over Blount? AP is a better receiver but NE already has enough 3rd down backs.
It would have to be almost vet minimum for me to give him a shot.
Thoughts?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hopes are that this is just Bill bluffing Blount to sign for less money.
I know Blount is over 30, but he does not have as many miles as some, and he can keep White/Lewis/Burkhead fresh.