• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots FA News 2017...

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hopes are that this is just Bill bluffing Blount to sign for less money.
I know Blount is over 30, but he does not have as many miles as some, and he can keep White/Lewis/Burkhead fresh.
This was my thinking, as well.

RKK was pretty critical of AP at the time, he'd have to do a pretty good sell job to convince them to sign him now, I think. But I don't think it's hypocritical of them to at least have the conversation.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want this to become a debate about disciplining your child.

If you don't want a debate you should leave out the judgements. There have been plenty who sided with him. I do not subscribe at all to his approach and believe he was absolutlely wrong. But I also understand there may have been a cultural element, right or wrong, to what he thought he was doing.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't want a debate you should leave out the judgements. There have been plenty who sided with him. I do not subscribe at all to his approach and believe he was absolutlely wrong. But I also understand there may have been a cultural element, right or wrong, to what he thought he was doing.
I didn't intend for it to be judgemental. I simply said I would agree with those who felt it would be hypocritical. I'm not saying it's right, wrong or indifferent. I have my opinion and keeping it to myself so as not to turn this into a debate on discipline vs. Domestic abuse.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mother used a paddle on my ass, my father used a belt. They only had to do it once. Today, they'd both have been arrested for disciplining me. Once for stealing a piece of bubble gum at the local drug store and once for pushing my brother into a 8" deep mud puddle in his church clothes.

Not saying what he did was right or wrong. We live in a pussified country where everyone feels that discipline, regardless of severity is totally unnecessary. Everyone should get a trophy, no winners, no losers, just participants.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We live in a pussified country

I'm deeply offended by this comment and may need to visit a therapist now.

Is it OK if my therapist happens to spin around a chrome pole in nothing but her shoes???

They are very nice high heeled shoes....

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FieldYates 17m17 minutes ago

Adrian Peterson's visit with the Patriots has concluded. Per sources, he's leaving without a deal...for now. Could revisit later.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'l pass on him, think they have the players without the possible distraction.
Younger less costly players.
Just my opinion, BB may think otherwise so I defer to him.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just getting ready to start a thread for this.
So what's everyone's thoughts?
The first thing that came to my mind was if he signs with NE people will be saying what hypocrites the organization is. They were the first team to say they wouldn't sign Mixon. Yet they may look the other way for someone who beat their child the way AP did? I have to agree that is hypocritical. Yes one was hitting a women and one was hitting a child. I don't see a huge difference. I don't want this to become a debate about disciplining your child.
Having said that at 32 I'm not sure he's a big upgrade over Blount? AP is a better receiver but NE already has enough 3rd down backs.
It would have to be almost vet minimum for me to give him a shot.
Thoughts?

This was my thinking, as well.

RKK was pretty critical of AP at the time, he'd have to do a pretty good sell job to convince them to sign him now, I think. But I don't think it's hypocritical of them to at least have the conversation.

My mother used a paddle on my ass, my father used a belt. They only had to do it once. Today, they'd both have been arrested for disciplining me. Once for stealing a piece of bubble gum at the local drug store and once for pushing my brother into a 8" deep mud puddle in his church clothes.

Not saying what he did was right or wrong. We live in a pussified country where everyone feels that discipline, regardless of severity is totally unnecessary. Everyone should get a trophy, no winners, no losers, just participants.

This looks very hypocritical. But it's easy to say Mixon is off your draft board when you don't a single pick in the first three rounds.

As for if what Peterson did was right or wrong.....He was absolutely wrong. I got my ass kicked by my parents. My mother and father used a belt on my ass. I remember my mom telling me "If you don't want your back or the back of your legs hit, be still." I went to Christian school and they used a paddle or rod to whip you. The reason I say Peterson was wrong, is because he broke the skin. Blood, scabs and bruises. My parents never did that. Red marks, yes. An ass whoopin' is fine. A beating isn't!

I'm with BK as to the pussification of this country. Discipline is good.

Will AP put aside his ego and play in the preseason? He will have to for the Pats.

I prefer Blount. He doesn't have the injury history. He doesn't have the fumble issues of AP.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In truth, AP is not a necessity. Blount may not be either with the signing of Burkhead.
The RBs are fine. Maybe add a college kid.

The WRs are in superior shape. The guy everyone forgets about is Mitchell. Over the final 7 games of the regular season he had 37 catches and was critical in the Super Bowl.

The Pats need to solidify the TE position. Knowing BB, he's got one on his radar and the guys is flying below the screen.

I just watched Super Bowl LI for umpteenth time this afternoon. Solder has problems with speed rushers, always has had problems with them. Andrews let Garrett get to Brady three times. Hopefully there's a FA or two that could come in and really flower under Scarneccia. I'd really like to see the O-Line better than last year. I don't care how good shape Brady is in, he's going to be 40 and believe me, he won't be able to shake off brutal hits as easily as he has in the past.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll pass on AP, because he sucks on the field and no way in hell RK will sign anyone accused of what he did. His wife was a big against DV or abuse in anyway. I remember when NE drafted the kid from Neb, I forget his name. After he was drafted Mira found out about his DV issues and made Robert cut him, I believe he was gone within a week, and he was a pretty high pick.

I read where BB can bring in anyone he likes for visit, but in the end it is up to Robert if NE can sign them, so no way this happens. NE needs to get a RB in who does not have a history of injuries. Might be time for them to draft one.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Curran said that bringing in AP may have been a favor to AP's agent Tom Condin. There's been very little interest in AP and if BB does a favor for Condin, it will be returned at a later date. When the Patriots bring in a player for a workout, every other team takes notice and usually several other teams will invite that same player in for a workout.

Johnathan Kraft would never allow Belichick to sign Peterson.......he may have stayed away from Gillette while AP was talking to Bill......heh heh.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WRs are in superior shape. The guy everyone forgets about is Mitchell. Over the final 7 games of the regular season he had 37 catches and was critical in the Super Bowl.

Could not agree more.
The kid has great hands and a cool mind.
Because of Mitchell, I look at the Cooks trade as a waste of a first round pick on what could have been a needy position.

OL.
DL.
Pass Rush.

It's great to be a Pats fan...Non of those are a hole that needs to be filled.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Curran said that bringing in AP may have been a favor to AP's agent Tom Condin. There's been very little interest in AP and if BB does a favor for Condin, it will be returned at a later date. When the Patriots bring in a player for a workout, every other team takes notice and usually several other teams will invite that same player in for a workout.
Not buying that...he had a bunch of other visits before he came here.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying that...he had a bunch of other visits before he came here.

Yeah I've been told a decent number of teams have already made AP an offer. He wanted to take a few visits though before making his final decision. I can tell you with certainty that the Broncos have actually made a couple of offers with his agent going back and forth. So the market isn't dead on AP just a matter of fit/money of what he wants to do.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While AP's views are child rearing are probably part of the equation, if AP could still play, he would play.

For the Patriots or someone else.

Last year was a killer year for his career. He looked done. Maybe it was an aberration but that's what's stopping him from getting re-signed more than anything.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While AP's views are child rearing are probably part of the equation, if AP could still play, he would play.

For the Patriots or someone else.

Last year was a killer year for his career. He looked done. Maybe it was an aberration but that's what's stopping him from getting re-signed more than anything.

What is keeping him from being signed right now is himself. I know of 3 teams that have actually made him offers that so far he has said no to or at least that he needed some time to think it over. Not often that a guy with AP's football resume hits the FA market so he has the ability to take some time and see what all is available.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is keeping him from being signed right now is himself. I know of 3 teams that have actually made him offers that so far he has said no to or at least that he needed some time to think it over. Not often that a guy with AP's football resume hits the FA market so he has the ability to take some time and see what all is available.

Ok. Fine. I'll bet the money isn't what he thought it would be, given his past history as a future HOFer.

Unfortunately I think AP may need to reprove himself again.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Fine. I'll bet the money isn't what he thought it would be, given his past history as a future HOFer.

Unfortunately I think AP may need to reprove himself again.

Curious who made offers, and how much.
Jets, Browns or Jaguars he is not their missing piece that will get them to a SB but would probably be willing to pay more.
Pats, Cowboys or Broncos...not their missing piece either for the exact opposite reason, and they would probably pay him a lot less to take a trip to the big game with them.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had three surgeries on the same knee according to Tom Curran. He can't pass block and he can't catch passes well. He's a one trick pony and the question is simple.....can he take the shots and keep running.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious who made offers, and how much.
Jets, Browns or Jaguars he is not their missing piece that will get them to a SB but would probably be willing to pay more.
Pats, Cowboys or Broncos...not their missing piece either for the exact opposite reason, and they would probably pay him a lot less to take a trip to the big game with them.

I can tell you the Broncos and AP's agent have exchanged multiple offers over the last month. So they are one. Oakland has made a couple of offers. Part of the Lynch coming out of retirement was the Raiders trying to force AP into a quicker decision.