• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots FA News 2017...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason McCourty is 30 years old and the Titans are trying to get younger. Jason and Devin are very close and you can bet Jason's first stop will be Foxboro. Can he be the slot corner? He'll have to be if he really wants to play in NE and finish his career with his brother.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB Mike Gillislee will be working out for the Patriots today. He was the Bills top RB last year. He can run, block and catch.

No word on Blount's thoughts about the new contract offer by the Patriots. Seems like he thinks some team is going to back up a dump truck full of cash into his driveway. Hey LB, those trucks are all off the road and in the repair shop.

Two weeks to the NFL Draft. I'm willing to bet that the Patriots present 66 man roster will be at 70 by the 27th.
They have 7 picks from Round 3 through 7. That puts them at 77. 13 Undrafted free agent signings and at least two of those make the 53 man roster.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB Mike Gillislee will be working out for the Patriots today. He was the Bills top RB last year. He can run, block and catch.

No word on Blount's thoughts about the new contract offer by the Patriots. Seems like he thinks some team is going to back up a dump truck full of cash into his driveway. Hey LB, those trucks are all off the road and in the repair shop.

Two weeks to the NFL Draft. I'm willing to bet that the Patriots present 66 man roster will be at 70 by the 27th.
They have 7 picks from Round 3 through 7. That puts them at 77. 13 Undrafted free agent signings and at least two of those make the 53 man roster.

This is just off the top of my head but don't the Patriots have to give up a 5th round pick if they do say sign Gillislee? I think he is a RFA with an original round tender.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots host three restricted free agents, including DE Kerry Wynn
4:50 PM ET
  • i

Mike ReissESPN Staff Writer
    Close
    • Covered Patriots since 1997
    • Joined ESPN in 2009
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Tapping the restricted free-agent market, the New England Patriots hosted three players Wednesday who have yet to sign tenders with their original teams: defensive end Kerry Wynn (Giants), and running backs Mike Gillislee (Bills) and Damien Williams (Dolphins).

Wynn's visit, reported by ESPN NFL Nation Giants reporter Jordan Raanan, highlights what is arguably the team's top positional need. With Trey Flowers, Rob Ninkovich and Kony Ealy on the defensive end depth chart, the club is expected to look closely at the position in the draft.

Adrian Peterson last week -- and Wednesday gave them a chance to explore the possibility of how Gillislee and Williams might fit (Gillislee's visit was first reported by NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, while Williams' visit was reported by ESPN NFL Insider Field Yates)

The 5-11, 219-pound Gillislee gashed the Patriots for 85 yards on 12 carries on Oct. 30, 2016. In the days leading up to that game, Patriots coach Bill Belichick called him a "strong downhill runner -- one-cut guy that's hard to tackle." He entered the NFL as a fifth-round draft choice in 2014 out of the University of Florida.

As a complement to LeSean McCoy in 2016, Gillislee totaled 577 yards and eight touchdowns on 101 carries. If the Patriots signed Gillislee to an offer sheet that the Bills didn't match, they would surrender a fifth-round draft choice.

Meanwhile, the 5-11, 228-pound Williams entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent out of Oklahoma in 2014. He was a backup in Miami last season, totaling 35 carries for 115 yards and three touchdowns, while adding 23 receptions for 249 yards and three touchdowns. Patriots fans might remember him as the player from whom safety Devin McCourtyy stripped the football in the fourth quarter of the 2016 season finale to help seal a victory.

If the Patriots signed Williams to an offer sheet and the Dolphins didn't match, they wouldn't be required to give up any compensation.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of people see JMC taking the role of Logan Ryan and Rowe become a CB/S guy. I mean seriously...Gillmore, Butler, JMC, Rowe, Jones, Coleman, DMC, Chung, Ebner, Harmon....that would be crazy and the depth would be off the charts. If Butler did leave you now have two guys who could take his role in Rowe/JMC. If BB is all in this yr, this move would put an icing on the cake. NE has the cap space and have to spend some more....let's see.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears contestants are struggling with this. It may need to be updated this upcoming season...

screen-shot-2017-04-15-at-10-32-41-am.jpg
actually, That screen won't need to be updated at all unless they win two more........

NorEEzta

Behold: A Pale Horse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, That screen won't need to be updated at all unless they win two more........
Yeah true. The contestants kept saying it was their sixth not fifth. Hopefully it'll be updated this season. They can re-ask the question in a year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the category? Could've been a trick question. :D

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1/2 mile is not much, but the time could be the killer and is a good indicator of short burst endurance vs. the 40 or even 100 yard dashes.

Bill was here in Nashville for the Rock & Roll 1/2 Marathon a couple years ago...I have run 14 of them, and Bill was a lot faster than I was. At 13 years my senior...That shows his level of commitment to endurance training.

My son plays soccer, a game with a lot of running, and his new coach never does any running drills. Never.
Of the four games so far this year, they have lost 2, tied 1, and this week, finally won their first.
A 2 - 1 game in which my son scored both goals. The last with 30 seconds left in the game.
My son is also training to run his first 15k.
Coincidence?

I don't think so.

Train to run for 90 minutes and you will not be gassed at 69 minutes.

I ran full marathons at a younger age. All amateur stuff. I could not have competed at a higher level (running) because I have a messed up foot.

I am coaching a runner for marathon running right now. I have worked with him for 6 months before he now is showing potential. Like you, he thought the key was to run longer. I disagree. If you learn to run faster, you will develop a more efficient stride. Yes you need route work but what wins is speed!

I do recognize nobody wants to listen to a coach!

NorEEzta

Behold: A Pale Horse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but this is funny.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but this is funny.

I've watched a few of these. Some are pretty entertaining. This one isn't. These guys sound like freakin morons. It sounds like there is a young (10-12) kid there and these guys are cursing up a storm. Maybe it's just me but I would never do that around kids. Let alone the kid drop a MFer.

They don't think it was pass interference on Bennett that gave the Pats at the 2-yard line. Morons.

I would love to see Pats fans reactions from the start of the game. The third quarter. I imagine a lot of Pats fans were like me in that third quarter. "Hurry the fuck up!" Why are you taking so long?!" "We are not down 10. It's 25. Someone do the F'n math for them!" "HELLO!!!!!!" :gaah::L:eek::doh::scratch::noidea::mad2:

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RapSheet

Here we go: #Patriots extended an RFA offer sheet to #Bills RB Mike Gillislee. It’s for 2 years, $6.4M, source said. $4M in the 1st year.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FieldYates

Source: Patriots WR Danny Amendola has agreed to a reduced contract for 2017. Was scheduled to make $6M. More details as they come.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RapSheet

Here we go: #Patriots extended an RFA offer sheet to #Bills RB Mike Gillislee. It’s for 2 years, $6.4M, source said. $4M in the 1st year.
Ninja'd

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FieldYates

Source: Patriots WR Danny Amendola has agreed to a reduced contract for 2017. Was scheduled to make $6M. More details as they come.
Great news. What a team player. He'll go down as a NE Patriot all-time unsung hero. Welcome back Danny.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount had an original offer which he didn't like and decided to test the FA market. Last week, the Patriots rewrote and upped the offer. If they offered Gillislee $6.4M with a $4M first year then my guess is that they offered Blount 2 years $6-$7M on the 2nd offer. He never responded according to Boston Sports Tonight and they were wondering what he was waiting for. Gillislee is a great signing. He was a workhorse for the Bills when McCoy went down and produced for them. Blount may have blown his load last year and BB knew that he was nearing the end.

Amendola taking a cut is good news. After the playoffs that he had, there was no doubt that he still could do what he had to do. The big question was, did the Patriots have someone else who could step in and do it for less money?

You gotta love how this team is taking shape. Back to back.........

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor around NE today is that OT Ryan Clady is supposed to visit this week with the Patriots. Sounds a bit off. He's had more than a few injuries and missed pretty much all of 2016. He's 30 and OL with bad knees are pretty much done .

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice day of work put in for BB and crew. Love the offer to MG. I still cannot for the life of me understand why Buffalo only put a 5th rd on him. Best part, all of these RB can catch the football, which means they can be on the field at any time. That should make this offense even more unpredictable. I think MG will put up the same numbers as Blount, with a little more rushing yards.

Gotta love Dola, he knows what is up. Still don't think he is back next yr, but I'll worry about that later. SO...does NE still go after Floyd? I would.

Awesome that JW got an extension. Gives us a look at the future with him and MG for now.