• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots FA News 2017...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots resigned RB/ST Brandon Bolden yesterday

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great ST player. Waste of a roster spot. I was hoping NE would replace him with someone who actually produces other than just on STs. Slater has that job locked up. I think it hurts NEs depth.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great ST player. Waste of a roster spot. I was hoping NE would replace him with someone who actually produces other than just on STs. Slater has that job locked up. I think it hurts NEs depth.

They might have won the Super Bowl last year if they had better depth.... Oh wait.... If there are better options than Bolden, he won't be on the team.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might have won the Super Bowl last year if they had better depth.... Oh wait.... If there are better options than Bolden, he won't be on the team.
There are plenty of options. How about if NE finds a returner if 99% of their time is spent on STs. Did Bolden get a signing bonus? Look no hard feelings against the man. But I'm tired of seeing JE or DA back there. NE also had more RBs on the roster last season. I'm sure they'll sign another but give me a break.No one wants to have to go to Bolden if a player goes down. I'd rather watch paint dry.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of options. How about if NE finds a returner if 99% of their time is spent on STs. Did Bolden get a signing bonus? Look no hard feelings against the man. But I'm tired of seeing JE or DA back there. NE also had more RBs on the roster last season. I'm sure they'll sign another but give me a break.No one wants to have to go to Bolden if a player goes down. I'd rather watch paint dry.
I hear you but you can't judge the team on one move. He may be signed, but if they later find the guy you describe they'll go with him... As some smart guy somewhere said... Patience, Grasshopper.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you but you can't judge the team on one move. He may be signed, but if they later find the guy you describe they'll go with him... As some smart guy somewhere said... Patience, Grasshopper.
Stop calling me smart. People will expect results lol

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop calling me smart. People will expect results lol
Sounds like something I'd say... People are going to think I have two handles and am talking to myself...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Including unsigned restricted free agent Malcolm Butler, and exclusive-rights free agents Matt Lengel and Brandon King, the Patriots have 66 players on their roster. At a time when clubs can have up to 90 players, that leaves 24 open spots. The Patriots currently have seven draft picks, which would mean there's a possibility of as many as 17 undrafted free agent signings this year, a significant class compared to the single-digit classes of each of the last three years -- eight in 2016, seven in 2015, and nine in 2014. The last undrafted Patriots class of 10 or more players came in 2013 when the club signed 19, a crop that produced punter Ryan Allen and offensive lineman Josh Kline. The Patriots always seem to find at least one contributor in the undrafted ranks, as evidenced by the last three years:

2016: Special teamer Jonathan Jones

2015: Center David Andrews, special teamer Brandon King

2014: Cornerback Malcolm Butler

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was flipping thru channels and the NFL Network said Alan Branch resigned. I haven't seen any details yet. I know earlier speculation was it would look like his past contract 2 years between $6-7M? Nice to have the BIG guy back taking up space. If it's a 2yr deal he'll be 34 at the end of it.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been reading that BB has started to work out some LT. I find that interesting with Solder who I thought played OK. There was also talk that maybe Thuney can bounce outside and maybe move Jackson to the LG. Anyone think Thuney can play LT for NE? He did in college. Maybe that was BB plan all along.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was flipping thru channels and the NFL Network said Alan Branch resigned. I haven't seen any details yet. I know earlier speculation was it would look like his past contract 2 years between $6-7M? Nice to have the BIG guy back taking up space. If it's a 2yr deal he'll be 34 at the end of it.

Branch sign a two year incentive laden contract worth $12M+.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been reading that BB has started to work out some LT. I find that interesting with Solder who I thought played OK. There was also talk that maybe Thuney can bounce outside and maybe move Jackson to the LG. Anyone think Thuney can play LT for NE? He did in college. Maybe that was BB plan all along.

Thuney I'm sure could get by at LT for a bit, similar to Mankins, but also like LM I think he's better suited inside, and they've generally preferred more long-limbed guys on the edges. TreJax hasn't been able to get on the field for 2 years, certainly can't count on anything from him at this point.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to CSNNE and ESPN Boston, the Patriots have rewritten their contract offer to Lagarett Blount. No word on whether or not he will accept it. It isn't known what the changes are to the original contract.

It's assumed that the new offer is better than the original.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read an interesting article about the free agents that come to Foxboro for a workout.

None of them get to see Belichick until they're done with the Position Coach who actually conducts the workout. In some cases, BB will watch the workout but not participate. Every guy that comes in has to do specific drills for his position and all of them must complete the half mile run that BB requires every player to pass before he can practice with the team each spring or early summer. Each position on the team has to complete the run in under a certain time or else they fail and can't practice. The FAs who come in have to complete the run also and in many cases, they can't do it or refuse to do it and that's it. The Pats have never told the press or another team if the player couldn't complete the workout or the run.

It make one wonder if that's why we hear that Joe X came to Foxboro for a workout but wasn't offered a contract and the reason is that they couldn't or wouldn't complete the workout or the run???

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon King signed his tender. Core ST guy...ya, another core ST guy. LOL. Maybe that makes Bolden expendable now.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read an interesting article about the free agents that come to Foxboro for a workout.

None of them get to see Belichick until they're done with the Position Coach who actually conducts the workout. In some cases, BB will watch the workout but not participate. Every guy that comes in has to do specific drills for his position and all of them must complete the half mile run that BB requires every player to pass before he can practice with the team each spring or early summer. Each position on the team has to complete the run in under a certain time or else they fail and can't practice. The FAs who come in have to complete the run also and in many cases, they can't do it or refuse to do it and that's it. The Pats have never told the press or another team if the player couldn't complete the workout or the run.

It make one wonder if that's why we hear that Joe X came to Foxboro for a workout but wasn't offered a contract and the reason is that they couldn't or wouldn't complete the workout or the run???

1/2 mile is not much, but the time could be the killer and is a good indicator of short burst endurance vs. the 40 or even 100 yard dashes.

Bill was here in Nashville for the Rock & Roll 1/2 Marathon a couple years ago...I have run 14 of them, and Bill was a lot faster than I was. At 13 years my senior...That shows his level of commitment to endurance training.

My son plays soccer, a game with a lot of running, and his new coach never does any running drills. Never.
Of the four games so far this year, they have lost 2, tied 1, and this week, finally won their first.
A 2 - 1 game in which my son scored both goals. The last with 30 seconds left in the game.
My son is also training to run his first 15k.
Coincidence?

I don't think so.

Train to run for 90 minutes and you will not be gassed at 69 minutes.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason McCourty released by Tenn and automatically linked to NE. Not sure there is room for him unless someone goes. We don't need anymore outside CB, we need a slot guy if Jones is not going to be it. NE can afford him for sure, but would you rather have him or Butler?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason McCourty released by Tenn and automatically linked to NE. Not sure there is room for him unless someone goes. We don't need anymore outside CB, we need a slot guy if Jones is not going to be it. NE can afford him for sure, but would you rather have him or Butler?
I'd rather have Butler. But, if NE does trade Butler J Mc wouldn't be the worse replacement.