• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots FA News 2017...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albert Breer of MMQB (Monday Morning Quarterback) has tweeted that he was having a discussion with a GM who's team has been actively pursuing Donte Hightower. Breer reports that the GM says the he's convinced that Hightower will resign with the Patriots and they have backed away. 3/11/2017

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont'a Hightower is visiting the New York Jets as I type.

Word is that the jets are not going to let him leave before signing a contract.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New England Patriots are hosting former Cincinnati Bengals running back Rex Burkhead on a free-agent visit at Gillette Stadium, ESPN NFL Insider Field Yates reports.

The 5-foot-10, 210-pound Burkhead entered the NFL as a sixth-round draft choice out of Nebraska, and could be eyed to fill Brandon Bolden's role in New England as a reserve running back and special teamer.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He talked to the Titans and they backed out. He spent last night and most of today with the New York Jets. They couldn't convince him to sign and Dont'a Hightower is now enroute to Pittsburgh to visit with the Rooney family and Mike Tomlin.

Reports from the Jets........."He'll be re-signing with Patriots." If the Jets couldn't bowl him over, with all of their money and the lure of NY, what could entice him that things in Pittsburgh would be better?

Phase II of the free agent market will open Thursday and the second round of lesser signings will start. Once that starts, the money starts to dry up as more and more teams repair the holes.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex-Ravens DE Lawrence Guy agrees to deal with New England Patriots

"Players, however, frequently said that Guy’s impact went beyond the statistics because of his ability to get some interior penetration and clog up running lanes."

We take the Ravens DE from #2 rushing defense. @Oldschool739 sways he's a bum.....................(now)

Did I say he was a bum ?????...Don't recall it, He is not an every down player but plugs in very well...And he had little to nothing to do with the #2 rush D last year....He is a good player, not outstanding and as you may remember NE took an outstanding lb from us once in Adalius Thomas, he then became mediocre at best...
Don't sound the trumpet just yet there Private Pyle, let's see if he can even fit in with the no personality, cut throat way BB runs his ship before you go to selling tickets, son...:rolleyes2:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say he was a bum ?????...Don't recall it, He is not an every down player but plugs in very well...And he had little to nothing to do with the #2 rush D last year....He is a good player, not outstanding and as you may remember NE took an outstanding lb from us once in Adalius Thomas, he then became mediocre at best...
Don't sound the trumpet just yet there Private Pyle, let's see if he can even fit in with the no personality, cut throat way BB runs his ship before you go to selling tickets, son...:rolleyes2:

You used to be fun. Now you are touchy. I hope Baltimore gets out of the cellar this year so you can be funny.....

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You used to be fun. Now you are touchy. I hope Baltimore gets out of the cellar this year so you can be funny.....

It's all in fun Southie, I thought you knew me by now....You have to remember, typing doesn't represent the actual expression of what's being said....
And by the way, NE Sucks !!!!! :heh:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been in a funk ever since Tgann departed, then hammer left, I thought we'd need to do an intervention.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HT was supposed to fly to Pittsburgh yesterday afternoon for a visit with the Steelers. Reports out of New York said that he may not have gotten on the plane because the storm had started moving into PA. Last night they were asking the question, "Where did he go?"............how about checking his phone and asking him.......

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Burkhead a new Patriot, Brandon Bolden is obviously looking for a job. I haven't heard that he has had any interviews.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Burkhead a new Patriot, Brandon Bolden is obviously looking for a job. I haven't heard that he has had any interviews.
I'm ok with this. Matthew slater and maybe Ebner should be the only two holding exclusive ST roster spots. At least Burkhead can fill in and be productive if called upon. Bolden was a good guy and ST but I hated him just sucking up a roster spot. He did zero for this offense.
Anyone hearing anything WRT Blount? I know there are a lot of FA RBs and a strong draft class but haven't heard a peep out of the Blount camp.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers threatened HT. Said that if he gets on a plane out of Pittsburgh their offer is off the table.

Basically their telling him he can't sit down with any other team and then come back. Or they think that threatening him will force him to sign a contract. Rinnngggg...Hello Bill? The Steelers just offered me
$XX for 5 years, $XX guaranteed. If I leave, the offer is moot. Should I stay or should I go????

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CSNNE 3/14/2017

The Steelers feel good about the pitch and the offer they made to Dont'a Hightower. Now they're telling him if he leaves town to think about it, it's off the table.

According to NFL Media's Aditi Kinkhabwala, Pittsburgh doesn't want to be used by Hightower in his negotiations with the Patriots and they've given him an ultimatum.

Hightower has left the team's headquarters, per Kinkhabwala, but if he gets on a plane to leave the city he'll have to leave the Steelers offer behind with him.

That could very well happen because Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports believes that the Steelers offer is not the best on the table. According to him, he's "convinced" the Jets have offered Hightower "far and away" the most money.

Meanwhile the Patriots would surely like to hear from last year's captain in order to have the opportunity to match whatever he's been offered. Will they get their chance? Will their division rivals lure him away with a big-money deal?

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems more and more likely that Hightower re signs with the Pats. Great news, if true. Butler is probably gone and BB seems to have no great need to get Blount back. I look for at least one, if not two, RB's taken in the draft. If BB gets a high first round choice (from Cleveland?), maybe McCafferey. I also like Kareem Hunt (Toledo) as an inside pounder.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some interesting tidbits. Several agents have been on the phone with Belichick over the past couple of weeks and more than a few are really trying to get BB to sit with their guys.

Rumors are swirling because Malcom Butler appears to be headed elsewhere.......

First and foremost. Darrell Revis was found totally innocent in court yesterday of all charges. He said after appearing in court that he's already lost 10 lbs and is working out daily. Revis played last year for the Jets at 220+ lbs. He was at he best at !90-195 lbs. Word on the street is that Revis will be paying a visit to Gillette within the next 3-4 days.

Darius Butler became the cornerback that the Patriots thought he could be after he was let go. He's been a solid starter for the Colts for the past three years and is looking to latch on with a winner. Does he want to come back to NE? Stay tuned.

Brandon Flowers, CB, Chargers. Age: 31.
Brandon Flowers was released because of his $9 million salary, but he can still play very well when healthy. His durability is a big concern, however. He played just six games in 2016 and has a history of concussions. Still, he could provide great value on a 1-year "prove it" deal.

Finally this little nugget........

The Cleveland Browns do not want to give up two first round draft picks for JG. The latest rumor is that they are willing to give up #12 and #52 and include CB James Harden. Can't find anything anywhere on this, but you have to wonder if someone's making up stories to keep interest high or if someone actually stumbled onto a an offer that's trying to be kept quiet in order not to piss off anyone.