• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pacers to sign Andrew Bynum

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the Heat had first dibs on Bynum?

i wouldnt say first dibs.. But he has been a free agent for awhile. They certainly had a shot at him. The Pacers are only paying a million. If Miami wanted him, they could have offered alot more than Pacers in terms of ability to play and money. They also could have offered him a shot a living in south Florida or Indy. Miami could have had him. The heat still have their mid level exemption. Could have given him 3 million.

the Pacers signed a player to stop Miami from signing him. Generally speaking, trying to sign players to stop them from going elsewhere isnt sound basketball strategy.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldnt say first dibs.. But he has been a free agent for awhile. They certainly had a shot at him. The Pacers are only paying a million. If Miami wanted him, they could have offered alot more than Pacers in terms of ability to play and money. They also could have offered him a shot a living in south Florida or Indy. Miami could have had him. The heat still have their mid level exemption. Could have given him 3 million.

the Pacers signed a player to stop Miami from signing him. Generally speaking, trying to sign players to stop them from going elsewhere isnt sound basketball strategy.

The Pacers had 2.1 million to spend and only used 1 mil. All Miami was going to give Bynum was the veterans minimum which was pretty much what he got in Indy.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pacers had 2.1 million to spend and only used 1 mil. All Miami was going to give Bynum was the veterans minimum which was pretty much what he got in Indy.

that's my point. miami had 3 million to spend. they were only offering vet's minimum. which means Riley really didnt want him.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and just to correct what i said.. im not even sure miami offered bynum anything.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bynum though got the same money he would have got in Miami. He chose Indy.

miami could have given 3 million. 3 million is not the same money as one million. Miami didnt want him at the money Indy offered. it's fine. i think it is a good signing.. but i also trust pat riley.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
miami could have given 3 million. 3 million is not the same money as one million. Miami didnt want him at the money Indy offered. it's fine. i think it is a good signing.. but i also trust pat riley.

Not saying you are wrong, but how do you know?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miami was willing to offer him the veterans minimum and basically so did Indy. He went to Indiana.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bynum though got the same money he would have got in Miami. He chose Indy.
It would have cost Miami 3.5mil to sign Bynum because of the luxury tax they're already paying.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bynum clearly signed with the Pacers to add quality three point shooting that they desperately need.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have cost Miami 3.5mil to sign Bynum because of the luxury tax they're already paying.

Ah. Why didn't they just pay it? Seems like, to have a better chance at getting to the NBA Finals they should have tried to sign him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah. Why didn't they just pay it? Seems like, to have a better chance at getting to the NBA Finals they should have tried to sign him.

Bynum is a piece of shit.
Thank God the Heat had no interest in him.
He's garbage.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bynum is a piece of shit.
Thank God the Heat had no interest in him.
He's garbage.

If he plays to what he is capable of playing like, he's not garbage though. He does have an attitude problem that he will HAVE to curb when he arrives in Indy to play, or he is gone. That simple.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he plays to what he is capable of playing like, he's not garbage though.

The only thing he is, is big.

I watched him play this year a few times on TV and saw him live in Miami.
He can't move. Other then just actual rim protection he is a huge defensive liability.

You have Hibbert.

I honestly don't know why the Pacers would want Bynum around.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else, it may make Hibbert better practicing against him

I am more concerned about how poorly the Pacers have been playing the last two weeks. Although, I suppose it is a good thing when you can play like complete dog shit and still win games. I had not realized George had gone 1-17 from three point land until he hit a couple last night. Piss poor passing and ball handling. Lapses on defense. Looked like a bunch of sleep walkers. Thank God the All Star break is coming.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy signing Bynum is really no different than the Heat signing Oden. Both are low risk/high reward signings.

The only real difference is that the Heat are more likely to need Oden to make a difference for them than Indy is to need Bynum and Bynum has shown himself to be a head case and Oden hasn't.

10-15 quality minutes from either of these guys can make a big difference come playoff time.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he plays to what he is capable of playing like, he's not garbage though.

The only thing he is, is big.

I watched him play this year a few times on TV and saw him live in Miami.
He can't move. Other then just actual rim protection he is a huge defensive liability.

You have Hibbert.

I honestly don't know why the Pacers would want Bynum around.

This is true....I actually think Mahmi is a better defensive center than Bynum

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bynum is a much better offensive player than Mahinmi right now and if im not mistaken, can probably average more blocks.

Admit it, the thought of Bynum being healthy is a a little worrisome to you.

More blocks doesn't make you a better defensive player.....same goes for steals. If it's the same Bynum we saw in Cleveland and the guy that basically refused to play last yr, nobody is worried.