• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chiefs DT Chris Jones to Sign a 5/160 Extension with 95 Million Guaranteed

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Pat is only 28 (29 to start the season)... this seems like a gross overpay...

That said, the cap went up quite a bit... Chris Jones was CLEARLY part of the reason why KC went back to back (and will be trying for the first 3peat in NFL history)... Aaron Donald is 3 years older and still routinely takes over games on the defensive front... I'll be interested to see the contract structure on this. I don't think Chris sees any of this once he's 33 but it all depends how the dead cap is structured.

I don't know how long Andy Reid will coach (he's 65) so you do have to think about 3-5 years from now because Mahomes will still be early 30s. I don't think the Chiefs need to go all in now, but they kind of did with this contract.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely trading Snead and taking a CB with their 1st round pick? And then WR in the 2nd round since it's a deep draft for WR?
Joshua Williams will start, imo. He had like a 75 PFF grade IIRC. They also have Watson with starting experience. OT and WR are still the places to look first, imo. They can eat a loss at CB and do fine, imo. They desperately need help at WR and could use a long term plan at LT.

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joshua Williams will start, imo. He had like a 75 PFF grade IIRC. They also have Watson with starting experience. OT and WR are still the places to look first, imo. They can eat a loss at CB and do fine, imo. They desperately need help at WR and could use a long term plan at LT.
Any particular WR you want in the draft? If they wanted to use a first pick on a WR I think Troy Franklin or Brian Thomas Jr would fit in well and could still be available when it gets to KC pick.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any particular WR you want in the draft? If they wanted to use a first pick on a WR I think Troy Franklin or Brian Thomas Jr would fit in well and could still be available when it gets to KC pick.
Troy Franklin definitely has Chiefs WR vibes and I would not at all be against him. Ladd McConkey seems like a sound pick I’d be 100% behind from what I’ve seen. Worthy would also be fun.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Thomas Jr would be an excellent fit but I think he is a top 25 pick. Maybe top 15. AD Mitchell in the same ballpark. If either are there then Id imagine the Chiefs should run to the podium.

From there, its probably Ladd McConkey, Xavier Worthy or the 2 Michigan WR prospects. I also think Jermaine Burton is an ideal fit from an 'on the field' standpoint because he is a deep ball receiver with zero drops last year. Maybe Xavier Legette just for his athleticism.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Thomas Jr would be an excellent fit but I think he is a top 25 pick. Maybe top 15. AD Mitchell in the same ballpark. If either are there then Id imagine the Chiefs should run to the podium.

From there, its probably Ladd McConkey, Xavier Worthy or the 2 Michigan WR prospects. I also think Jermaine Burton is an ideal fit from an 'on the field' standpoint because he is a deep ball receiver with zero drops last year. Maybe Xavier Legette just for his athleticism.
"Wheels Worthy" would be my pick. Story is Mahomes has already corresponded with the kid...

We'll see how that goes...

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Aaron Donald made out like a bandit for the Rams, but yes, I believe he'll be the highest paid defensive lineman...

... until the next one, of course...
I though of Donald,but thought Jones topped it.he made the key to play in the sb,smacking the pass down.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the best now although 5 years is a long time. I would have kept it 4 years and maybe throw him more per year but it depends how the contract is structured.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly well-deserved. The guy might be the second most valuable Chief.