• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OTAs

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disagreeing with this. He did what he was asked to do last year. The coaches are asking him to do something different this year and he is still just doing those 5-10 yard passes every time. OTA's and Mini-Camp are the perfect time to try those deep throws as you can't be touched as a QB so why not at least work on the timing of hitting those types of plays? From what I understand that is what they keep telling him over and over and he just keeps throwing short. He is so afraid of throwing an interception that he just can't break through that barrier that the past coaching regime developed in him. To me if our offense is going to be successful this year either Paxton or Siemian are going to have to make some big plays. Our run game won't be able to function even if we have a decent OL if teams are not afraid of being beat deep.
I don't know Cd. I have a hard time thinking coaches are asking TS to throw deep in " OTA " and he's refusing or reluctant according to you,when he's fighting for job. Seems pretty silly unless he has shoulder issue and it's not being made privy to your sources. I mean really. Think about it. It's like saying Booker refuses to run right side cause those guys won't let him gain any yards. Come on. :)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do remember how many times I've had to look up articles for you right? I mean how many times have you posted say "hey saw an article that said this" and somebody asks you where you got that info from and well you say "I have no clue how to find or post that". So I do the dirty work for you and find it.

The issue is I find all those things for you then you don't read them. Then you claim I did nothing to back up my claim.

I don't know why I'm doing this but here you go. I'll give you a few

Paxton Lynch has best Broncos OTA practice

Paxton Lynch has best Broncos OTA practice, Taurean Nixon, Isaiah McKenzie shine, more observations

Paxton Lynch 'Stellar' At Broncos OTAs

Broncos OTA Day 7 takeaways: 'Good day' for offense, 'great day' for Paxton Lynch

Paxton Lynch has best Broncos OTA practice, Lorenzo Doss, Isaiah McKenzie shine, more observations

Paxton Lynch puts together stellar practice as Broncos continue OTAs - 5280 Sports Network

Vance Joseph said one of Denver's quarterbacks had a 'great day'

There is a few to get you started.
Starting at top...Yes Cd you have and I appreciated it every time and said so. But those scenarios never involved a Cd/Randymon disagreement. They were just topics I thought were interesting and you know that. As far as your recent links...I will check out and get back to ya later.:suds:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do remember how many times I've had to look up articles for you right? I mean how many times have you posted say "hey saw an article that said this" and somebody asks you where you got that info from and well you say "I have no clue how to find or post that". So I do the dirty work for you and find it.

The issue is I find all those things for you then you don't read them. Then you claim I did nothing to back up my claim.

I don't know why I'm doing this but here you go. I'll give you a few

Paxton Lynch has best Broncos OTA practice

Paxton Lynch has best Broncos OTA practice, Taurean Nixon, Isaiah McKenzie shine, more observations

Paxton Lynch 'Stellar' At Broncos OTAs

Broncos OTA Day 7 takeaways: 'Good day' for offense, 'great day' for Paxton Lynch

Paxton Lynch has best Broncos OTA practice, Lorenzo Doss, Isaiah McKenzie shine, more observations

Paxton Lynch puts together stellar practice as Broncos continue OTAs - 5280 Sports Network

Vance Joseph said one of Denver's quarterbacks had a 'great day'

There is a few to get you started.
Even if you had more of the " 20 " other sports writers you posted that complimented Lynch, don't bother. First off they all relate to one day ( Mon. ) , out of the six links two were Cameron Wolfe and 5th one was exact replica of Wolfe's column, Although the other three Jenson,Mason and Greene made similar comments, they also mentioned TS had prob worst start in OTAs but finished strong with 3 nice " 20 + " yd throws including a couple tds . ALL including VJ said this period ( otas ) means Jack shit. So hold off on your Lynch man crush and your " I really do like TS " bs and hold your Lynch homerism till it actually matters . Ps. Try to remember in future, a good reporter includes all facts and must resist being a biased pie-hole. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you had more of the " 20 " other sports writers you posted that complimented Lynch, don't bother. First off they all relate to one day ( Mon. ) , out of the six links two were Cameron Wolfe and 5th one was exact replica of Wolfe's column, Although the other three Jenson,Mason and Greene made similar comments, they also mentioned TS had prob worst start in OTAs but finished strong with 3 nice " 20 + " yd throws including a couple tds . ALL including VJ said this period ( otas ) means Jack shit. So hold off on your Lynch man crush and your " I really do like TS " bs and hold your Lynch homerism till it actually matters . Ps. Try to remember in future, a good reporter includes all facts and must resist being a biased pie-hole. :)

First off I'm not a reporter. I do write articles but more from an analytical side of things. Yes I do like Lynch and haven't been quiet about that but that doesn't mean I don't like Siemian's ability as well. This really doesn't have to be an either/or situation. You have made it that way. I have said both have things to work on. Just like today is a great example. Reading the reports of today Siemian won the day. He was by far the more consistent of the 2 and did finally hit a 40 yard pass for the first time that I have read in all of these reports to end practice. Lynch on the other hand had some big time throws down the field but also missed on some easy ones. So pretty much what I have been saying from the beginning of Lynch to win this job needs to get more consistent and not just be a bit play QB. Siemian has to get more aggressive if he wants to win the job. This isn't a matter of like last year of looking better than 2 bad QB's which meant just don't go make big mistakes.

And I have never made the claim that Lynch has won the job or that one practice secures that kind of thought. I do have people telling me that are actually at the practices everyday that Lynch has won more days than Siemian but you don't believe my sources or like them one bit so hey take that for what you want.

Yes right now these practices probably play a very small part in the big puzzle of who wins. Once the pads actually go on and we finally get to some games where they can get hit then we will see who really shines of the two. I'm not claiming victory for either of them right now. If I had to pick from the information I have I do think Lynch is winning right now but that doesn't mean much in June.

And I haven't left out any facts. You do realize how easy it is to find all this information. Heck I don't even have to have sources to tell you the struggles of the 2 QB's. Go read the reports of the practices that media have been allowed to watch. Rarely do you see them report that Siemian goes deep with a pass. You hear about how consistent he is with the short passes of being on time. I've read plenty from people at the practice talking about Siemian taking the check down passes more times than not. And then with Lynch easy to see he throws more interceptions but has more wow plays throughout the practices. Again it doesn't take inside sources to deduce such information.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And see this is why I don't post every article anymore because you just think I am posting towards my bias and try to downplay anything I say. You want to talk about the things you expect me to say and do on here well you are the exact same way. You do the exact same tactics every time. This is again why I said why waste my time. We've done this song and dance plenty of times with me wasting my time looking up information for you on plenty of subjects beyond the QB's and you just dismissing it all.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And see this is why I don't post every article anymore because you just think I am posting towards my bias and try to downplay anything I say. You want to talk about the things you expect me to say and do on here well you are the exact same way. You do the exact same tactics every time. This is again why I said why waste my time. We've done this song and dance plenty of times with me wasting my time looking up information for you on plenty of subjects beyond the QB's and you just dismissing it all.
Sorry. Just call it like I sees it buddy. Sometimes the truth is painful.:)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks about Petco and where's the " bye bye " T.Nixon ?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Just call it like I sees it buddy. Sometimes the truth is painful.:)

I don't have a problem with people calling me out on things. I have a problem when it isn't backed by facts. I have openly admitted I have a bias towards Lynch as I do think he will be a good if not great QB in this league. My bias has been backed up this year by others though that he is looking much better and in many practices is beating Siemian on the day. Again doesn't mean much in June but it is a step in the right direction towards him not only becoming the starter but something more.

Now many of the things you have said on here are just your opinions backed by very little. Heck like I said when you do quote an article I have to go find that article for you just to prove you didn't make it up. So to sit here and say I don't back up what I post on here is just ridiculous. Yes sometimes I state my opinion but I say that it is my opinion. When I state that this is coming from somebody else it is coming from somebody else. That is part of sports. You get information from others then form an opinion based on certain information. Yes that sometimes means bias comes through as you gravitate towards people who agree with what you have to say. My information comes from many many different people though as I like to be well rounded and I do like when people have differing opinions than me. It leads to great discussion as long as the person is willing to discuss instead of just mock the other individual.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I'm not a reporter. I do write articles but more from an analytical side of things. Yes I do like Lynch and haven't been quiet about that but that doesn't mean I don't like Siemian's ability as well. This really doesn't have to be an either/or situation. You have made it that way. I have said both have things to work on. Just like today is a great example. Reading the reports of today Siemian won the day. He was by far the more consistent of the 2 and did finally hit a 40 yard pass for the first time that I have read in all of these reports to end practice. Lynch on the other hand had some big time throws down the field but also missed on some easy ones. So pretty much what I have been saying from the beginning of Lynch to win this job needs to get more consistent and not just be a bit play QB. Siemian has to get more aggressive if he wants to win the job. This isn't a matter of like last year of looking better than 2 bad QB's which meant just don't go make big mistakes.

And I have never made the claim that Lynch has won the job or that one practice secures that kind of thought. I do have people telling me that are actually at the practices everyday that Lynch has won more days than Siemian but you don't believe my sources or like them one bit so hey take that for what you want.

Yes right now these practices probably play a very small part in the big puzzle of who wins. Once the pads actually go on and we finally get to some games where they can get hit then we will see who really shines of the two. I'm not claiming victory for either of them right now. If I had to pick from the information I have I do think Lynch is winning right now but that doesn't mean much in June.

And I haven't left out any facts. You do realize how easy it is to find all this information. Heck I don't even have to have sources to tell you the struggles of the 2 QB's. Go read the reports of the practices that media have been allowed to watch. Rarely do you see them report that Siemian goes deep with a pass. You hear about how consistent he is with the short passes of being on time. I've read plenty from people at the practice talking about Siemian taking the check down passes more times than not. And then with Lynch easy to see he throws more interceptions but has more wow plays throughout the practices. Again it doesn't take inside sources to deduce such information.
I actually really like this post. Finally. :)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with people calling me out on things. I have a problem when it isn't backed by facts. I have openly admitted I have a bias towards Lynch as I do think he will be a good if not great QB in this league. My bias has been backed up this year by others though that he is looking much better and in many practices is beating Siemian on the day. Again doesn't mean much in June but it is a step in the right direction towards him not only becoming the starter but something more.

Now many of the things you have said on here are just your opinions backed by very little. Heck like I said when you do quote an article I have to go find that article for you just to prove you didn't make it up. So to sit here and say I don't back up what I post on here is just ridiculous. Yes sometimes I state my opinion but I say that it is my opinion. When I state that this is coming from somebody else it is coming from somebody else. That is part of sports. You get information from others then form an opinion based on certain information. Yes that sometimes means bias comes through as you gravitate towards people who agree with what you have to say. My information comes from many many different people though as I like to be well rounded and I do like when people have differing opinions than me. It leads to great discussion as long as the person is willing to discuss instead of just mock the other individual.
Not so much this one. Kidding. We'll get thru it buddy. :)

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks about Petco and where's the " bye bye " T.Nixon ?

Dunno. Maybe if you posted a LINK, we could elaborate. Or conversate. Or pontificate. But right now, I'll just repudiate.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These mini camp only prove that Lynch has gotten better at flag football. If he starts throwing INTs come training camp it doesn't matter what he did back in mini camp.

I'm not counting out TS because Lynch is more athletic. In fact, more top 10 QBs are like Trevor than Paxton.

We know that Trevor will be steady eddy but we don't know until real games what steps Lynch has taken.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These mini camp only prove that Lynch has gotten better at flag football. If he starts throwing INTs come training camp it doesn't matter what he did back in mini camp.

I'm not counting out TS because Lynch is more athletic. In fact, more top 10 QBs are like Trevor than Paxton.

We know that Trevor will be steady eddy but we don't know until real games what steps Lynch has taken.

Not saying that Paxton doesn't need to get more consistent to be a top tier QB because we all know that he does but those athletic QB's have been on the rise in the NFL. Of the top-12 (QB Rating) one could argue Dak, Rodgers, Mariota, Roethlisberger, and Tannehill all fit the bill of the athletic QB that can do things off script. Pocket passer is still a part of their game which is what Paxton obviously has to improve on.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the news I was hoping for today but Adam Gotsis has some knee pain that they are needing to some exploratory surgery to figure out what is causing it. Most likely nothing but in the NFL I've heard these terms before and well it doesn't always end pretty. Hopefully just some scar tissue from his last surgery needing cleaned up.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying that Paxton doesn't need to get more consistent to be a top tier QB because we all know that he does but those athletic QB's have been on the rise in the NFL. Of the top-12 (QB Rating) one could argue Dak, Rodgers, Mariota, Roethlisberger, and Tannehill all fit the bill of the athletic QB that can do things off script. Pocket passer is still a part of their game which is what Paxton obviously has to improve on.

Interesting If TS improves his completion % to around 65 from 58 he'd be a top 10 QB because his stats are very similar to Tanneyhill and the others that hover around the top 10.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting If TS improves his completion % to around 65 from 58 he'd be a top 10 QB because his stats are very similar to Tanneyhill and the others that hover around the top 10.

Here is what I want to see from Siemian...1) A willingness to take a few more chances down the field. There was a point last year that he was dead last is percentage of passes over 20 yards. He was under 2% of attempts going that distance. Now I know the OL is to blame for some of that but they are not the full blame either.

2) Like many young QB's they can sometimes struggle to get through their progressions. There were times where Siemian would lock onto 1 WR and if that guy was covered struggled to get to the next guy. This is why you saw Sanders visibly upset later in the season when he would be wide open on a play and neither Paxton or Siemian would look his way.

As for Paxton...1) Showing that he has a command of the playbook. Hearing stories of them having to dumb down the offense last year just to put together a gameplan for Paxton is not what you want to hear. People keep talking that he is handling that part of being a QB much better this year but still hearing he is struggling to always know where to be throwing the football. When he knows the play and is confident in what he is doing he has been very accurate. That just hasn't been consistent though.

2) Technique--This is tied to the first one but easy to see when he is uncomfortable all technique flies off the deep end and his accuracy just is all over the place. When you hear stories just this offseason of him hitting guys 40 yards down the field in stride and then the very next play missing the guy by 3-5 yards not exactly what you want to hear.

3) Leadership--From the sound of things teammates just did not gravitate to him at all last year. Can he win them over in year 2?

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Luck, Wilson, Cam

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno. Maybe if you posted a LINK, we could elaborate. Or conversate. Or pontificate. But right now, I'll just repudiate.
Maybe you should just get email updates from Bleacher Report like a million sports fans do instead of the " how to impress people with seldom used words " that seems to be your only claim to relevance on here. :suds: