• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OTAs

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some whispers that I have been hearing is that McCoy and Siemian do not get along very well. McCoy is wanting this time of the offseason to be the QB's taking some chances and seeing what they can do and Siemian continues to just take the safe throws over and over. So McCoy has gotten after him quite a few times for being too conservative and well Siemian has snapped back at him that he disagrees with what he wants.

You either have good habits or you don't ..let me get this right ????????????????????? They want him to develop really bad habits

I got an Idea lets see if we can get the king of bad habits to come out of retirement .. Cutler is most defiantly available

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its equal between Lynch and Siemian - I think Lynch starts.

Then he will not have earned it and then the team would be split . Trevor is more than likely starter

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have a winning record other than Tebow you are probably going to start

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won't like my logic - Crash - I don't endorse it myself, but I think it will be how it happens. Lynch is a 1st round pick in his 2nd year - if he is tied with Siemian - who has more experience 3 years - then you have to see if your 1st round pick is going to grow into the job - and hope he has the ceiling they thought he had when they drafted him. If Lynch can't make it - they still have Siemian to fall back to.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I want to see from Siemian...1) A willingness to take a few more chances down the field. There was a point last year that he was dead last is percentage of passes over 20 yards. He was under 2% of attempts going that distance. Now I know the OL is to blame for some of that but they are not the full blame either.

2) Like many young QB's they can sometimes struggle to get through their progressions. There were times where Siemian would lock onto 1 WR and if that guy was covered struggled to get to the next guy. This is why you saw Sanders visibly upset later in the season when he would be wide open on a play and neither Paxton or Siemian would look his way.

As for Paxton...1) Showing that he has a command of the playbook. Hearing stories of them having to dumb down the offense last year just to put together a gameplan for Paxton is not what you want to hear. People keep talking that he is handling that part of being a QB much better this year but still hearing he is struggling to always know where to be throwing the football. When he knows the play and is confident in what he is doing he has been very accurate. That just hasn't been consistent though.

2) Technique--This is tied to the first one but easy to see when he is uncomfortable all technique flies off the deep end and his accuracy just is all over the place. When you hear stories just this offseason of him hitting guys 40 yards down the field in stride and then the very next play missing the guy by 3-5 yards not exactly what you want to hear.

3) Leadership--From the sound of things teammates just did not gravitate to him at all last year. Can he win them over in year 2?

What if Trevor's conservative nature last year was more a product of the Kubiak's system and now with McCoy he can let it loose. This is what I expect will happen with both QBs.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won't like my logic - Crash - I don't endorse it myself, but I think it will be how it happens. Lynch is a 1st round pick in his 2nd year - if he is tied with Siemian - who has more experience 3 years - then you have to see if your 1st round pick is going to grow into the job - and hope he has the ceiling they thought he had when they drafted him. If Lynch can't make it - they still have Siemian to fall back to.

I want him win it the old fashion way . Earn it !

Besides we are not going to win all that many games this year . if any .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will say this I do think both will get a chance this year Mingo we are going to be picking mighty early this year .

I hope Elway stops with the I got a feeling BS and hires a person that earned the damn job !

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the end of the year we will be loaded with Miami and Bengal players ..an on a Rebuild Coach wise and players as all the FA Will leave the sinking ship

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want him win it the old fashion way . Earn it !

Besides we are not going to win all that many games this year . if any .

if we arent going to win many games you definitely go with the first round pick and let him develop and go through growing pains. 4 more years left on his contract compared to 2 with higher physical upside and durability

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Trevor's conservative nature last year was more a product of the Kubiak's system and now with McCoy he can let it loose. This is what I expect will happen with both QBs.

And maybe that is exactly what happens. I'm just reporting what I have read and heard from people in the organization. People I have talked to have said he is still refusing to go deep and when he has it hasn't been all that accurate. Coaches keep asking him to and he keeps saying he doesn't want to turn the ball over. Then if you read the practice reports from reporters at the practice rarely do you read that he even attempted a pass over 20 yards. He is accurate and consistent with the short throws which people report quite often but just never read of him going deep all that much. So when both of those things line up I tend to think that is what is happening right now.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should just get email updates from Bleacher Report like a million sports fans do instead of the " how to impress people with seldom used words " that seems to be your only claim to relevance on here. :suds:

Lol... Seldom used words? Well, I guess that's true, since part of the joke was that at least one of them isn't actually a word. But I'll leave it to you to figure that out if you like.

FYI, it's actually common posting etiquette (that means, the proper way in which to behave) to post a link when discussing news (you know, partly to be honest about where you got said news, and to give credit for those whose job it is to create said news) so others can verify and add to the discussion.

But in the future, I will not have such lofty expectations for you Randy. I'll just assume that every post you make is either from bleacher report, or your ass. Or both.

As to my claim to relevance, I'm sorry my bloviation (and sense of humor) seems to exceed yours. I'm also sorry that your claim to fame is being a pompous pudendagra. <insert beer drinking emoji here>

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And maybe that is exactly what happens. I'm just reporting what I have read and heard from people in the organization. People I have talked to have said he is still refusing to go deep and when he has it hasn't been all that accurate. Coaches keep asking him to and he keeps saying he doesn't want to turn the ball over. Then if you read the practice reports from reporters at the practice rarely do you read that he even attempted a pass over 20 yards. He is accurate and consistent with the short throws which people report quite often but just never read of him going deep all that much. So when both of those things line up I tend to think that is what is happening right now.

Go back a watch him as a rooky in the preseason he was hitting plenty deep balls with accuracy

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Kubiak liked about him was the strong arm in wind still kept long ball accuracy

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... Seldom used words? Well, I guess that's true, since part of the joke was that at least one of them isn't actually a word. But I'll leave it to you to figure that out if you like.

FYI, it's actually common posting etiquette (that means, the proper way in which to behave) to post a link when discussing news (you know, partly to be honest about where you got said news, and to give credit for those whose job it is to create said news) so others can verify and add to the discussion.

But in the future, I will not have such lofty expectations for you Randy. I'll just assume that every post you make is either from bleacher report, or your ass. Or both.

As to my claim to relevance, I'm sorry my bloviation (and sense of humor) seems to exceed yours. I'm also sorry that your claim to fame is being a pompous pudendagra. <insert beer drinking emoji here>
You seem to have sarcasm and humor confused. You are excellent at sarcasm but not really very funny. You certainly like to dish it out but you sure get sensitive when it comes back at ya. I'm way funnier than you by the way buddy :) :suds::suds::suds:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LGM tells me that "refusing to go deep" has other ramifications and then had to ask me if I thought ramifications was a normal enough word.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LGM tells me that "refusing to go deep" has other ramifications and then had to ask me if I thought ramifications was a normal enough word.
For me it's not quite a refusal, but you learn to cope.
And I'm sorry, I've never been asked to stop using any big things before... new territory for me.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it's not quite a refusal, but you learn to cope.
And I'm sorry, I've never been asked to stop using any big things before... new territory for me.

That's down right ramifying of you LGM. Thanks,

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back a watch him as a rooky in the preseason he was hitting plenty deep balls with accuracy

Yeah I remember that. He also then had 2 years of coaching where the coaches pretty much pounded into him to keep things safe. Again just go read practice reports and you will see he isn't throwing the deep ball. Listened to someone who was at every practice this week and they said that he only attempted maybe a couple of passes over 15 yards the entire week. So while he may be able to hit the deep ball he isn't doing it right now and if there is a time to work on it right now is the perfect time when nobody can hit you.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to have sarcasm and humor confused. You are excellent at sarcasm but not really very funny. You certainly like to dish it out but you sure get sensitive when it comes back at ya. I'm way funnier than you by the way buddy :) :suds::suds::suds:
You're a regular legend in your own mind :thumb: