• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Bronco's OTAs

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't get a higher ranking than that as a backup QB.

Javante Williams in uni - working out individually during OTAs is a good sign.

Patrick back in the saddle,

Wilson thinner - with duct tape over his mouth. [Of course going from Hackett to Payton is like getting out of a Yugo from the junk yard into a smooth running Porche}

Signed Cam Flemming - so the Broncos have some more depth at tackle.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to believe in Russell Wilson. I was a big fan of the trade even with the cost. (Was not okay with the contract extension but that's another story.) This team's ability to succeed in 2023 is inextricably linked to Russell Wilson not only rebounding from a bad year, but having a historic level rebound. As in unanimous comeback player of the year to the degree there isn't even any other player in the discussion. Russell has to lead this offense to an above average performance, potentially even top-10 for this team to have a shot at a 9-10 win season and playoff spot.

I believe this because I expect a pretty noticeable drop-off on our defense. I just have no confidence in Vance Joseph, a man who helped install the culture of losing within the Broncos. A culture they've not yet overcome. Last year the defense did more than it's fair share to keep this team in games. This year I doubt we can count on that. I think we have an average at best unit on D. Hope I'm wrong.

Here's to good health through OTA's. Despite not really being all that optimistic for 2023 I do think the Sean Payton hire signals this team is close to being respectable again.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@iknowftbll an offense that can sustain drives and control the clock makes any defense more effective. I want to see more takeaways - stops don't matter as much in the modern football era.

In Joseph's defense - he was hired to live through John Elway's Paxton Lynch mistake.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very interested in Tim Patrick's progress. If he can come back and be the same guy physically then he's going to be a great weapon for the Offense.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@iknowftbll an offense that can sustain drives and control the clock makes any defense more effective. I want to see more takeaways - stops don't matter as much in the modern football era.

In Joseph's defense - he was hired to live through John Elway's Paxton Lynch mistake.

I agree with that. Our defense was great last year but the stats won't necessarily show it because of some outliers. Rams game comes to mind. Offense couldn't stay on the field last year and wasn't doing anything to help that defense. So I definitely get what you're saying. I just remain skeptical about our defense. They may be fresh and still get run through like a hot knife through butter. I think the secondary will be fine. But the front of that defense has me a little concerned.