• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OTAs

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should read either yesterday or today's BR. One guy says " Lynch looked great in practice today ! ". The writer following that writer said..." Yes, that's the best I've seen Lynch so far,but that's not saying much ". " For the couple good plays he had, he looked lost,etc for much of day " or something to that effect. He said that what he saw " No way Lynch could of scored a td on any drive. Depends on which articles, writers you read. First guy did quote HC/ former D coach Joseph saying he looked great today ! Take that as you will. I'll still say TS wins job and only loses it to another Qb if he goes down or if O line and run game sucks again. If the " latter " happens, no qb they put in will fair well.

I'm guessing you are talking about Arnie Stapleton and his article. He is the only writer saying that and has been about the biggest Siemian homer around...even more than you. So I would be careful to take his words to mean much. When 20 people at practice all say the same thing that Lynch was doing pretty much everything right the entire day then one writer says opposite I think I would take the word of the 20 over the 1 but that is just me.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm expecting it to go: Lynch - Sloter - Kelly at this point. Preseason could change that, but that's what I see right now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm expecting it to go: Lynch - Sloter - Kelly at this point. Preseason could change that, but that's what I see right now.

Some whispers that I have been hearing is that McCoy and Siemian do not get along very well. McCoy is wanting this time of the offseason to be the QB's taking some chances and seeing what they can do and Siemian continues to just take the safe throws over and over. So McCoy has gotten after him quite a few times for being too conservative and well Siemian has snapped back at him that he disagrees with what he wants.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you are talking about Arnie Stapleton and his article. He is the only writer saying that and has been about the biggest Siemian homer around...even more than you. So I would be careful to take his words to mean much. When 20 people at practice all say the same thing that Lynch was doing pretty much everything right the entire day then one writer says opposite I think I would take the word of the 20 over the 1 but that is just me.
Your just too easy :)

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some whispers that I have been hearing is that McCoy and Siemian do not get along very well. McCoy is wanting this time of the offseason to be the QB's taking some chances and seeing what they can do and Siemian continues to just take the safe throws over and over. So McCoy has gotten after him quite a few times for being too conservative and well Siemian has snapped back at him that he disagrees with what he wants.
So basically Kyle Orton minus the turtle reflex?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok .Do mind sending the 20 others plus link, since otas started? Much appreciated. Oh, and while your at it, go ahead and confirm those " whispers " for us too. Unless of course there from your personal inside contacts. Don't want to get them in trouble with this hot stuff. :)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media only allowed to watch 1 practice each week and Arnie is the longest tenured dedicated reporter that covers the Broncos. I'd assume he has some very valid observations besides I like him when he speaks on the radio.

It's all silly stuff util the pads go on and the instincts kick in for each QB. Like baseball, you can't win it in June but I guess you can lose it. Sounds like Lynh has improved so far and likes the McCoy shotgun offense.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should read either yesterday or today's BR. One guy says " Lynch looked great in practice today ! ". The writer following that writer said..." Yes, that's the best I've seen Lynch so far,but that's not saying much ". " For the couple good plays he had, he looked lost,etc for much of day " or something to that effect. He said that what he saw " No way Lynch could of scored a td on any drive. Depends on which articles, writers you read. First guy did quote HC/ former D coach Joseph saying he looked great today ! Take that as you will. I'll still say TS wins job and only loses it to another Qb if he goes down or if O line and run game sucks again. If the " latter " happens, no qb they put in will fair well.

Joseph is in way over his head .....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically Kyle Orton minus the turtle reflex?

Pretty much. The issue right now is that the coaches are wanting to see growth from Siemian. They know he can make those short throws and do well doing that. We have seen that style of play though only gets you so far. Teams creaped up more and more towards the LOS as the season progressed because Siemian just wouldn't push the ball down the field. The offense becomes very limited at that point in both the run and pass game when all teams have to worry about is defending everything within 10 yards of the LOS.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media only allowed to watch 1 practice each week and Arnie is the longest tenured dedicated reporter that covers the Broncos. I'd assume he has some very valid observations besides I like him when he speaks on the radio.

It's all silly stuff util the pads go on and the instincts kick in for each QB. Like baseball, you can't win it in June but I guess you can lose it. Sounds like Lynh has improved so far and likes the McCoy shotgun offense.

Not saying he isn't a good voice on the Broncos. I have heard him speak though and he has shown a lot more bias towards Siemian than being an objective observer. And again when I hear many more people rave about Lynch's day I tend to think Arnie might have been a bit tough in his evaluation.

I'm not saying that Lynch was perfect on that day. I know he made some bad throws especially later in the practice where it looked like he was getting a little too confident trying to throw across his body which we all know is a big no no at the QB position.

I have had people inside the Broncos' organization though confirm that Lynch even beyond that one day of practice has really impressed people throughout the organization and even the players are starting to come around to him. He has put in a lot of extra hours on and off the field and it is showing up in the practices of him getting more and more consistent with what he is doing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok .Do mind sending the 20 others plus link, since otas started? Much appreciated. Oh, and while your at it, go ahead and confirm those " whispers " for us too. Unless of course there from your personal inside contacts. Don't want to get them in trouble with this hot stuff. :)

No I'm good. I already know how that goes. I spend some time looking up all these articles about how good Lynch has looked to only have you not read a single one and make some snide comment about "my sources/contacts". Not really worth my time to just be insulted by you because well you have no other way of responding. Kind of tired of the act.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch this year to last year is 'night and day' but it's still an open competition

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its equal between Lynch and Siemian - I think Lynch starts.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm good. I already know how that goes. I spend some time looking up all these articles about how good Lynch has looked to only have you not read a single one and make some snide comment about "my sources/contacts". Not really worth my time to just be insulted by you because well you have no other way of responding. Kind of tired of the act.
That's what I thought. Maybe if you had actually " once " backed that claim up with me I would have some respect. Given you plenty of opportunities and thus far you either ignore or play the sympathy card. Have to admit, your consistent though. :) :suds:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. The issue right now is that the coaches are wanting to see growth from Siemian. They know he can make those short throws and do well doing that. We have seen that style of play though only gets you so far. Teams creaped up more and more towards the LOS as the season progressed because Siemian just wouldn't push the ball down the field. The offense becomes very limited at that point in both the run and pass game when all teams have to worry about is defending everything within 10 yards of the LOS.
True points but you also need to throw in that they weren't concerned with run game or that the O line would give the Qb enough time to go deep. Unfortunately, there was a good reason Denver offensive pass game was stuck on 10 yd outs and slants. The play calling indictated the confidence the coaches had in that O line to protect the Qb long enough to execute any deep throws. If a D sees you can't run and you can't protect your Qb... Their going to be all over that line of scrimmage and bringing heat on every play. Denver offensive line was pitiful and I don't care who was back there at Qb, the results would be basically the same last year. Doesn't matter if your Qb has a big arm if he doesn't have time for play to develop.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I thought. Maybe if you had actually " once " backed that claim up with me I would have some respect. Given you plenty of opportunities and thus far you either ignore or play the sympathy card. Have to admit, your consistent though. :) :suds:

You do remember how many times I've had to look up articles for you right? I mean how many times have you posted say "hey saw an article that said this" and somebody asks you where you got that info from and well you say "I have no clue how to find or post that". So I do the dirty work for you and find it.

The issue is I find all those things for you then you don't read them. Then you claim I did nothing to back up my claim.

I don't know why I'm doing this but here you go. I'll give you a few

Paxton Lynch has best Broncos OTA practice

Paxton Lynch has best Broncos OTA practice, Taurean Nixon, Isaiah McKenzie shine, more observations

Paxton Lynch 'Stellar' At Broncos OTAs

Broncos OTA Day 7 takeaways: 'Good day' for offense, 'great day' for Paxton Lynch 

Paxton Lynch has best Broncos OTA practice, Lorenzo Doss, Isaiah McKenzie shine, more observations

Paxton Lynch puts together stellar practice as Broncos continue OTAs - 5280 Sports Network

Vance Joseph said one of Denver's quarterbacks had a 'great day'

There is a few to get you started.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True points but you also need to throw in that they weren't concerned with run game or that the O line would give the Qb enough time to go deep. Unfortunately, there was a good reason Denver offensive pass game was stuck on 10 yd outs and slants. The play calling indictated the confidence the coaches had in that O line to protect the Qb long enough to execute any deep throws. If a D sees you can't run and you can't protect your Qb... Their going to be all over that line of scrimmage and bringing heat on every play. Denver offensive line was pitiful and I don't care who was back there at Qb, the results would be basically the same last year. Doesn't matter if your Qb has a big arm if he doesn't have time for play to develop.

Not disagreeing with this. He did what he was asked to do last year. The coaches are asking him to do something different this year and he is still just doing those 5-10 yard passes every time. OTA's and Mini-Camp are the perfect time to try those deep throws as you can't be touched as a QB so why not at least work on the timing of hitting those types of plays? From what I understand that is what they keep telling him over and over and he just keeps throwing short. He is so afraid of throwing an interception that he just can't break through that barrier that the past coaching regime developed in him. To me if our offense is going to be successful this year either Paxton or Siemian are going to have to make some big plays. Our run game won't be able to function even if we have a decent OL if teams are not afraid of being beat deep.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason Kubiak liked TS; he's a system qb, and not McCoy's system from what I'm reading.

As for VJ Crash, it's all in your head. Funny how you're the only one who thinks that.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disagreeing with this. He did what he was asked to do last year. The coaches are asking him to do something different this year and he is still just doing those 5-10 yard passes every time. OTA's and Mini-Camp are the perfect time to try those deep throws as you can't be touched as a QB so why not at least work on the timing of hitting those types of plays? From what I understand that is what they keep telling him over and over and he just keeps throwing short. He is so afraid of throwing an interception that he just can't break through that barrier that the past coaching regime developed in him. To me if our offense is going to be successful this year either Paxton or Siemian are going to have to make some big plays. Our run game won't be able to function even if we have a decent OL if teams are not afraid of being beat deep.
Bingo! If a defense doesn't fear or respect the long ball, it will just load up inside 10-15 yards past the LOS. Good luck to any RB trying to find a decent hole in that.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons and Gotsis are killing it in camp apparently