• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OTAs

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos OTA Day 2 takeaways 

Sloter had his 2nd decent and noteworthy day in OTAs.

Some interesting stuff in this update - for Bronco fans.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Mingo. Good stuff so far. Sloter has early lead as wk 1 starter ! ;) Can't wait to see these guys in pads.

Absolutely - that was my thought too.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have confidence the D will be solid again and like to see who might emerge to challenge or push the Lb and D line starters from last year. O side ....can't wait to see just about every position have to step up game and earn starter role. Denver needs that side of ball to worry about keeping job to have a viable shot at getting to the big game.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's strange, but I just realized our HC and DC were black men. I mean, I knew it, but I just realized it...

Mr "pour a little suga on it" Woods is going to be a favorite of mine. And Kollar.

I'm really hoping that Gotsis coming in at 306 this year is going to lock down that RDE spot.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's strange, but I just realized our HC and DC were black men. I mean, I knew it, but I just realized it...

Mr "pour a little suga on it" Woods is going to be a favorite of mine. And Kollar.

I'm really hoping that Gotsis coming in at 306 this year is going to lock down that RDE spot.

Strange.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos OTA Day 3 takeaways

Siemian - Lynch - Roby - Henderson and McKenzie all get mentions.

This QB battle looks like it will be a fun one to watch. All depends on the type of QB you are looking for as a coach. Lynch seems like the more aggressive one for big plays but could also have a few more interceptions. Siemian will be smart with the football but might miss out on some big plays because of that conservative mindset.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This QB battle looks like it will be a fun one to watch. All depends on the type of QB you are looking for as a coach. Lynch seems like the more aggressive one for big plays but could also have a few more interceptions. Siemian will be smart with the football but might miss out on some big plays because of that conservative mindset.

Excellent analysis - CD.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have aggressive over conservative.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish we could combine the two.
That's funny. Yep, Lynch has certainly shown what a great arm he has so far. Match made in heaven. If that combo doesn't have you drooling then you just haven't checked the film out. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have aggressive over conservative.

I would too. Those types will lose you some games maybe you should win but they are also the type that can go win you the big games that matter most.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans like the big play but NFL coaches know turnovers cost you ball games but they also know most plays run off schedule. Sieman would be ok if he can make adjustments at playtime to put the team in a good play even if he has a skill set not like lynch. He should get that opportunity early this year .

Lynch on the other hand has the off schedule play making ability now but is he smart enough to make good decisions . Shananhan , late in jake plummers career , took away Plummer's play making ability becuase he was making dumb decisions.

Funny elway finally won a super bowl throwing for only 113 yards after 3 failed attempts
Trying to do it all

Right now VJ's coach speak is smart , good decision making in his QB

Demarcus Ware thinks it will be Trevor becuase defensive players don't really like a Developmental QB which I thought was interesting as the perceptive is the defense doesn't really care who is the QB but after the last two years of carrying the offense it has taken a toll
So many variables are happening right now

it will be OK if Elway is on the same page as the coaches when it comes to the final decision
What I find fascinating is both QBs could take a huge leap forward which is a major boom for the team or both dont and you hope for chad Kelley next year

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great stuff Chris!

The plain answer here is that Trevor Siemian - has the emotional bond with the players and Lynch does not. Otherwise - it is a toss up between the game manager and the game breaker - to be the starter. I think Siemian's bond with the players - is not necessarily Lynch's fault, but Siemian's positive.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most players will tell you the command and confidence in huddle is key to a Qb winning over his teammates and gaining their devotion. So far anyway, the majority seem very positive on TS and seem to just throw the required positives toward Lynch as being the guy this year. We shall see. I would certainly love to hear more " earnest " comments coming from players regarding Lynch as season gets closer.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans like the big play but NFL coaches know turnovers cost you ball games but they also know most plays run off schedule. Sieman would be ok if he can make adjustments at playtime to put the team in a good play even if he has a skill set not like lynch. He should get that opportunity early this year .

Lynch on the other hand has the off schedule play making ability now but is he smart enough to make good decisions . Shananhan , late in jake plummers career , took away Plummer's play making ability becuase he was making dumb decisions.

Funny elway finally won a super bowl throwing for only 113 yards after 3 failed attempts
Trying to do it all

Right now VJ's coach speak is smart , good decision making in his QB

Demarcus Ware thinks it will be Trevor becuase defensive players don't really like a Developmental QB which I thought was interesting as the perceptive is the defense doesn't really care who is the QB but after the last two years of carrying the offense it has taken a toll
So many variables are happening right now

it will be OK if Elway is on the same page as the coaches when it comes to the final decision
What I find fascinating is both QBs could take a huge leap forward which is a major boom for the team or both dont and you hope for chad Kelley next year
Interesting you mention Elway's SB win. His aggressiveness actually helped win that game, even though it also resulted in an INT. Ultimately that win also came on the legs of Davis. SB win #2 showed a pretty aggressive Elway as well.

I'd say that Lynch will be the one to take the bigger leap this year, and could end up as the starter. I still get the impression Siemian was bumping against his ceiling last season. He may prove me wrong, but I'm currently thinking it could end up being Lynch as the opening day starter. Will be an interesting preseason regardless.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady's 2001 QB analysis by the coaches for NE according to him.( He once peeked at a notebook left in a meeting room during the Super Bowl year)

Can't read defenses, throws behind receivers, slow decision making.

Sounds like Lynch err most rookie QBs .

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OTA Day 10 takeaways 

From reading the OTA stuff - Lynch and Siemian seem to be locked into an even competition - and UDFA Sloter - appears to have promise. I would not be surprised to see Lynch start and Siemian traded - I think Lynch wins - if it is even competition.

Glad to see the Broncos are working Jano at fullback - I was wondering what they would do with McCoy coming in and the extra RBs and TEs. It sure looks like the Broncos will have a great deal of versatility for the offense.

It appears the DL is dominating the Oline - reading between the lines - certainly with new guys - Paradis not on the field, Bolles not ramped up -etc - I wouldn't expect the Oline to be in top form. Still concerning with last year's Oline still causing me cold, sleepless nights.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OTA Day 10 takeaways

From reading the OTA stuff - Lynch and Siemian seem to be locked into an even competition - and UDFA Sloter - appears to have promise. I would not be surprised to see Lynch start and Siemian traded - I think Lynch wins - if it is even competition.

Glad to see the Broncos are working Jano at fullback - I was wondering what they would do with McCoy coming in and the extra RBs and TEs. It sure looks like the Broncos will have a great deal of versatility for the offense.

It appears the DL is dominating the Oline - reading between the lines - certainly with new guys - Paradis not on the field, Bolles not ramped up -etc - I wouldn't expect the Oline to be in top form. Still concerning with last year's Oline still causing me cold, sleepless nights.
You should read either yesterday or today's BR. One guy says " Lynch looked great in practice today ! ". The writer following that writer said..." Yes, that's the best I've seen Lynch so far,but that's not saying much ". " For the couple good plays he had, he looked lost,etc for much of day " or something to that effect. He said that what he saw " No way Lynch could of scored a td on any drive. Depends on which articles, writers you read. First guy did quote HC/ former D coach Joseph saying he looked great today ! Take that as you will. I'll still say TS wins job and only loses it to another Qb if he goes down or if O line and run game sucks again. If the " latter " happens, no qb they put in will fair well.