• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT OK people...whats your most difficult dish you prepare that you are proud of?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my goodness! I don't know how I did not know that you are a chef gooch! I aspire to become a chef myself. But to answer your question, I really don't know what the hardest thing I can make.

Are you in school or working in a kitchen currently? Its awesome that you want to be a chef. Most people think its like what they see on the Food Network but its not even close.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a theory on why most of the best chefs are men....if a man cooks it's usually because he likes too...he enjoys it....woman are raised believing that they have to cook...they don't share the same passion for it....

I agree with you mostly. For women to succeed in a kitchen, they typically have to be very aggressive and willing to put up with the rest of the crew being men. Takes a special and strong woman to be able to do it and make it. I have worked with some very talented women and they were more rough and tough than the guys around.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've worked in a kitchen and i consider myself a fairly good cook. most of the time i'm running low on time and just have to make something easy. i'm great with pasta. i make a mean white sauce (alfredo) and a killa buffalo chicken dip (world's easiest recipe), salsa queso dip, and my 'family famous' strawberry pretzel salad. that and banana bread. most are simple. so...nothing difficult, but i love cooking.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
best thing I used to make on a regular basis is crepes. As a bachelor, i would whip up a batch for dinner and just eat them just standing at the counter while I'm cooking the next one.

I have taught my wife to make then, and now she makes them for my daughter and I every weekend morning. I have a good life. :D

other than that, I'm pretty much a BBQ guy. I do make phenomenal roasted potatoes, though.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you in school or working in a kitchen currently? Its awesome that you want to be a chef. Most people think its like what they see on the Food Network but its not even close.

Right now I am in collage studying mangerial business. But this summer I am working in a local family resturant, but as a busboy. So I am atleast around the kitchen. Hopefully by the end of the summer I can work my way into the kitchen when one of the chefs is moving back home. To make a somewhat long story short, I once met the former executive chef of the white house, Walter Scheib. I told him that I wanted to be a chef, and he told me to get a job at McDonalds or Burger King, and if I still enjoyed cooking after working at the worst place to work, in then I should follow my dream. So that's what I did in my junior and senior year of high school. And I can gladly say I still enjoy cooking.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a theory on why most of the best chefs are men....if a man cooks it's usually because he likes too...he enjoys it....woman are raised believing that they have to cook...they don't share the same passion for it....

I completely agree. I do all the cooking in my house...everyday and I love it.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I like to eat requires a fist full of quarters.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I am in collage studying mangerial business. But this summer I am working in a local family resturant, but as a busboy. So I am atleast around the kitchen. Hopefully by the end of the summer I can work my way into the kitchen when one of the chefs is moving back home. To make a somewhat long story short, I once met the former executive chef of the white house, Walter Scheib. I told him that I wanted to be a chef, and he told me to get a job at McDonalds or Burger King, and if I still enjoyed cooking after working at the worst place to work, in then I should follow my dream. So that's what I did in my junior and senior year of high school. And I can gladly say I still enjoy cooking.

Thats really cool! I actually worked under a chef that worked with Scheib. I always said to some of the guys I worked with that I think its important to work in a corperate restaurant at some point to see if your are fast enough and more importantly, do you enjoy cooking. If so, learn the basics and PLEASE, for your own good, learn how to use a knife. Its so important to be able and fast enough to use a knife. You are much safer cutting correctly and it puts you in a much higher position in the kitchen on that skill alone. Too many people arent willing to take the time training themselves how to do it. You can be cutting like a pro in a week if you commit.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ha ha, Watch it pal I think I still have your number and will dial it so you better hope she doesn't answer. After I tell her what you said Chris will not be getting any for a month !! :)

How ya been bro?

The irony of that statement is she was making me food while I was posting behind her back. WINNNNNNN!!

...and i'm good, could be better(with a game 1 win!) hopefully i'm better tomorrow!

How about yourself?

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
haha My wife is the cook at my house part of the time. She makes better "home cookin" better than me so thank God shes good at it. She never listens to me when I try to give her helpful tips here and there but what can I expect?

She's not listening? Thats outta control!!

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats really cool! I actually worked under a chef that worked with Scheib. I always said to some of the guys I worked with that I think its important to work in a corperate restaurant at some point to see if your are fast enough and more importantly, do you enjoy cooking. If so, learn the basics and PLEASE, for your own good, learn how to use a knife. Its so important to be able and fast enough to use a knife. You are much safer cutting correctly and it puts you in a much higher position in the kitchen on that skill alone. Too many people arent willing to take the time training themselves how to do it. You can be cutting like a pro in a week if you commit.

That would be one thing I would need to work on, just need to take the time and do it. This upcoming fall, I was hoping to start culinary school, but I'm beginning to wonder if I should or not. Would really put me in a tough spot with money because my parents won't cover it.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be one thing I would need to work on, just need to take the time and do it. This upcoming fall, I was hoping to start culinary school, but I'm beginning to wonder if I should or not. Would really put me in a tough spot with money because my parents won't cover it.

I cant tell you to go or not but over half the chefs I know learned by just doing it rather than going to school. Its not a requirement I can say. I didnt go and its a tough road reguardless. Consistent hard work and determination isnt something that can be taught and thats all i needed. I would get into any kitchen you can and soak up what you can. Good luck and hit me up if you need anything I can help you with bud!

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant tell you to go or not but over half the chefs I know learned by just doing it rather than going to school. Its not a requirement I can say. I didnt go and its a tough road reguardless. Consistent hard work and determination isnt something that can be taught and thats all i needed. I would get into any kitchen you can and soak up what you can. Good luck and hit me up if you need anything I can help you with bud!

thanks, and it's nice to know someone who has made it in the same thing. I know it's not the easiest road, but one of the reasons I like cooking is because of the challange of it.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony of that statement is she was making me food while I was posting behind her back. WINNNNNNN!!

...and i'm good, could be better(with a game 1 win!) hopefully i'm better tomorrow!

How about yourself?

Doing OK Chris. Have a lot of sleepness nights but am going to a study from UB on pain management. I would never wish three spinal surgeries on my worst enemy man. Well maybe Gary Bettman. :)

Sometimes I go two or three days without sleep but I know there are people that have it much harder so we do what we can do.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks, and it's nice to know someone who has made it in the same thing. I know it's not the easiest road, but one of the reasons I like cooking is because of the challange of it.

One piece of advice when you start cooking more, there are many ways to make things and some are ok shortcuts but whatever you do.....NEVER, choose ease over quality!

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing OK Chris. Have a lot of sleepness nights but am going to a study from UB on pain management. I would never wish three spinal surgeries on my worst enemy man. Well maybe Gary Bettman. :)

Sometimes I go two or three days without sleep but I know there are people that have it much harder so we do what we can do.

Man I feel for you. Bad backs are horrible and just to have 1 surgery is tough let alone 3. Hang in there Boss!

The Soggy one

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
god dammit. was going to go with ramen noodles and honus ruined it for me right away

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of culinary delights, just a reminder to Boss about making that stop at Primanti's next month. When will you be passing thru? I'll be up in the Burgh starting June 12.