• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Massacre at Colorado theater

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micayla Medek
Medek, known as Cayla to her friends, was "very spiritual and close to God," her second-cousin Anita Busch told CNN. Her family is tight-knit, Busch said. Medek's Facebook page describes her as a "sandwich artist/closer" at Subway in Aurora, and a student of general studies at the Community College of Aurora with plans to graduate in 2015. She lived in Westminster, Colorado, but was from Aurora, Busch said. "I'm a simple independant [sic] girl who's just trying to get her life together while still having fun," she wrote on her Facebook page. She was 23.

medek.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Sullivan
Sullivan was excited that "The Dark Knight Rises" would open on his birthday. "Oh man one hour till the movie and its going to be the best BIRTHDAY ever," he tweeted. He grew up in Colorado and had been working at the Century 16 theater, according to his uncle Jim Loewenguth. But he was off that night to enjoy the late movie with friends. Loewenguth characterized Sullivan as a smart and funny man who "never had a bad chip on his shoulder." This week he was about to celebrate his first wedding anniversary with his wife Cassie. He died on his 27th birthday.

sullivan22n-5-web.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesse Childress
Air Force Staff Sgt. Jesse Childress was a reservist on active duty with 310 Force Support Squadron.

no photo

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.J. Boik
Boik was an independent distributor for Organo Gold, a coffee company, and lived in Aurora, Colorado, according to what appears to be Boik's personal Facebook page. James Crofter, father of Jordan Crofter, Boik's friend who survived the shooting, said Jordan and Boik played lacrosse together and both went to Gateway High School. Boik's girlfriend had also been at the movie, and reunited with Jordan outside the theater. Boik is remembered in a Facebook memorial page. "We're all grieving right now about A.J.'s death," Crofter said.

no photo

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so weirded out by this whole scene, I spent 26 years in Aurora growing up and working before I moved to the mountains? When I first saw this stuff, I thought great, another gang shooting(not a great area anymore) but this dude was just another freakin nut job taken innocent people with him on his pathetic crusade to no where, what a waste. Still have quite a few friends in that area and they say it's a freakin zoo. I haven't tslked to my Niece yet but I believe one of the victims was a friend of hers. I hope they waste no time killing this dude, unfortunately Colorado doesn't move fast on the Death Penalty. We're still waiting for this piece of shit to die..

Death penalty stands for Nathan Dunlap, who killed four at Aurora Chuck E. Cheese - The Denver Post

Crazily enough, this happened in Aurora too..

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God dammit Matt... :(

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jessica Redfield seemed like our kinda gal.

28ugzs7.png

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whole different perspective when you see some people and get some background.

It unimaginable. Just normal people very excited and happy about something as silly and fun as a movie with their families and friends and they get put through sheer hell. Many of their lives ended and many more of their lives will never be the same.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pisses me off that this asshole will probably not get the death penalty nor be thrown in with other cellmates. He will most likely be declared insane and treated as such in his own cell. Fucking bullshit.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And tears. Thanks for the in memory posts. These are those who should be remembered. I lost it with the 27 year old coming up on first anniversary. Gah.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And tears. Thanks for the in memory posts. These are those who should be remembered. I lost it with the 27 year old coming up on first anniversary. Gah.

this one is bugging me big pix. I just want to give as much attention where I can for those lost.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JordanGhawi
This was the last thing my sister said to me. I wish I would have been a better brother to her. I'm starting now.
proxy.jpg

My heart is just broken.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this one is bugging me big pix. I just want to give as much attention where I can for those lost.

It really sucks. Like Loki posted earlier - the joy and happiness aspect of the victims stays with me and bothers me.

A few weeks ago friends of friends, but people I have met and talked to many times were in an accident in England. Its a married couple and I have seen them half a dozen times at my friends parties and the most recent time was on Memorial day at a cookout. That day they were both talking about how excited they were for their upcoming trip to England. Well on that trip - the couple I kinda knew, her sister and brother in law, and the girls father were in a car accident and all three of the men died. So in one moment the girls lost both of their husbands and their father. Just awful. My friends are devastated and even though I did not know them well it bothers me and has for a month.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last thing I would have been reaching for is my cell phone. I would have been reaching for my Glock 19 and hoping I could drop the guy in his tracks. It would have been a difficult thing to do considering body armor and a AR15 as his primary weapon. If I was there though in order to protect my family I would have threw them to the ground and moved away from them a bit and open up on him. I would rather go down with a fight rather than sit on the floor hoping he looks in another direction.

Just a terrible situation. RIP for the lost.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan T. Blunk, 26

Blunk was supposed to fly Saturday to Reno, Nevada, to see his wife, 4-year-old daughter and son, 2.

"We were going to have a family day," said wife Chantel Blunk.

Instead, she put up the dress her daughter had picked out to wear to the airport. "I tried to tell her we wouldn't see Daddy anymore. But that he would still love us and look over us."

Jonathan Blunk served five years in the U.S. Navy, including service aboard a vessel in San Diego. Her husband said if he died, he wanted it to happen in battle, Chantel Blunk told CNN.

The Reno couple married in 2007 and separated in 2010, she said. The pair remained on good terms after Jonathan moved to Aurora. He held various positions and was trying to get back into the service, she said.

Chantel Blunk said she wants her husband to have a military funeral. She said she will remember Jonathan's humor, spontaneity and attention to family.

Hailey, 4, is comforted by calling her father's cell phone and hearing him on voice mail.
"We love him and he is going to be remembered as a hero," Chantel Blunk said.

120722025505-jonathan-blunk-story-body.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.J. Boik
Boik was an independent distributor for Organo Gold, a coffee company, and lived in Aurora, Colorado, according to what appears to be Boik's personal Facebook page. James Crofter, father of Jordan Crofter, Boik's friend who survived the shooting, said Jordan and Boik played lacrosse together and both went to Gateway High School. Boik's girlfriend had also been at the movie, and reunited with Jordan outside the theater. Boik is remembered in a Facebook memorial page. "We're all grieving right now about A.J.'s death," Crofter said.

120722031406-a-j-boik-colorado-victim-story-body.jpg

with photo

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon W. Cowden, 51

Cowden took his two teenage children to the theater. His children escaped unharmed, according to California's Ventura County Star.

A family spokesman described Cowden as a "loving father, outdoorsman and small business owner," according to the Star.

"Cowden was a true Texas gentleman that loved life and his family. A quick-witted world traveler with a keen sense of humor, he will be remembered for his devotion to his children and for always trying his best to do the right thing, no matter the obstacle."

120722025200-gordon-cowden-colorado-victim-story-body.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Veronica Moser-Sullivan, 6
Described as a "vibrant little girl," Veronica had just learned to swim and was "excited about life," her great-aunt said.

The girl's mother was critically injured at the movie theater, with wounds to the neck and abdomen, said Annie Dalton. "All she is asking about is her daughter."

"Her whole life has changed in a flash, for what? She still doesn't know her daughter is gone. Now our priority is to make sure that she survives this," Dalton said of Ashley Moser, 25.

Ashley Moser has just gotten into a licensed practical nurse program, Dalton told reporters. "Obviously, with this injury she not going to be able to start school like she planned. It's a dramatic change in everything."

Veronica was an only child.

veronica-moser-sullivan-the-sullivan-family.jpg