• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Massacre at Colorado theater

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just waking up and hearing this on the news. Aurora Colorado at a midnight showing of the new Batman movie. 14 confirmed dead, 50 injured, 24 y/o man in custody. What a fucked up world we live in.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could have sworn the title read a massacre in Colorado. Syria is a third world shithole, we are a highly civilized society. Was there really a need to drop that in here?

On topic. I heard there were two shooters. One is captive, one they are still looking for. Supposedly they snuck in through a mall door entrance. They were masked, and used tear gas prior to opening fire. Several children killed as well as a baby. Very, very fucked up. Truly is a fucked up world.

edit: Nevermind, now they are saying one shooter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could have sworn the title read a massacre in Colorado. Syria is a third world shithole, we are a highly civilized society. Was there really a need to drop that in here?

On topic. I heard there were two shooters. One is captive, one they are still looking for. Supposedly they snuck in through a mall door entrance. They were masked, and used tear gas prior to opening fire. Several children killed as well as a baby. Very, very fucked up. Truly is a fucked up world.

edit: Nevermind, now they are saying one shooter.

Not it really matters how many nutjobs it took to slaughter over a dozen people, honestly. Thanks for the update though. My prayers to those killed or wounded and their families/friends. My prayers for the shooter as well, but they are slightly... less benevolent, shall we say?

Man, I wish people would get themselves some help before starting down a path like this. Obviously this isn't the sort of thing that just happens, right? I hope not; the thought that one day I could wake up and say, hey, lets kill a bunch of folks today is goddamn terrifying.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, god, CNN has a cell phone video from inside the theater. I don't want to see that. Who wants to see that? Christ, give the victims and their loved ones privacy and don't broadcast that shit! Have some fucking DECENCY.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck has the time or instinct to pull out a cell phone and start rolling film when a guy starts opening fire in a crowded theater? But yeah, that's the kind of stuff that doesn't need to air on CNN or any other network.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Ridiculous. People are fucking retarded. Last thing on my mind would be to pull my phone out.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is some serious shit. This dude had tear gas cannisters, full on body armor, riot helmet, supposedly some sort of semi-automatic rifle. Fucking nuts. They found him by his car in the back of the theater.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Ridiculous. People are fucking retarded. Last thing on my mind would be to pull my phone out.

I think somebody was probably recording the MOVIE (piracy, whoo) and then ended up recording the shooting instead. Of course, I don't knoooow that's the case...

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think somebody was probably recording the MOVIE (piracy, whoo) and then ended up recording the shooting instead. Of course, I don't knoooow that's the case...

I didn't think about that... I guess it never occurred to me that people would be willing to pay money to watch a shaky, grainy homemade recording of a movie. But I realize that does happen, so maybe that's the case.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who the fuck has the time or instinct to pull out a cell phone and start rolling film when a guy starts opening fire in a crowded theater? But yeah, that's the kind of stuff that doesn't need to air on CNN or any other network.

Someone who thinks quickly and rationally in a chaotic situation?

Say the guy had got away...that could have been extremely useful evidence (edited to add: not that I would ever want to watch that or think it should be on CNN).

Horrible, horrible to hear. My thoughts are with the families.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone who thinks quickly and rationally in a chaotic situation?

Say the guy had got away...that could have been extremely useful evidence (edited to add: not that I would ever want to watch that or think it should be on CNN).

Horrible, horrible to hear. My thoughts are with the families.

To clarify, I don't have a problem with the video existing ('cept for the if he was pirating the movie, and that's not exactly a major concern at the moment), but fuck the media for putting it online.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FriedgeHNIC
An aspiring NHL broadcaster -- Jessica Redfield -- was killed in the Colorado shooting last night. Didn't know her personally, but...

FriedgeHNIC
those who did said great things about her work and her future. Condolences to her friends and her family.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My heart goes out to all the families of the victims of this awful tragedy. Just terrible.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FriedgeHNIC
An aspiring NHL broadcaster -- Jessica Redfield -- was killed in the Colorado shooting last night. Didn't know her personally, but...

FriedgeHNIC
those who did said great things about her work and her future. Condolences to her friends and her family.

and she was tweeting about the shooting before and as it was happening

as far as the question concerning "who pulls out their cell phone during a shooting" ... this is the age we live in ... the smart phone is ubiquitous ... more than 1 person was doing it

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The video is just a guy standing at the main doors to the theater showing people leaving the facility. One guy has some blood on his shoulder, the rest are just people walking out of the movies. It's really not gruesome, or interesting, or of the incident itself. It's mostly just a bunch of people outside being loud and if you didn't know the context, you wouldn't even know something was wrong.

Unfortunate. Feel bad for the families of those dead or injured. Clearly just a nutter with a few guns. I feel bad, but I've almost gotten used to this now. I'm not really all that shocked by it. We live in a free society with easy access to guns, some people are crazy, and sadly they mix occasionally.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as the question concerning "who pulls out their cell phone during a shooting" ... this is the age we live in ... the smart phone is ubiquitous ... more than 1 person was doing it

Fight, flight, or Tweet?

That's insane. I'd be only concerned with one of the first two.