• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The TKO Punches - QB Rankings

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'll follow the Treff train and get my thoughts out there.

The following rankings are for standard scoring leagues.

1. Peyton Manning - I understand the arguments for Drew and Aaron, but I believe the addition of Welker puts Peyton in a new world and he'll be staring at 50 TD, with single digit INT.
2. Drew Brees - Still came out as the top QB last year despite not having his coach. This year will be another breeze, but a tick under Peyton's production and more than likely double digit INT.
3. Aaron Rodgers - Rodgers gets the 200+ rushing yards and couple of scores each year, which usually puts him on top of the list, but their O-line woes and Finley's sucking keeps him under 40 TD.
4. Tom Brady - Did you hear about Hernandez? Gronk? No more Welker? Yeah, me too... so you're jaw will probably drop when you see how good of a season Brady will have.
5. Matt Ryan - I almost put Ryan ahead of Brady, but I believe Brady's less INT make the difference. S-Jax should make a nice impact on dumps and screens, boosting an already potent down field attack.
6. Andrew Luck - Safety goes a long way, and before we get to the explosive legs, I have to put Luck here, as a sure bet for 16 games. (knocks on wood) And I think the INT's get cut in half.
7. Robert Griffin III - Sounds like he'll be a go for the season. His accuracy is the biggest factor here, other than injury questions that surround him and Garcon as well... but the upside is too high.
8. Colin Kaepernick - Best surrounding cast of the next few on the list, otherwise, you could close your eyes and pick one. Major explosiveness.
9. Cam Newton - Seemed to be the phenom, but hasn't taken that next step... is it his team? Coaching? Or does he get out of the Clark Kent clothes this year?
10. Russell Wilson - The little 3rd rounder exceeded everyone's expectations last year and continued to do what he did in Wisconsin, win. Solid cast around him, but less of a "offensive coaching attack".
11. Eli Manning - Eli will do his thing and with a healthy WR corps, he should excel once again. I think games will be put on his shoulders more this season unless David Wilson surprises as a workhorse.
12. Tony Romo - If not for the INT factor, Romo would be ahead of Luck... but it's just so hard to trust Romo, he can't be ranked that high, IMO.
13. Andy Dalton - Growing up with one of the best WR must be nice. Along with A.J., he's got a nice group of skill players around him, look for Dalton to hit 4000 and 30 this year.
14. Matthew Stafford - Not sure what happened last year, but something's gotta give. But ya gotta show me something Staff! You would think a return to 30+ TD is in range though...
15. Josh Freeman - Still has upside, and a pretty good surrounding cast...but the offense still runs through Doug Martin, and dud weeks will come when the HR hitters (V-Jax/MW) strike out.
16. Michael Vick - Doesn't really excite whoever drafts him anymore, but there's always a chance the good Vick returns, and that upside is worth it before we get to the rest.
17. Phillip Rivers - It's crazy to think 17 might be too high for Rivers! But that's the case these days after a dreadful 2012 season. Out with Norv, brings new blood and new life.
18. Carson Palmer - Larry Fitzgerald was seen dancing all off season, everywhere he went. Okay, I know, the Cardinals didn't just bring Kurt Warner out of retirement, but Palmer can chuck.
19. Ben Roethlisberger - In real football, he's way higher on this list, but in fantasy, without Wallace, and Brown not showing much end zone prowess, I'm not intrigued.
20. Matt Schaub - The Texans can be brutal for a fantasy QB. They have a patient running attack, but a healthy Schaub/Andre J should lead to enough points to keep him in the top 20.
21. Joe Flacco - Superbowl MVP way down here? Who would have though Anquan Boldin would mean this much. Without a Torrey HR, it will be tough sledding for big point weeks... but he shouldn't kill you.
22. Jay Cutler - I've looked at Cutler's name for the last few rankings, but kept passing right by him. At some point, Brandon Marshall's QB has to get some love.
23. Ryan Tannehill - Some nice additions (on paper) for the Phins should help T-Hill grow up a little more in the offense.
24. Alex Smith - Not loving the move for Smith, but Andy Reid should keep it simple and Alex should have some value with Bowe and Charles.
25. E.J. Manuel - Here's the downside of doing rankings in July. I can see Kolb getting the gig, but I don't see him keeping it. If E.J. was a sure thing to start Week 1, I would probably put him at 20.
26. Sam Bradford - I'm just not a big Bradford guy. He probably won't kill you, but I don't see any big weeks coming his way because of a rookie WR/X factor coming to town.
27. Jake Locker - Okay Jake, it's time to stay healthy, because you have an Amish Rifle pointing at your head! Seriously though, he has to stay on the field, but the upside is there with Kenny Britt.
28. Brandon Weeden - He might be higher on this list if Greg Little didn't drop what seemed like 2 passes per game.
29. Matt Flynn - This should tell you how I feel about the bottom three.
30. Christian Ponder - I'm having a hard time putting him on the list.
31. Blaine Gabbert - I'm having a really hard time putting him on the list.
32. Mark Sanchez - I'm having a really, really hard time putting him on the list.

Of the rest, who have a "chance of playing", whether that's injury or bad play...

Kevin Kolb, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith, Chad Henne, Kirk Cousins, Tim Tebow (who knows hey Treff) :)

RB - WR to come ... maybe I'll do a TE list as well.

Let me hear it!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang... sorry, TKO, but I agree with you all over the place. Our top 3 are identical.

Happily I can disagree with you on Luck, because I don't think he makes the jump just yet. I think his numbers go up, but that will be true of a handful of other guys, too, so I think he basically treads water in the rankings this year. I think Wilson makes a bigger leap than Luck does.

I like RGIII a lot on a points-per-game basis, but I think he misses enough time to fall out of the top 12.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it that based on this list you will be waiting for a QB then?

Luck can probably be had in like round 7 or 8 of most drafts since he is outside the top 12 on many expert ranks. If you like him that much, you could really stock up a nice crew of backs and receivers while waiting on him.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why ya gotta connect me with Tebow?? I still think he'll be an H Back/TE :)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gpod stuff TKO...Glad to see we're far off on a few and similar on a few others! Like the brief synopsis after each as well..wanted to do that, just didn't have the time. good job!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it that based on this list you will be waiting for a QB then?

Luck can probably be had in like round 7 or 8 of most drafts since he is outside the top 12 on many expert ranks. If you like him that much, you could really stock up a nice crew of backs and receivers while waiting on him.

-- yup, unless Brady is staring at me at the back of Round 3 (like my suicide pick) -- depending on who is available elsewhere of course...

Dang... sorry, TKO, but I agree with you all over the place. Our top 3 are identical.

I didn't think there would be too many with Peyton at the top. Good to hear I'm not alone.

Like the brief synopsis after each as well..wanted to do that, just didn't have the time. good job!

I'll have the time, Treff, because I can't see me going as deep as you.. I'll probably top out at 40 RB ... might go up to 48. And can't see me doing any more than 60 WR. -- and by the way, great job with your rankings! That's a lot of names in a little time.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO.Nice List the synopsis is fantastic great work ill try to learn from it
you obviously spent some solid time and effort doing that...

:whistle::whistle::clap::clap::clap: