• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Massacre at Colorado theater

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and she was tweeting about the shooting before and as it was happening

as far as the question concerning "who pulls out their cell phone during a shooting" ... this is the age we live in ... the smart phone is ubiquitous ... more than 1 person was doing it

i believe she was tweeting about a shooting she narrowly escaped in a toronto mall not long before this event.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and her tweets stop before the movie started...so she was not tweeting her own shooting fellas

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe she was tweeting about a shooting she narrowly escaped in a toronto mall not long before this event.

Wait, so she was nearly shot at another incident at a mall before being killed at this mall? That's unbelievable. Or am I not understanding you correctly?

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wait, so she was nearly shot at another incident at a mall before being killed at this mall? That's unbelievable. Or am I not understanding you correctly?

no you are right, pretty crazy huh? once is rare let alone two times in a short time period.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fight, flight, or Tweet?

That's insane. I'd be only concerned with one of the first two.

did anyone see the reddit post by the guy in Toronto who pretty much detailed the entire mass shooting that happened there on Monday night ... using twitter ... he had names, back stories, the names of people threatening revenge ... all close to 3 hours after the shooting happened

everyone puts everything out there for public consumption

Editors Weblog - Reddit report on Toronto shooting compliments bird's eye view with street-level snapshots

Breaking news: 11 People shot at house party(morningside and Lawrence) 2 without vital : toronto

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no you are right, pretty crazy huh? once is rare let alone two times in a short time period.

yah she was at the mall shooting that Blue Jay Brett Lawrie was also witness to ... she was in Toronto covering something NHL related

her last 3 tweets last night were to Jessie Spector, writer for the Hockey News

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As cliche as it is, shit like this makes you cherish everyday and try and not be so miserable over every day burdens. You just never know when your final day will come.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. this is tragic. all our thoughts for those lost and their families.

what is happening in our world

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a 3 month old was 1 of the victims???

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts go out to the victims.

While I've been recovering from my hospital stay I haven't been able to do much. I grab a coffee in the morning check the local news on line then CNN and Fox.

That is going to change, If you read or watch the news for more than an hour a day I bet you can put yourself into a state of depression. It's terrible when you expect to see shit like this happen every fucking day.

With nut jobs like this and all of the other shit happening around the world the news just seems to bring you down.

It's a fucking shame that people just can't leave each other alone and go on with their own lives without fucking with innocent people. I understand some people are in need of help and it would be great if we could find a way to see the signs before shit like this happens.

The best thing to do is realize that there are still more people in the world that are good and try to look for the positives but it is hard at time's.

The fact that cable news networks bust their ass to see if they can get the graphic details out there before the other channels doesn't help.

Tomorrow I will start the day by watching some comedy movies I have and escape for at least a couple of hours from a world that seems to be spinning out of control.

Again my thoughts to the victims of this tragedy.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I've been recovering from my hospital stay I haven't been able to do much. I grab a coffee in the morning check the local news on line then CNN and Fox.

That is going to change, If you read or watch the news for more than an hour a day I bet you can put yourself into a state of depression. It's terrible when you expect to see shit like this happen every fucking day.

With nut jobs like this and all of the other shit happening around the world the news just seems to bring you down.

It's a fucking shame that people just can't leave each other alone and go on with their own lives without fucking with innocent people. I understand some people are in need of help and it would be great if we could find a way to see the signs before shit like this happens.

The best thing to do is realize that there are still more people in the world that are good and try to look for the positives but it is hard at time's.

The fact that cable news networks bust their ass to see if they can get the graphic details out there before the other channels doesn't help.

Tomorrow I will start the day by watching some comedy movies I have and escape for at least a couple of hours from a world that seems to be spinning out of control.

Again my thoughts to the victims of this tragedy.

Well said Boss.:yo:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MORE BREAKING: @SusanCandiotti confirms police concerned the Colorado shooting suspect's apartment could be booby trapped.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jessica Redfield ‏@JessicaRedfield
@darrelrubin the "im going to be too tired tomorrow" argument never wins

@TheKevinStewart HOW!?

@kyleshohara donde!?

Never thought I'd have to coerce a guy into seeing the midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises with me.

@darrelrubin actually won the argument. he's going! WIN!!!

@deviflux WHOA

@j_dobbsey come her and force me to join. i ned it

Of course we're seeing Dark Knight. Redheaded Texan spitfire, people should never argue with me.Maybe I should get in on those NHL talks...

@jessespector you aren't seeing it tonight?!

@jessespector psh. Loser!

@jessespector MOVIE DOESN'T START FOR 20 MINUTES

These are the last Tweets of Jessica Redfield. I did not know her. Some in the media world that we follow so closely of hockey were quite fond of her and her upcoming career. I read here a girl who was REALLY excited to go see this movie and practically had to drag someone along with them (hope they are ok and if they are I see many years of sadness for them) when you read the first entry it was 14 hours ago. NOTE: darrelrubin seems to be ok.

Just a few hours before heading out to the movie. you can see right to her last post that she just lived an normal ordinary life. Its nothing really. just tweets but the final tweets of an innocent life taken from the world that just wanted to watch movies, watch hockey and live.

My heart goes out to this massacre. Maybe as a society we are getting desensitized to these actions. We see it so much, in so many cities. In fact this same girl narrowly escaped the Eaton Center shooting in Toronto her blog on the event is below. Now she sadly has become a victim to the same type of event in another city, in another environment.

Late Night Thoughts on the Eaton Center Shooting A Run On of Thoughts

We will most likely see a reaction change to how movies are watched going forward (airport type security checks? metal detectors, bag searches? no bags?). As terrible as this sounds is anyone shocked that this type of target has not occurred before this or more frequently. A full movie theatre, dark, everyone focused on the same thing. Its so sad to live in a world that when you go to a place to "escape" reality and disappear for 2+ hours for some entertainment that now many people will be peeking over to the exit doors to see if something is going to go down.

Some people are going to say, I would have rushed him, tackled him anything... I dont know what I would have done. I would hope that I would have grabbed the hand of whomever I was with and got out of there safe best I can and help anyone I could along the way.

I am sad for our world today. This is not Syria, this is not Iraq this is the United States of America, This is Canada, this is North America, this happens too often and our countries are allowing it too frequently. This is not the governments fault, this is not the guns fault, this is not the store that sold the guns fault, this lies in the individual that opened that door and pulled the trigger, I dont know what the laws are in Colorado but Im expecting he will get the maximum I only hope we get an inside look as to why he has done this so maybe someone can see signs in a friend, a loved one and somehow prevent it before it ever gets to this. Man we live in a sick world, we are killing ourselves.

RIP to all those that died in this, Heal strongly for those that survived, find some form of peace for those that lost their loved ones last night.

I dont pray, I am not a religious man. I will keep this in my thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, thats a pretty awful story. The chaos and shock of being shot at in a theater is unimaginable.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GREAT post, Boss. One longstanding Eloco theory is that the world around us is generally getting better (or staying about the same), but that the media lets us in to these horrific nightmares and we experience them and feel worse about our world because of it. Basically, that all the positive experiences of our everyday lives are sometimes overshadowed by the negative experiences that are brought home to roost b/c we have such widespread access to the daily list of atrocities that occur.

There are positives to this, such as the massive outpouring of support, money, and aid after the tsunami years ago.

If any of you have HBO, The Newsroom is actually addressing some of these issues and is a downright inspiring program. Personally, I try to read 90% of my news and avoid watching it on TV. It's not that we should turn a blind eye to terrible news or problems we need to address as a society, but we haev to remember all the good in the world out there and not allow things like this to bog us down.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GREAT post, Boss. One longstanding Eloco theory is that the world around us is generally getting better (or staying about the same), but that the media lets us in to these horrific nightmares and we experience them and feel worse about our world because of it. Basically, that all the positive experiences of our everyday lives are sometimes overshadowed by the negative experiences that are brought home to roost b/c we have such widespread access to the daily list of atrocities that occur.

There are positives to this, such as the massive outpouring of support, money, and aid after the tsunami years ago.

If any of you have HBO, The Newsroom is actually addressing some of these issues and is a downright inspiring program. Personally, I try to read 90% of my news and avoid watching it on TV. It's not that we should turn a blind eye to terrible news or problems we need to address as a society, but we haev to remember all the good in the world out there and not allow things like this to bog us down.

I have read similar things. At least from some sources for the most part crime has gone down since I was a child, and children are in no more danger now than when I was a kid. Yet, at least from my perspective, I had a lot more freedom as a kid and my parents were a lot less worried about something happening to me than most parents are today.

Besides the sensationalism of modern news is the fact that the cable national news and internet give us a lot more information. If a little blonde girl goes missing (and lets be honest, its the little blonde girls who get the attention) 3000 miles away we hear about it a lot. 25 years ago when most of our news came from local sources we didnt hear about as many crimes so it seems like things are much more dangerous today. At least thats one theory and it made sense to me.