• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Malaysian Airline Shot Down in Ukraine

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She flew from London to Tokyo and landed a few hours ago.

Still God damned Ukranians.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like it was Russian backed Ukranian separatist. There is zero doubt this was shot down because the plane wreckage it spread out all over the place instead of concentrated in one area like it would be if it was just a crash.

It could have been the Russians themselves, they have soldiers infiltrated along side the separatists.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking people and journalists on twitter are posting pictures of the bodies scattered about and passports lying around from the flight. dont click on the trend #MH17 I made that mistake. holy crap

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could never pay me enough money to fly overseas

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking people and journalists on twitter are posting pictures of the bodies scattered about and passports lying around from the flight. dont click on the trend #MH17 I made that mistake. holy crap

10502410_10152132728941701_1727604187858191642_n.jpg

:L

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBC TV just showed an image of bodies lying around the wreckage. ugh

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have great tweeps, because I've yet to see any of those pictures in my feed. I did unfollow a few for jokes. Just don't feel like dealing with those. A lot of people died.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter is a desolate wasteland and if it was a physical place I would support condemning it.

Photos of bodies, conspiracy claims that a US jet did it, race and religious wars already...One group I saw is telling people to post as many pictures as they can before they are "censored" so that they can "get to the bottom of it".

*sigh*

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter is a desolate wasteland and if it was a physical place I would support condemning it.

Photos of bodies, conspiracy claims that a US jet did it, race and religious wars already...One group I saw is telling people to post as many pictures as they can before they are "censored" so that they can "get to the bottom of it".

*sigh*

Reddit is worse...they think it's their job to solve mysteries of the world before anyone else censors it.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

*sigh*

There are some situations where the proletariat gaining the means of production makes things better - like music as an example. I don't think the news is one of them though. Too much speculation and too hard to sift through the MOUNTAIN of information that pours on us whenever these things happen.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can actively avoid pretty much anything you want though, that's why that stuff doesn't bug me. Don't follow those accounts, don't click on that hashtag, don't click on that link or visit that website. I'm not saying bury your head in the sand but you can rid yourself of a lot of undue stress simply by tightening up what you choose to expose yourself to.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can actively avoid pretty much anything you want though, that's why that stuff doesn't bug me. Don't follow those accounts, don't click on that hashtag, don't click on that link or visit that website. I'm not saying bury your head in the sand but you can rid yourself of a lot of undue stress simply by tightening up what you choose to expose yourself to.

Yeah, I agree. I'm not on Twitter myself and avoid TV news. However, when the news media is having to report the Tweets as if it were there reporters, now you have a problem. They have standards to uphold (which they aren't doing as good of a job of anymore) and at the same time, they don't want to be beat to the story. So it's all a bit of a clusterfuck.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree. I'm not on Twitter myself and avoid TV news. However, when the news media is having to report the Tweets as if it were there reporters, now you have a problem. They have standards to uphold (which they aren't doing as good of a job of anymore) and at the same time, they don't want to be beat to the story. So it's all a bit of a clusterfuck.

our local news shows actively go after twitter to get story scoops, they dont even send reporters or correspondents out anymore. this fucking world

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some situations where the proletariat gaining the means of production makes things better - like music as an example. I don't think the news is one of them though. Too much speculation and too hard to sift through the MOUNTAIN of information that pours on us whenever these things happen.

Trained (and I use that word loosely) journalists, given press releases and court documents still get about 40% of the facts in any given case I have been involved with completely wrong. Dolts who slap at their keyboards while shouting "I CAN TYPING" don't stand a chance to get it right.

And unfortunately, the importance of getting it right is usurped by the importance of "getting it first".

I believe Don Henley foretold us of this.

I get that, but I actually find it healthy to listen to voices I don't agree with. Otherwise, I get like my brother in law who buries his head in nice comfy news sources that please him and fills his facebook feed with stories about how Hilary personally executed Reagan and Obama eats white children from Alabama or whatever the fuck he's up in arms about this week.

Guess I gotta keep working on finding that balance.

Ah, we're already at the "Blame the pilot" stage? That usually takes a day or two.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cnn reported just a bit ago that the aircraft was in fact within a civilian air corridor, both in elevation, and lat/long. That was reported about an hour ago, so maybe it has since been changed, but it doesn't sound like this aircraft was off course.

This is bad. I pray for those who lost their lives, and their families. And, i pray for all of us. This could lead to something very, very bad. :(