• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking our positional needs in order of importance

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. QB*
2. WR
3. DE/Edge
4. C
5. TE
6. S
7. OT
8. OG
9. DT
10. LB
11. CB
12. P
13. LS
14. K

*This assumes we trade Fields, which in turn ranks QB as our top priority. If he's not traded, then QB slots down to #11, with the other 10 bumping up.

Normally I'd have the trenches generally ranked higher, but aside from center and a need for another QB chasing DE/Edge, I'm thinking more in terms of depth for the two lines. We'll be needing some additional talent at TE, as unlikely the Bears will be retaining neither Tonyan nor Lewis. And we could argue that S comes before TE, being it's a given that E-Jax will be cut.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of QB - I don't feel that WR has been our biggest problem. Guys got open this year. Moore was great.

I don't think Mooney's disappearance is his own fault. I don't think Fields is a good enough passer to utilize him properly.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of QB - I don't feel that WR has been our biggest problem. Guys got open this year. Moore was great.

I don't think Mooney's disappearance is his own fault. I don't think Fields is a good enough passer to utilize him properly.
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. I see WR as a huge problem outside of Moore naturally. Unless Mooney agrees to a reduced contract, which I doubt, he's gonna test the market and almost assuredly land somewhere else. Who's left after this - St. Brown? Scott? Jones? Decent filler material these three, maybe even possible 3rd WR at best.

Assuming we don't sign a starter-quality free agent, I'm betting that one of our first two picks will be at this spot. And we can be pretty certain at some point later in the draft another one will be selected.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. I see WR as a huge problem outside of Moore naturally. Unless Mooney agrees to a reduced contract, which I doubt, he's gonna test the market and almost assuredly land somewhere else. Who's left after this - St. Brown? Scott? Jones? Decent filler material these three, maybe even possible 3rd WR at best.

Assuming we don't sign a starter-quality free agent, I'm betting that one of our first two picks will be at this spot. And we can be pretty certain at some point later in the draft another one will be selected.

Hell with Mooney....Hello Odunze or Nabers.....

Mooney would look good in KC red......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell with Mooney....Hello Odunze or Nabers.....

Mooney would look good in KC red......
In one sense I do agree with rich's take about Mooney. Can't quite explain why, but for whatever reasons the arrow of his tenure with the Bears has continued to point downward. He's definitely more talented than his stats indicate. I just don't see any type of multi-year extension unless he takes a bath signing one, which I'm sure he won't. And Poles sure as hell isn't going to tag him. So I'm wrting him off and as I mentioned in my response, who does that leave us with? To say we're not hurting at WR is naive at best. Oh and I agree, I can definitely see Mooney thriving in a KC red uniform. Hell, he'd probably thrive in a number of uni's.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem with that list other than the already discussed to death from all sides... keep jf and don't draft a qb1, keep fields AND draft a qb1,