• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Opener is upon us, Predictions at Temple Week 1

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hack is a smart boy I'd say there is a very good chance that he can have his degree by the end of Spring, so don't rule out a Graduate transfer. The difficult part will be finding a major not offered by Penn State. I am 100% positive he will not be at PSU next year, whether to the draft of grad transfer is up in the air.

As far as anyone getting fired before the end of the season? Don't count on it. Unfortunately it is a dangerous precedent to set mking fans think they had their say on the matter and make future coaches nervous. Best case is we shift some roles around on the coaching staff and fire after the season.

I still want to know what was up with them measuring out football air pressure and Franklin throwing a stink about it.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying this from day 1 of his hiring. We know he can recruit but we don't know if he can coach. The o-line has not improved and Hack is going to get killed.

Brock Huard all but said the Penn State coaching was moronic while broadcasting the game. I wonder the same thing Ritz. When Vanderlinden was HC at MD they were terrible. Fridge came in and he won 10 games or more the first three years with the talent that had been recruited. Fridge never approached that level again once he had to rely on his own recruits. Is this the same situation with Franklin? As you know Franklin was named coach in waiting at MD until the new AD came in.

They looked like a HS team running that Jet option over and over. It's a good play to run once or twice but as a feature play it sucks. Another thing that scares me is the OL. Penn State might have young inexperienced players but FBS schools play ranked D1 schools and don't look that bad. You can have all the talent in the world but if you can't coach them you have nothing. Unless they can fix this fast it is going to ugly.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to dog Matt Rhule. I don't know if any of you have been to Temple. Their facilities are almost archaic. My nephew was up there for a prospect camp a couple of years ago. Matt is doing a good job there.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas after a bad loss demoted some coaches and promoted others to change what isn't working. What does Franklin do.... he seriously buries the game tape and says we aren't looking back at the past. Yeah that's how you learn from your mistakes. :L

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grad transfer is unlikely cause he's only a junior. He'd have to play at PSU this year, next year, then graduate and play somewhere in 2017. Very unlikely he'd wait that long. Personally I think he's gone after this year, why would he stuck around with this staff after a highly unproductive year and what looks like could be the beginning of another last night? Even if he has a bad year this year I'd still bet he goes in the first round. Regardless of what happened yesterday or last season, Hack has physical tools others just don't have. That coupled with some of the good game tape he has, plus the importance of finding a QB in today's NFL leads me to believe he'd still be selected early. I'm really afraid that he's going to have another mediocre year and then jump to NFL next year and be great and then have people asking questions like "what happened at Penn state? Why wasn't he this good there?" I think that would be a bad look for the program. Obviously not crushing, but don't want to be known as a school that underachieved with great talent.

Cant do that, he would've had to redshirt his freshman year. Before the season I thought there was a 50/50 chance he would return next season. Now I am 100% sure he is going to bail, and how can you blame him.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hack is a smart boy I'd say there is a very good chance that he can have his degree by the end of Spring, so don't rule out a Graduate transfer. The difficult part will be finding a major not offered by Penn State. I am 100% positive he will not be at PSU next year, whether to the draft of grad transfer is up in the air.

As far as anyone getting fired before the end of the season? Don't count on it. Unfortunately it is a dangerous precedent to set mking fans think they had their say on the matter and make future coaches nervous. Best case is we shift some roles around on the coaching staff and fire after the season.

I still want to know what was up with them measuring out football air pressure and Franklin throwing a stink about it.

No way hack does a grad transfer, he's gong pro. He'll light up the combine with his size and skill set.

It also won't be the worst thing that could happen to be honest. I love Hack, but he needs an OL or he's innaffective. He's a statue like Marino and is fine when he has time, but doesn't move up or slide in pocket. McSorely is actually a better fit for what we have now. All that said, I think Palmer either picks up the pace or they shuffle Mangiro to RT, Nelson to LT and Laurent to C. Palmer is the only starting OL to grade out poorly Saturday