• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Opener is upon us, Predictions at Temple Week 1

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got 31-9 PSU

Hack comes out slinging, Godwin and Gesecki with big games, D is what we expect with the talent back along with Shoop calling the game.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got
PSU 24
TEM 17

3riverbabe

32 flavors & then some
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU 24 TEM 14. I won't get to watch the game...not on TV here. GO Nittany Lions!

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a little worried hearing LB Kline didn't make the trip and now starter CB Haley is out today due to injury.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer is getting beat badly. He is getting pushed around and looks lost at times. Hack needs to get the ball out sooner because of Palmer. Some throws were a little off but some were drops by receivers. Stay strong defense we need you. As I type this they recover a fumble but we also lost Wartman which is huge.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Bell has been dominate so far.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhhhh....

:/

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 sacks so far and the last one they only brought 2 guys. NOOOO way should 2 players beat 5 of our offensive line. This offense has not improved from last year.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be a loooong year for PSU.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if this guy recruits Jim Brown. This offensive coaching is less than good HS level.

Losing to MD and Temple when did that last happen? Pitiful.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more and they are on a pace for 100 sacks this year.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan needs to go. The playcalling from that game was absolutely baffling, we looked like a high school offense. Still have yet to see a game with Donovan calling plays that Hack looks comfortable in the pocket. Offensive line is still terrible. Not calling for Franklin's head yet, but this is obviously unacceptable. I think defense will be fine if they're not playing with their backs against the wall the entire game, though losing Nyeem does hurt. But Donovan has really got to go, I don't want to say he's ruined Hack, but the skills have not eroded from his freshman season when he was dynamite. I saw NFL scout Matt Miller say that Franklin's staff have not done Hack any favors building the offense around his skills and limitations on the o line. I personally agree with him, Hack has an absolute cannon but for that entire game yesterday I don't think I was a throw made that went over 20 yards in the air, that's inexcuseable. Really hoping Hack has a good year, but I could see him being held back by stupid play calling and bad protection this year and then going to the NFL and really blossoming. Tough loss, but it's only one game, need to jump back on the horse next week.

/endrant

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if this guy recruits Jim Brown. This offensive coaching is less than good HS level.

Losing to MD and Temple when did that last happen? Pitiful.

I've been saying this from day 1 of his hiring. We know he can recruit but we don't know if he can coach. The o-line has not improved and Hack is going to get killed.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2007 Temple averaged 6.7 sacks allowed per game (worst in FBS since 2003)... We are on track to beat that average by a wide margin.

Donovan and frankly the entire offensive staff needs to go. They have had two full off-seasons to come up with a game plan that will work with what players they have. Clearly they are incapable of making the adjustments necessary to make it work with what they have and are hoping to make it long enough to see the players recruited that fit their pre-existing system. I don't want to wait 2-3 more years watching this crap offense while the kids they recruit mature enough to play the roles needed for this system.

I thought we were making some progress offensively towards the end of the season last year when we started seeing rollouts with Hackenburg that bought him some time to deal with the onslaught of defenders coming at him. I don't recall seeing any designed rollout all game, just a ton of plays from the same formation using the same motion and the same three guys getting the ball... the running back, the receiver in motion, or an attempted screen pass...

EDIT: If Hack does crappy enough, I will not be shocked at all if he opts to use a Graduate Transfer to play elsewhere immediately to boost his draft stock. I think he'll go to the draft no matter what his stock is though at this point.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what's even worse. We gave up 10 sacks and Temple's best pass rusher Praise Martin-Oguike didn't play (I believe) so it could have been a even longer day for our offense. I am still sick thinking about the play were we allowed a sack to only 2 players. I will always root for the Blue & White but something needs to change and its the offense coaches. Imagine if we could field a decent not great offense with our defense. Wow we could be dangerous.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2007 Temple averaged 6.7 sacks allowed per game (worst in FBS since 2003)... We are on track to beat that average by a wide margin.

Donovan and frankly the entire offensive staff needs to go. They have had two full off-seasons to come up with a game plan that will work with what players they have. Clearly they are incapable of making the adjustments necessary to make it work with what they have and are hoping to make it long enough to see the players recruited that fit their pre-existing system. I don't want to wait 2-3 more years watching this crap offense while the kids they recruit mature enough to play the roles needed for this system.

I thought we were making some progress offensively towards the end of the season last year when we started seeing rollouts with Hackenburg that bought him some time to deal with the onslaught of defenders coming at him. I don't recall seeing any designed rollout all game, just a ton of plays from the same formation using the same motion and the same three guys getting the ball... the running back, the receiver in motion, or an attempted screen pass...

EDIT: If Hack does crappy enough, I will not be shocked at all if he opts to use a Graduate Transfer to play elsewhere immediately to boost his draft stock. I think he'll go to the draft no matter what his stock is though at this point.

Grad transfer is unlikely cause he's only a junior. He'd have to play at PSU this year, next year, then graduate and play somewhere in 2017. Very unlikely he'd wait that long. Personally I think he's gone after this year, why would he stuck around with this staff after a highly unproductive year and what looks like could be the beginning of another last night? Even if he has a bad year this year I'd still bet he goes in the first round. Regardless of what happened yesterday or last season, Hack has physical tools others just don't have. That coupled with some of the good game tape he has, plus the importance of finding a QB in today's NFL leads me to believe he'd still be selected early. I'm really afraid that he's going to have another mediocre year and then jump to NFL next year and be great and then have people asking questions like "what happened at Penn state? Why wasn't he this good there?" I think that would be a bad look for the program. Obviously not crushing, but don't want to be known as a school that underachieved with great talent.

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conspiracy theory. What if he is doing bad intentionally to lower his stock and ensure rejoining BOB....

Just kidding. He will be gone end of year but truthfully I think Temple will end up as a better team and this will be like UCF. I am still excited for the season. I think Franklin will have Donovan on a short leash and I would expect a more spread offense.

While the game had me screaming and yelling at the play call one play they showed had me livid. The play where they showed the receivers getting no separation. I truthfully don't blame the receivers because they had 3 receivers all sitting within 5 yards of each other. We have a dynamic receiver core and killed ourselves. To boot when Hack was getting beat up they never had the TE as a safety valve. Gesicki is a huge dude.

These should be easy changes honestly and the excuse that the O line didn't allow them to run many plays is a cop out. I'm sorry but when you don't throw the ball over 20 yards that allows them to stack the box. Not to say that the Oline is great but I think the play calling is what really did them in. Just a few things I noticed, but honestly I know I am forgetting things. My brain is having me repress most of yesterday

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances Donovan actually gets fired? I can't do a season of this