• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H-U-L-L

/They need to switch to the wide angle camera lens to get father and son in that shot.

K-E-O-N

I am still pissed at NBC for rarely showing the full commercial showing the greatest Leaf of all time.

Last time they did, I stopped it, and rewound it about 10 times until my wife said "who is that old guy?" and I said "the only Toronto Maple Leaf player still alive who won a Cup".

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you ready for some Henry? Because he's gonna actually say/do something pretty soon! :pound:
I hear he is good at math. Henry? Yeah, who knew? Paige I can understand. But Henry?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K-E-O-N

I am still pissed at NBC for rarely showing the full commercial showing the greatest Leaf of all time.

Last time they did, I stopped it, and rewound it about 10 times until my wife said "who is that old guy?" and I said "the only Toronto Maple Leaf player still alive who won a Cup".

I'm still hoping for an updated version of this commercial where Messier does the following:

H-E-Y C-O-N-N-O-R

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear he is good at math. Henry? Yeah, who knew? Paige I can understand. But Henry?

I'm so attached to Henry now. Math genius totally misunderstood and underestimated by a family that doesn't really know how to encourage that type of thing and better understands their emotional and dramatic daughter? Don't worry Henry, I get it. Just keep doing you and kicking ass. They'll come around some day.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He also has a touching moment with Mail Robot. It's the highlight of the season.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I left the show behind a few seasons ago they were about to try and get the daughter on Team Soviet.

Guess they rolled with that one huh?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still hoping for an updated version of this commercial where Messier does the following:

H-E-Y C-O-N-N-O-R

Do you think that they told Gretz and Yzerman to say "zed" or do they still use it?

I suppose it's not the same as something like "soda" and "pop" where it's a word you might say semi-frequently. We're rarely called on to spell things in our day-to-day, and if we are they're probably not words that contain "Z" anyway.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I left the show behind a few seasons ago they were about to try and get the daughter on Team Soviet.

I highly recommend picking it back up. It's a slow burn, but you know this already. It's so worth it though.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think that they told Gretz and Yzerman to say "zed" or do they still use it?

I think they told them to use it, I mean, I interchange the use of 'zed' and 'zee', but 'zee' definitely rolls off the tongue easier (I consciously have to think to use 'zed').

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they're remaining patient with Arizona. Got to think that patience will run out soon. Lots of cities out there that could take a NHL team and make it work.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they told them to use it, I mean, I interchange the use of 'zed' and 'zee', but 'zee' definitely rolls off the tongue easier (I consciously have to think to use 'zed').
I'm the exact opposite - I struggle to say 'zee'. Unless I'm speaking in a faux German accent. Which I do often, because it's hilarious.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting idea I saw out yonder re: Ovie - Anaheim? Need to move bodies, Caps are probably losing Orlov and Alzner, Ducks have D to deal, are as all-in as can be at this point...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I highly recommend picking it back up. It's a slow burn, but you know this already. It's so worth it though.

Its really good and I highly recommend it. For some reason I am never really excited about watching it and we always end up falling behind. Then when we do finish other things and catch up on The Americans I wonder why we waited.

Are there any more underage girls dancing to Yazoo songs?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really good and I highly recommend it. For some reason I am never really excited about watching it and we always end up falling behind. Then when we do finish other things and catch up on The Americans I wonder why we waited.

Are there any more underage girls dancing to Yazoo songs?

For some people I suspect it's actually better to watch it that way. The slow burn can be frustrating sometimes, and binging rolls it all together so you're not waiting a month or more for the payoff on something. I can't find out if I'd like it more doing it that way though because it's gotten to me in such a way that I can't miss it when it's on. I've cut into multiple playoff games this year to watch it.

Kimmy is still around. I don't know if she's gonna dance again, but I've gotta think she's gonna matter at some point. She might be the slowest burn on the entire show.

"Dyatkovo" is the tearjerker episode this season. Tore me apart.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I'm no world class athlete (or am I?) but what do you get out of kicking the crap out of lesser competition? I understand love of your country and all that nonsense but seriously? It's like me celebrating after defeating my 3 year old nephew in Connect 4. But, don't let me stop you Russian players, you show South Korea and Canada's F team how badass you are.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I'm no world class athlete (or am I?) but what do you get out of kicking the crap out of lesser competition? I understand love of your country and all that nonsense but seriously? It's like me celebrating after defeating my 3 year old nephew in Connect 4. But, don't let me stop you Russian players, you show South Korea and Canada's F team how badass you are.

HEY!!! DONT KNOCK IT UNTIL YOUVE TRIED IT!

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.