• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oilers Trade Perron to Pens for 2015 1st

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please and thank you.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Klinkhammer. That was just said to. Full deal, according to reports out of EDM:

Perron to PIT
Klinkhammer, 2015 1st to EDM

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Happy New Year to David Perron. He must feel like he just got paroled.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Perron scores shootout winner against LA and adds two assists against Calgary. He's traded away a couple of days later. Coincidence?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perron will slot in nicely in the Pens' top six. Good trade.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Penguins asked about David Perron back in November and the Oilers wanted Brandon Sutter. A couple of months later they get the Pens 2015 ist round pick and Klinkhammer. I think actually both teams did pretty good considering Perron still has a year remaining after this one on his contract. Also, we know the Oilers will screw up the pick they received from the Pens :D

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Penguins asked about David Perron back in November and the Oilers wanted Brandon Sutter. A couple of months later they get the Pens 2015 ist round pick and Klinkhammer. I think actually both teams did pretty good considering Perron still has a year remaining after this one on his contract. Also, we know the Oilers will screw up the pick they received from the Pens :D

Yeah, the extra year is what really made this worthwhile for the Pens, I think. If not for that, there's no way they send a first the other way.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if he was on a contract year there is no way a first would go back but with the extra year I am curious what the cap situation will be next year? I wonder if Dupuis might actually be done?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DownGoesBrown: (David Perron sprints through airport.)

"Sir, your gate is that way..."

(Perron crashes through wall, sprints all the way to Pittsburgh.)

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2dhw4s7.jpg

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if he was on a contract year there is no way a first would go back but with the extra year I am curious what the cap situation will be next year? I wonder if Dupuis might actually be done?

Perron's deal isn't that pricey. Just over $3M. There are some moving pieces in the offseason though. LOTS of cheap 1 year deals on the books.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perron's deal isn't that pricey. Just over $3M. There are some moving pieces in the offseason though. LOTS of cheap 1 year deals on the books.

Actually it is higher than Dupuis at 3.8 per year. And most of those are around right now because of the LTIR space. Yeah they will be fine but it will be close with the hope most of the younger players pan out.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it is higher than Dupuis at 3.8 per year. And most of those are around right now because of the LTIR space. Yeah they will be fine but it will be close with the hope most of the younger players pan out.

Saving money on D is going to be the saving grace for the Pens cap situation. Next year they'll probably have: Despres, Maatta, Pouliot, Harrington, all on the cheap, with Borts and Dumolin RFAs. Then Letang, Scuds on the books, Ehrhoff, Martin UFAs (Martin is gone, wouldn't be surprised if traded). Perron's deal is done after 2015/16, so they mesh well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Martin will be on the move prior to the draft to open a spot for one of the young guys, especially if we extend Ehrhoff. Scuderi is playing back to usefulness as well, and could be dealt in a minor deal to free up cap space and another roster spot for a young defenseman. I presume an Ehrhoff extension would have to be for something similar to Martin money if we do that, though. In any case, moving Martin and extending Ehrhoff at that money would basically cover Perron's contract, even if Dupuis returns.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Perron took his lumps in Edmonton, now he hopes to avoid the mumps in Pittsburgh.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Martin will be on the move prior to the draft to open a spot for one of the young guys, especially if we extend Ehrhoff. Scuderi is playing back to usefulness as well, and could be dealt in a minor deal to free up cap space and another roster spot for a young defenseman. I presume an Ehrhoff extension would have to be for something similar to Martin money if we do that, though. In any case, moving Martin and extending Ehrhoff at that money would basically cover Perron's contract, even if Dupuis returns.

Martin is an interesting situation. Pretty much everyone around the team has said that he will test the market this coming offseason. So there's two options: move him for assets, keep him and he walks for nothing. Pros and cons to both. I don't know that the benefit to trading him will outweigh losing him on the ice. Yes the Pens have depth and talent on D that allows it, but what's the return? The guy has a NMC and is on an expiring contract. Where are you sending him that you get something nice in return? It'd probably have to be a contender, and those trades only complicate over time. He won't go to super bad teams likely and those teams probably won't want him anyway. So, keep him and trade signing rights? Even still, the value isn't high because it's known he wants to go to the market.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Oil will take Vladdy Hockey with the Pens 1st round pick? Dare to dream.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin is an interesting situation. Pretty much everyone around the team has said that he will test the market this coming offseason. So there's two options: move him for assets, keep him and he walks for nothing. Pros and cons to both. I don't know that the benefit to trading him will outweigh losing him on the ice. Yes the Pens have depth and talent on D that allows it, but what's the return? The guy has a NMC and is on an expiring contract. Where are you sending him that you get something nice in return? It'd probably have to be a contender, and those trades only complicate over time. He won't go to super bad teams likely and those teams probably won't want him anyway. So, keep him and trade signing rights? Even still, the value isn't high because it's known he wants to go to the market.

I think the Kings would probably be a good trade partner because they really need a d-man imo and when you look at their cap situation, being a rental might be a good situation for them