• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Lakers, you desperate enough to trade for Brogdon this summer?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ and his $47 million salary for next year is off limits. Sorry.

Trade for Brogdon and make Russ your sixth man. Otherwise, enjoy being .500 for the rest of LeBron’s tenure.

You think Brogdon is going to sway that dramatically despite how badly you want him gone?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ and his $47 million salary for next year is off limits. Sorry.

Trade for Brogdon and make Russ your sixth man. Otherwise, enjoy being .500 for the rest of LeBron’s tenure.

Russ is expiring next year

Get the picks and move on

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

hey--- tanking has its benefits!!!

Indiana hasnt drafted in the top 10 in like forever.

Their picks...Halliburton, Duarte,

can still trade Hield, Brogdon.......

its not going to be some 7 year rebuild like the Lakers had or a infinite rebuild like the Kings. or perpetual submediocrity like the Wiz.

Getting Halliburton was a coup.

To get where? Striving to avoid the play in series? Maybe someday getting 1st round home court? When the Pacers become truly relevant to title discussions, then you can talk about some other team's rebuild time.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Brogdon is going to sway that dramatically despite how badly you want him gone?
Injuries or not, getting Brogdon without giving up that 2027 pick is a fucking steal, dude. Take the deal and step out of your fantasy world. No other team is going to allow you to have a bigger star for such little compensation.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ is expiring next year

Get the picks and move on
What picks? Other than 2027 the Lakers got nothing…

That Westbrook contract is almost unmatchable and I’m not willing to throw in Turner or Hield to make it work.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was his.

Tony Snell is terrible.
This board’s obsession with bucky is still quite strong I see in spite of him no longer posting here…

All jokes aside, Tony Snell has a chance to be a solid role player in the stretch run for the Pels.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

hey--- tanking has its benefits!!!

Indiana hasnt drafted in the top 10 in like forever.

Their picks...Halliburton, Duarte,

can still trade Hield, Brogdon.......

its not going to be some 7 year rebuild like the Lakers had or a infinite rebuild like the Kings. or perpetual submediocrity like the Wiz.

Getting Halliburton was a coup.
But it hasn’t worked for them so I would advise Indiana to tank. Unlikely though right now, their roster fully healthy is still pretty good but they are in lala land like usual. Not good enough to tank but not true competitors. For once Indiana needs to tank. Hell of a trade as a start, they need a top 3 this year though. This class seems pretty weak but they are in a good spot now at #5, gonna need a bit of luck though

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it hasn’t worked for them so I would advise Indiana to tank. Unlikely though right now, their roster fully healthy is still pretty good but they are in lala land like usual. Not good enough to tank but not true competitors. For once Indiana needs to tank. Hell of a trade as a start, they need a top 3 this year though. This class seems pretty weak but they are in a good spot now at #5, gonna need a bit of luck though

Depending on if sharpe comes out I feel ok about her the top 7/8. After that it is a total crapshoot

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What picks? Other than 2027 the Lakers got nothing…

That Westbrook contract is almost unmatchable and I’m not willing to throw in Turner or Hield to make it work.

...which is why this thread is a farce. Why would the Lakers trade for Brogdon without moving Westbrook? As is always the case with Lebron teams (and AD), 3&D players that can switch defensively need to be the first priority. Having 2 expensive PGs that don't fit that bill is pointless.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...which is why this thread is a farce. Why would the Lakers trade for Brogdon without moving Westbrook? As is always the case with Lebron teams (and AD), 3&D players that can switch defensively need to be the first priority. Having 2 expensive PGs that don't fit that bill is pointless.
Because it’s the best offer you’re ever going to get given your complete lack of roster flexibility. I know Lakers fans will tend to look at Brogdon’s three years and lazily assume he’ll hinder them from adding another star. But, LeBron will be 38 at the youngest by the time you’ll legitimately compete for titles again, and time is not on your side.

If you legitimately believe the combo of Nunn, THT, and Stanley Johnson is a better fit for a LeBron team than Brogdon would be, then please for God’s sake pass over whatever it is you’re smoking.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the Pacers have had their firesale, this guy does nothing but hurt us moving forward assuming he could ever get healthy (i.e. by taking opportunities away from Haliburton).

Obviously Nunn and THT would be trade starters, and Pritchard would surely ask for your 2027 first rounder, but I personally would gladly accept Stanley Johnson and a second rounder in lieu of that pick.

I would almost be willing to pull a Dallas/Porzingis and take what I could get for this guy, because frankly I don’t see what market there’s going to be on such an injury-prone player at a deep position with three years left on his contract. I’d argue that Porzingis is a much better player than Brogdon as it is.
The Lakers first need to deal with the problem of Westbrook and Lebron and unless they figure that out - there is no point in going deeper into a hole and mortgaging their future for one small trade. No disrespect to the guy you are suggesting, but the Lakers need to blow this team up completely and commit to an entire new rebuild - Lebron is older than the hills, Westbrook is a bum and Davis is a fragile weenie

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it’s the best offer you’re ever going to get given your complete lack of roster flexibility. I know Lakers fans will tend to look at Brogdon’s three years and lazily assume he’ll hinder them from adding another star. But, LeBron will be 38 at the youngest by the time you’ll legitimately compete for titles again, and time is not on your side.

If you legitimately believe the combo of Nunn, THT, and Stanley Johnson is a better fit for a LeBron team than Brogdon would be, then please for God’s sake pass over whatever it is you’re smoking.

It's hilarious that you speak ill of Brogdon's injury issues for your team, but assume that the Lakers will eagerly eat up that contract for an injury prone player when they already have their own injury issues while giving up the only youth on their team to do so.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers are basically screwed next year unless Westbrook turns things around dramatically or Lebron finds the fountain of youth.

But for the 23-24 season they will have cleared the books of Westbrook and probably Lebron and will start to have draft picks again. Trading their limited younger assets to get a guy who can't stay healthy doesn't much sense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are basically screwed next year unless Westbrook turns things around dramatically or Lebron finds the fountain of youth.

But for the 23-24 season they will have cleared the books of Westbrook and probably Lebron and will start to have draft picks again. Trading their limited younger assets to get a guy who can't stay healthy doesn't much sense.

Exactly. Unless Westbrook feels so bad about how he has played that he's willing to turn down $47 million (not holding my breath lol) or they can unload him in the off-season as an expiring deal,they are going to have to bite the bullet, get through next year and prepare for the following season when they'll have around $100 million coming off the books.

The one hope they have is that Westbrook has historically played better in the 2nd half of the season than the first. If that happens and AD can come back, stay healthyand play well...then they have a shot at actually doing something.

But I'm not holding my breath waiting. lol

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Unless Westbrook feels so bad about how he has played that he's willing to turn down $47 million (not holding my breath lol) or they can unload him in the off-season as an expiring deal,they are going to have to bite the bullet, get through next year and prepare for the following season when they'll have around $100 million coming off the books.

The one hope they have is that Westbrook has historically played better in the 2nd half of the season than the first. If that happens and AD can come back, stay healthyand play well...then they have a shot at actually doing something.

But I'm not holding my breath waiting. lol

You have to hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Moving Westbrook for multiple cheaper contracts is the easiest way to go.

The Knicks still seem like the best fit.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Westbrook is an expiring next year. Why move him just to take on new salary?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mostly because you’d be essentially punting another year with bron and you can move smaller deals with those firsts to get better fits

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would depend on the contracts, imo. If they were better fits and on 1 year deals themselves, then I could see it. Otherwise, just get through next season and hit the FA market hard for '23-'24.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would depend on the contracts, imo. If they were better fits and on 1 year deals themselves, then I could see it. Otherwise, just get through next season and hit the FA market hard for '23-'24.

Yeah. If they could actually improve the roster then sure. But that seems unlikely.