• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Lakers, you desperate enough to trade for Brogdon this summer?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. If they could actually improve the roster then sure. But that seems unlikely.

Better fit but lesser player is a trade off

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hilarious that you speak ill of Brogdon's injury issues for your team, but assume that the Lakers will eagerly eat up that contract for an injury prone player when they already have their own injury issues while giving up the only youth on their team to do so.
THT is the one young player you have with even a modicum of upside. Nunn isn't that young, and Johnson is a role player who is what he is.

Any way you look at, LeBron and Westbrook are untradeable. You've got both guys until 2023. THT is an awful fit next to either player, just awful.

Admittedly, I don't like Brogdon and always thought he was a little overrated since signing with us. But, take the ball out of his hands with a better supporting cast and there's a good chance he becomes less injury-prone, not to mention more efficient than either Westbrook or THT in your backcourt.

I don't know that Lakers fans think they're holding out for by waiting until 2023. Because frankly, I don't think Kevin Pritchard or any other GM is going be as kind to the Lakers as I am being right now...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THT is the one young player you have with even a modicum of upside. Nunn isn't that young, and Johnson is a role player who is what he is.

Any way you look at, LeBron and Westbrook are untradeable. You've got both guys until 2023. THT is an awful fit next to either player, just awful.

Admittedly, I don't like Brogdon and always thought he was a little overrated since signing with us. But, take the ball out of his hands with a better supporting cast and there's a good chance he becomes less injury-prone, not to mention more efficient than either Westbrook or THT in your backcourt.

I don't know that Lakers fans think they're holding out for by waiting until 2023. Because frankly, I don't think Kevin Pritchard or any other GM is going be as kind to the Lakers as I am being right now...
Johnson isnt even a role player? he was a street free agent and a failed lotto pick not long ago!

he is a guy that should be on the deep deep bench trying to learn the game and resurrect his career- instead on some nights he is starting (or getting starters minutes) and is relied on.

THT is a mid-second round pick with some talent- but is young, and is no where near ready to play a significant role for a team with playoff, let alone championship aspirations. When i say "significant role" i just mean being part of the regular rotation--- not even starting and playing real minutes every night.

Nunn is a nobody! Anyone saying- well the Lakers would be better if they had Kendrick Nunn are delusional! What is he really? a 8th or 9th guy? the Heat didnt think he was important- and easily replaced him with other, cheaper options like Strus.

And- i am not sure why you are so down on Brogdon- unless its purely about injury. At this point- with Haliburton, Duarte, Hield- and a rebuild on the way- is Brogdon expendable? Sure- but he is a guy that went for 21-5-6 last year- and is precisely the type of guy the Lakers need.

But- the rub is- if the Lakers want to be players in free agency if they think LeBron is gone- they cant trade for Brogdon. You only trade for Brogdon in the offseason if you are the Lakers if you think one of two things (or both) 1. He can help you compete for a title in LeBron's last year, AND/OR 2. You think LeBron is staying.

otherwise- you cant clog up the cap space.

Even in Cleveland and Miami- the fear of LeBron leaving did not permeate the team and their ability to win- even when it was his LAST year. It seems that fear is permeating the Lakers before he is even in his walk year.

LeBron never missed a Finals in Cleveland Miami- despite all of the nonsense and dread and media questions that go with him playing in a contract year.

all his other stops the front office has been able to give him enough to at least be scary in the posteason- and in fact- make the Finals.

This isnt even LeBron's last year in LA and right now they look like the 9th best team in the conference. This is UNHEARD of.

I cannot even imagine what hte media would be saying if LeBron was 9th in the conference and getting booed on his home floor OVER a year before his contract is set to expire.

Its a total failure of leadership by the Lakers. The ownership and front office has done what seemed impossible- make the team that LeBron James plays for a non-factor.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson isnt even a role player? he was a street free agent and a failed lotto pick not long ago!

he is a guy that should be on the deep deep bench trying to learn the game and resurrect his career- instead on some nights he is starting (or getting starters minutes) and is relied on.

THT is a mid-second round pick with some talent- but is young, and is no where near ready to play a significant role for a team with playoff, let alone championship aspirations. When i say "significant role" i just mean being part of the regular rotation--- not even starting and playing real minutes every night.

Nunn is a nobody! Anyone saying- well the Lakers would be better if they had Kendrick Nunn are delusional! What is he really? a 8th or 9th guy? the Heat didnt think he was important- and easily replaced him with other, cheaper options like Strus.

And- i am not sure why you are so down on Brogdon- unless its purely about injury. At this point- with Haliburton, Duarte, Hield- and a rebuild on the way- is Brogdon expendable? Sure- but he is a guy that went for 21-5-6 last year- and is precisely the type of guy the Lakers need.

But- the rub is- if the Lakers want to be players in free agency if they think LeBron is gone- they cant trade for Brogdon. You only trade for Brogdon in the offseason if you are the Lakers if you think one of two things (or both) 1. He can help you compete for a title in LeBron's last year, AND/OR 2. You think LeBron is staying.

Even in Cleveland and Miami- the fear of LeBron leaving did not permeate the team and their ability to win- even when it was his LAST year. It seems that fear is permeating the Lakers before he is even in his walk year.

LeBron never missed a Finals in Cleveland Miami- despite all of the nonsense and dread and media questions that go with him playing in a contract year.

all his other stops the front office has been able to give him enough to at least be scary in the posteason- and in fact- make the Finals.

This isnt even LeBron's last year in LA and right now they look like the 9th best team in the conference. This is UNHEARD of.

I cannot even imagine what hte media would be saying if LeBron was 9th in the conference and getting booed on his home floor OVER a year before his contract is set to expire.

Its a total failure of leadership by the Lakers. The ownership and front office has done what seemed impossible- make the team that LeBron James plays for a non-factor.
Brogdon got to go… Plain and simple. Haliburton is the man for the Pacers now. Any minute you play Brogdon you are hindering your tank/rebuild as well as your opportunities for Haliburton, like tonight against Boston.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Turner or Hield is moved at next year’s deadline…

Don’t know who the Lakers think they’re getting with cap space in the event LeBron leaves. As with every other team he’s been on, he IS the attraction. Anthony Davis in no way shape or form is a Laker without LeBron. Worst case scenario you’d have Brogdon as a trade asset with two years left and a cupboard not completely devoid of value.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It really shows how great those Miami and Cleveland FO's were to make it work for 4 years and even though CLE didn't get the talent in Lebron's first stint they were able to compete a very high level. A little different circumstance with Lebron aging but he is still playing a high level so no excuses. Even though Cleveland + Miami made some mistakes they were able to pull through and quickly turn their Lebron-less teams into championship or at least rebuilding teams built for the future. Remarkable. We will see what happens for the Lakers post-Lebron but it doesn't look pretty at this point.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brogdon got to go… Plain and simple. Haliburton is the man for the Pacers now. Any minute you play Brogdon you are hindering your tank/rebuild as well as your opportunities for Haliburton, like tonight against Boston.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Turner or Hield is moved at next year’s deadline…

Don’t know who the Lakers think they’re getting with cap space in the event LeBron leaves. As with every other team he’s been on, he IS the attraction. Anthony Davis in no way shape or form is a Laker without LeBron. Worst case scenario you’d have Brogdon as a trade asset with two years left and a cupboard not completely devoid of value.
They have a ton of money at the guard position. Hield is expendable. It's too bad he doesn't have an expiring contract next season but either way his salary is nice to put in a package. Duarte and Haliburton are the future and Indiana had to make that trade even though they are clogged up at the guard position. I still think if Brogdon finishes out strong he has pretty good value but if they can make it work with Haliburton, Duarte and Brogdon at the 1-2-3 that is really nice for now. Duarte is 6'6" kinda lacky and Brogdon is a physical bully, both can guard the 3 at times, right? I think they can make it work but Hield is the guy that doesn't fit imo. I mean if you can move both great for a big man....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little different circumstance with Lebron aging but he is still playing a high level so no excuses.

lol

Sure there are. Lebron can still play at an MVP level. But he can't raise his play above that level and drag poor fitting, average rosters to deep playoff runs anymore and his health is becoming suspect.

Even though Cleveland + Miami made some mistakes they were able to pull through and quickly turn their Lebron-less teams into championship or at least rebuilding teams built for the future. Remarkable. We will see what happens for the Lakers post-Lebron but it doesn't look pretty at this point.

Going into 2023, the Lakers are looking at having around $100 million coming off the books. That likely puts them in a little better position (at least cap wise) than the Cavs or Heat.

And to fair to the Heat, if Bosh doesn't have his clotting issues, they would have been good enough to see the Cavs in the ECF.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They don't need another GM to help them in 2023. They just need to draw in free agents. The list in 2023 could serve well to fill out the roster. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lebron re-up on a 1+1 deal though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Sure there are. Lebron can still play at an MVP level. But he can't raise his play above that level and drag poor fitting, average rosters to deep playoff runs anymore and his health is becoming suspect.

Going into 2023, the Lakers are looking at having around $100 million coming off the books. That likely puts them in a little better position (at least cap wise) than the Cavs or Heat.

And to fair to the Heat, if Bosh doesn't have his clotting issues, they would have been good enough to see the Cavs in the ECF.
Of course he can’t but with AD hurt this is easily the worst roster he’s been since early in his first stint in CLE.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need another GM to help them in 2023. They just need to draw in free agents. The list in 2023 could serve well to fill out the roster. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lebron re-up on a 1+1 deal though.

That's my guess. If Lebron is still wanting to play and still playing at a high level, I expect that they will re-sign him and use the money freed up from Westbrook's expiring contract and few smaller 1 year deals to fill in the rest of the roster...hopefully with significantly less input from Lebron and Klutch.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he can’t but with AD hurt this is easily the worst roster he’s been since early in his first stint in CLE.

And it's the roster he wanted and he's having to deal with it now instead of bailing like he always has.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's the roster he wanted and he's having to deal with it now instead of bailing like he always has.

If the Lakers had a viable option to move Westbrook at the deadline, I still think Pelinka would've done it. However, trading him AND that 2017 first for Wall (who hasn't played all year and has many of the same limitations as Russ) is really a viable option. If straight up, it could've happened and would've been acceptable if only to clear that cloud hanging over the season.

Watching the team last night (for as long as I could stomach it), for whatever reason they don't bring effort consistently. I'm not sure firing the coach will fix that, given some of the egos involved, but it has come to that point. The front office needs to make a statement somehow. Benching Russ is the second (or parallel) move...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers had a viable option to move Westbrook at the deadline, I still think Pelinka would've done it. However, trading him AND that 2017 first for Wall (who hasn't played all year and has many of the same limitations as Russ) is really a viable option. If straight up, it could've happened and would've been acceptable if only to clear that cloud hanging over the season.

Agree. The Lakers didn't want to keep Westbrook (they didn't want hgim in the first place), but to trade him for a worse version and attach that 2027 first rounder to it would have been pants on head stupid.

Plus, seems like Wall is always hurt. At least, for better or worse, Westbrook stays healthy.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. The Lakers didn't want to keep Westbrook (they didn't want hgim in the first place), but to trade him for a worse version and attach that 2027 first rounder to it would have been pants on head stupid.

Plus, seems like Wall is always hurt. At least, for better or worse, Westbrook stays healthy.

If he keeps playing like this, he'll be a healthy scratch. His new nickname should be DNP-CD.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably should have taken the deal...

Instead Brogdon is a key contributor on a Boston team with the league's best record. But nevertheless, Pacers fans everywhere thank you for turning it down.

Hope you're happy with Bev instead. :noidea:

'Cause he horseshit

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Instead Brogdon is a key contributor on a Boston team with the league's best record. But nevertheless, Pacers fans everywhere thank you for turning it down.

'Cause he horseshit

Guess that makes you the Pat Bev of posters.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

'Cause he horseshit

Your "gotcha" posts are always amusing to read!

It just screams 'desperation'.

Especially when you try to resurrect a thread that nobody has touched in almost 11 months.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your "gotcha" posts are always amusing to read!

It just screams 'desperation'.

Especially when you try to resurrect a thread that nobody has touched in almost 11 months.

A Pacers fan trying to talk some trash. Always a good laugh. Remember his built not bought bullshit that was completely false? The Pacers didn't draft Brogdon or Sabonis.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Pacers fan trying to talk some trash. Always a good laugh. Remember his built not bought bullshit that was completely false? The Pacers didn't draft Brogdon or Sabonis.

Oh he'll just claim he's a Nuggets fan too and they're top of the West and blah blah blah.....