• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Ohio state vs Alabama

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Devonta Smith post game interview. He looks like a 13 year old. He's football's answer to Stephen Curry.

Locke888

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Bama. Amazing offense. I’d like to say losing our 2 defensive linemen and our star RB made a big difference but I don’t think it would have mattered. Devonta Smith= superstar.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Bama. Amazing offense. I’d like to say losing our 2 defensive linemen and our star RB made a big difference but I don’t think it would have mattered. Devonta Smith= superstar.

Yeah, they couldn't stop him until they hurt him. He would've had 300 yards receiving at least.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 SEC wins, win over ND, and win over Ohio State. Not a bad resume, probably best ever.
Best offense ever is possible.

95 Nebraska won every game by 14+, so they are GOAT IMO. I do think given the offenses today, the rules that handicap defenses, and the fact you have to win a CCG plus 2 CFP games, it’s exceedingly hard to avoid having a close game at some point in the CFP era.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one ugly beatdown.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Bama fans.
Props to tOSU for pushing the B1G to make their season happen. They will catch crap for last night’s result, but Day and the staff and players accomplished a lot under difficult circumstances.

I always have and always will respect your team and fans. Classy bunch!

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time one team had the best QB, RB & WR? Bama's offense was just loaded this year.
It was a pleasure to watch them for sure.

I do believe the OL was a major reason for the offensive dominance. Probably the best OL under Saban, and I never thought another unit could top the 12 OL.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama far and away the best team this year. Any arguments about which teams belonged in the CFP should be put to rest.
Alabama beat down A & M, then Notre Dame (which split with Clemson), then Ohio State (which beat Clemson). Of the three ND came the closest and yet they were the team some said should not be there. From the results of the other bowls , the teams in the CPF were the correct picks.
A& M won neither its division nor conference.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to tOSU for pushing the B1G to make their season happen. They will catch crap for last night’s result, but Day and the staff and players accomplished a lot under difficult circumstances.

I always have and always will respect your team and fans. Classy bunch!

Said multiple times leading up to the game Ohio State was in trouble. I hate it when I'm right.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a pleasure to watch them for sure.

I do believe the OL was a major reason for the offensive dominance. Probably the best OL under Saban, and I never thought another unit could top the 12 OL.
Team with a dominate offensive line, whether for a game or a season, usually ends up with the best offensive statistics. Neither Lawrence, Trask, Jones, Fields and Book end with the same stats behind a below or even above average line. Harris and Etienne rush for their yardage if they are getting hit at the time of the handoff, and Smith, Waddle and all the rest never get their stats if the QB in on the ground or running for life.
Smith is the only one who would seem to be able to save a QB who was being chased all the time.

Years ago when coaching at much (much, much) lower level, I used a scheme against the any receiver who was dominate. It was a take off on the box and one in basketball. We played zone but with man to man on the receiver. That meant that the receiver had to beat the man coverage, which was not hard, but as he did he ran into the zone coverage. With complicated defenses in college that may not have worked , but what everyone was trying did not work either.