• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State - the worst over signing school of all?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually michigan won 10 games last year. Also, was Notre Dame not a top team? I seem to remember them being top 10 entering our bowl matchup and, after we whipped them, finished 11th.

I'm not in denial of anything but your hysteria about Meyer. What happened at Florida happened at Florida. Since being at Ohio State, he has a sterling discipline record, hasn't had even remotely close to the issues with kids getting in trouble like at Florida (which, as it turns out, was a continuous thing under Muschamp and even this last year under their new head coach), and aside from the Dean situation (which I've explained very logically with facts vs. your method of shear speculation), there hasn't been a single situation of a kid getting "screwed over" by Meyer.

Meanwhile, not only has michigan decided to rip away scholarships from committed players out of the blue, but you had the same situation happen with Ondre Pipkens that happened to Dean. Honestly, I think what happened to Pipkens is unfortunate, but it happens. The michigan doctors must've seen something the Texas Tech doctors didn't and didn't think it was worth the risk for him to play further, same as OSU with Dean. But unlike you, I'm not sitting here trying to think up some BS about Harbaugh just trying to push him out of the program to make room for recruits. Why? I'm not that sad and petty.
How is your trailer house today? Redneck ohio hick.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pipkins was a starter at Michigan and played regularly from his freshman year on. Comparing a player who suffered multiple concussions over the three years he played at the school to Dean's situation when he hadn't played a single snap of college football is pointless. I'm still waiting on the player that had his career ended from a torn meniscus.
And when I say you are in denial, your response of actually believing this proves the fact. Did you miss where Urban Meyer has removed FORTY players from OSU's team that had eligibility remaining? FORTY in 3 years. Do u know, no team in the NCAA has had more roster turnover than Ohio State? These aren't players leaving for the NFL or choosing to transfer. These are players removed from the team with eligibilty left on their scholarship.
Yet, you truly believe the only shady thing Meyer has done is Dean.

Word to the wise. If u want to be a top program like Alabama. You have to be cut throat, which is exactly what coaches like Meyer and Harbaugh are. Saban is the king of it right now. But Meyer and Harbaugh are no different.
I wholeheartedly admit. Harbaugh will be doing the same thing and it is shitty for the players involved. But if you want to continue putting together top recruiting classes. You have to trim the fat. That is why these coaches are paid millions. Not to be nice guys. They are paid to win games. The quicker u understand, the less excuses u need to make for your coach
Kudos to you for admitting that Harbaugh is just as dirty as Meyer and Saban. You are one of the few Michigan fans here willing to admit it.

And yes, Dantonio is not clean either.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pipkins was a starter at Michigan and played regularly from his freshman year on. Comparing a player who suffered multiple concussions over the three years he played at the school to Dean's situation when he hadn't played a single snap of college football is pointless. I'm still waiting on the player that had his career ended from a torn meniscus.
And when I say you are in denial, your response of actually believing this proves the fact. Did you miss where Urban Meyer has removed FORTY players from OSU's team that had eligibility remaining? FORTY in 3 years. Do u know, no team in the NCAA has had more roster turnover than Ohio State? These aren't players leaving for the NFL or choosing to transfer. These are players removed from the team with eligibilty left on their scholarship.
Yet, you truly believe the only shady thing Meyer has done is Dean.

Word to the wise. If u want to be a top program like Alabama. You have to be cut throat, which is exactly what coaches like Meyer and Harbaugh are. Saban is the king of it right now. But Meyer and Harbaugh are no different.
I wholeheartedly admit. Harbaugh will be doing the same thing and it is shitty for the players involved. But if you want to continue putting together top recruiting classes. You have to trim the fat. That is why these coaches are paid millions. Not to be nice guys. They are paid to win games. The quicker u understand, the less excuses u need to make for your coach
I don't actually need to make a single excuse for my coach whatsoever. He's done nothing wrong at Ohio State. As far as the amount of players he's "removed", you do realize every single medical waiver requires not only notice from the physician, but also extensive medical testing documentation to back it up, right? If you're willing to try and say that Meyer has somehow forged the medical documentation of 40 different players, you'd better be damn sure you're able to back that up. I've also not heard a peep from a single one of those players on how they were forced out and could still play but that Meyer made them stop playing outside of Dean.

Your Pipkins explanation is retarded. There's no logic whatsoever to saying his situation is somehow on the up and up while Dean's wasn't. Dean also suffered multiple knee injuries, but his happened before he even suited up for the Buckeyes, not during his time there. You're incredibly foolish to try and act like they're any different. It's clear that you're just trying to argue it because it serves your argument better, but again, at the end of the day all you have is your flimsy speculation that largely contrasts with facts and logic. Better luck next time, I guess.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Michigan wasn't a top team last year. They were a top 25 team, but nowhere close to a top 10 team. Same goes with ND. Quality team, top 25 team, but not a top 10 team. MSU is the only top 10 team OSU played last year.
Before their bowl game, Notre Dame's only 2 losses were last second road defeats to two top 5 teams. They were unquestionably deserving of their top 10 ranking, and if OSU hadn't beaten them so soundly, it's possible they'd of finished top 10. But hey, you don't seem to be a fan of logic or reason, so why try and use it now.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to you for admitting that Harbaugh is just as dirty as Meyer and Saban. You are one of the few Michigan fans here willing to admit it.

And yes, Dantonio is not clean either.
I've said it from the beginning. The old school UM fans that liked to look down their noses at other schools are in for a shock.
Anyone who think Harbaugh is going to continue to run the program as it was done in the past is just as delusional as OSU fans calling Meyer a disciplinarian who runs a clean program.
He will make players take "medical scholarships", 5th year players will be removed, others will transfer. If you don't bring something to the team, I'm quite sure he will remove them and continue with big recruiting classes.
It is why top teams can lose a ton of players and they aren't rebuilding, they just reload. Roster manipulation allows teams to have depth across the board and if someone is injured, it is just the next man up.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Michigan wasn't a top team last year. They were a top 25 team, but nowhere close to a top 10 team. Same goes with ND. Quality team, top 25 team, but not a top 10 team. MSU is the only top 10 team OSU played last year.

N.D. was ranked # 8 in the country in the CFB playoff rankings & # 8 in the top 25. And that was right before the Fiesta Bowl. Not sure why you said N.D. wasn't a top 10 team. Actually why did you say that?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before their bowl game, Notre Dame's only 2 losses were last second road defeats to two top 5 teams. They were unquestionably deserving of their top 10 ranking, and if OSU hadn't beaten them so soundly, it's possible they'd of finished top 10. But hey, you don't seem to be a fan of logic or reason, so why try and use it now.
You want logic. ND HAD a top 10 quality team to start the year. As the brother of a die hard ND, who also happens to be a season ticket holder, I get to listen about ND on a weekly basis.
Why ND isn't a top 10 team at the end of the season. Injuries. Did you know their starting QB transferred to FSU? Then the guy named the starting QB broke his ankle and was out for the season. Starting RB for ND. Yep, you guessed it. Injured during the season, torn ACL, out for the season. Best DT Jarrod Jones, yep, you guessed it. Injured and out for the season. Top safety, yep, you guessed, out for the season. Starting TE and starting CB. Yep, out for the season. Then to top it off, in the first quarter against OSU, their best player left for the game injured.
So while u want to talk about ND as a top 10 team. I would agree, if they were healthy. The team OSU played was without their starting QB, RB ,TE, DT CB, safety and had one of the best players in college for less than a quarter

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N.D. was ranked # 8 in the country in the CFB playoff rankings & # 8 in the top 25. And that was right before the Fiesta Bowl. Not sure why you said N.D. wasn't a top 10 team. Actually why did you say that?
I hate ND. But as my brother who is a die hard fan told me. Smoke and mirrors. That is how ND got by this year. They lost 7 starters for year with injuries. I don't know if this is true or not, but 5 or 6 were to torn ACL's.
If I remember correctly they needed a last minute td to beat Virginia. Needed big 4th quarters to beat other teams but don't remember who it was he said and don't feel like looking it. They also almost lost to Boston College, who went 0-8 in the ACC

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate ND. But as my brother who is a die hard fan told me. Smoke and mirrors. That is how ND got by this year. They lost 7 starters for year with injuries. I don't know if this is true or not, but 5 or 6 were to torn ACL's.
If I remember correctly they needed a last minute td to beat Virginia. Needed big 4th quarters to beat other teams but don't remember who it was he said and don't feel like looking it. They also almost lost to Boston College, who went 0-8 in the ACC

Good for you that you hate N.D., doesn't change the fact that you're wrong again. Here's another gem of a comment from you...

# 160 talking about Notre Dame..."They were a top 25 team, but nowhere close to a top 10 team."

Like I just mentioned N.D. was ranked 8th in the country right before the Fiesta Bowl. So yes N.D. was ranked in the top 10 before the Fiesta Bowl.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really could have just stopped the title at, "Ohio State - the worst"

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a similar note.....

:eek:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for you that you hate N.D., doesn't change the fact that you're wrong again. Here's another gem of a comment from you...

# 160 talking about Notre Dame..."They were a top 25 team, but nowhere close to a top 10 team."

Like I just mentioned N.D. was ranked 8th in the country right before the Fiesta Bowl. So yes N.D. was ranked in the top 10 before the Fiesta Bowl.
Don't I need to talk slower for you Wamu? Was ND a top 10 team? Yes. Are they a top 10 team? IN MY OPINION, no.
Would they have been ranked higher if not for losing so many key players for the season? Absolutely.

Just an FYI, Michigan was ranked in the top 10 this season too and I said they were a top 35 team, but definitely not a top 10 team.

See how that works. The rest of the world calls that an opinion. Look it up.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't I need to talk slower for you Wamu? Was ND a top 10 team? Yes. Are they a top 10 team? IN MY OPINION, no.

I stopped reading you biased comment right there. Seriously you seem like a moron. Nobody gives a shit about your opinion. What I posted was an actual fact & not an opinion. Do you even know the difference between a fact & an opinion? I don't think you do.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want logic. ND HAD a top 10 quality team to start the year. As the brother of a die hard ND, who also happens to be a season ticket holder, I get to listen about ND on a weekly basis.
Why ND isn't a top 10 team at the end of the season. Injuries. Did you know their starting QB transferred to FSU? Then the guy named the starting QB broke his ankle and was out for the season. Starting RB for ND. Yep, you guessed it. Injured during the season, torn ACL, out for the season. Best DT Jarrod Jones, yep, you guessed it. Injured and out for the season. Top safety, yep, you guessed, out for the season. Starting TE and starting CB. Yep, out for the season. Then to top it off, in the first quarter against OSU, their best player left for the game injured.
So while u want to talk about ND as a top 10 team. I would agree, if they were healthy. The team OSU played was without their starting QB, RB ,TE, DT CB, safety and had one of the best players in college for less than a quarter
You're barking up the wrong tree if you're looking for sympathy for a team that has lost their starting QB.

During the big win over ND, we were also without Joey Bosa for the majority of the game because of a BS targeting call, and we were also without our top 3 defensive tackles (Washington, Joel Hale and Tommy Schutt).

Besides, ND played most of the season without that RB you mention (though they had Josh Adams, a stud RB who was fresh off a 168 yard effort against Stanford and had at least 141 yards in 3 of their final 4 games), and Kizer started almost the entire season and was tearing it up, so that QB/RB excuse is entirely null.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading you biased comment right there. Seriously you seem like a moron. Nobody gives a shit about your opinion. What I posted was an actual fact & not an opinion. Do you even know the difference between a fact & an opinion? I don't think you do.
Wamu. Do us all a favor and slap your parents next time you see them! Thank you in advance.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're barking up the wrong tree if you're looking for sympathy for a team that has lost their starting QB.

During the big win over ND, we were also without Joey Bosa for the majority of the game because of a BS targeting call, and we were also without our top 3 defensive tackles (Washington, Joel Hale and Tommy Schutt).

Besides, ND played most of the season without that RB you mention (though they had Josh Adams, a stud RB who was fresh off a 168 yard effort against Stanford and had at least 141 yards in 3 of their final 4 games), and Kizer started almost the entire season and was tearing it up, so that QB/RB excuse is entirely null.
Yes. Josh Adams, the stud third string RB, which I'm sure you knew that though. Tarean Folston and CJ Prosise were the 1st and 2nd string.
Folston was lost for the year. Prosise missed action, first with a concussion, then with an ankle injury.
You can talk up any team you'd like. But outside of Michigan. The team I know inside and out is unfortunately ND.
Their own fans will tell you they won with smoke and mirrors, and say Brian Kelly was a miracle worker this year

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Josh Adams, the stud third string RB, which I'm sure you knew that though. Tarean Folston and CJ Prosise were the 1st and 2nd string.
Folston was lost for the year. Prosise missed action, first with a concussion, then with an ankle injury.
You can talk up any team you'd like. But outside of Michigan. The team I know inside and out is unfortunately ND.
Their own fans will tell you they won with smoke and mirrors, and say Brian Kelly was a miracle worker this year
Uh huh, and they still only lost two other games, in the final seconds, to teams that finished in the top 5. They could've had Jaylon Smith the whole game, it wouldn't have mattered. We steamrolled them.

Can't help but laugh that you're trying to bring up guys that didn't play the entire season as a reason they lost to Ohio State. They didn't have them against Clemson or Stanford and they damn near won both of those games on the road, yet they got smoked against OSU.