• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State - the worst over signing school of all?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. You are right. Notre Dame is elite. They just lost to the only three elite teams they played and their best win was against Navy. I stand corrected.

ND was a top 10 team all season, lost a meaningless bowl game and dropped to 11. They are a top 12 team, whether you want to call that elite or not is up to your interpretation of elite. I really don't even care if you don't call them a top 10 team, you just sound like a dumbass saying it was all "smoke and mirrors". The NUMBERS don't back that up.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND was a top 10 team all season, lost a meaningless bowl game and dropped to 11. They are a top 12 team, whether you want to call that elite or not is up to your interpretation of elite. I really don't even care if you don't call them a top 10 team, you just sound like a dumbass saying it was all "smoke and mirrors". The NUMBERS don't back that up.
I give ND the props they deserved. They beat the teams they should and lost to the elite teams. That puts them somewhere in the top 25, but not elite, IMO.
You are acting like I'm trying to put down ND. I said the exact same thing about Michigan. Only difference is -- I said if ND was healthy, they'd be one of the top teams.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give ND the props they deserved. They beat the teams they should and lost to the elite teams. That puts them somewhere in the top 25, but not elite, IMO.
You are acting like I'm trying to put down ND. I said the exact same thing about Michigan. Only difference is -- I said if ND was healthy, they'd be one of the top teams.

Then where the hell do you put them? Honestly anything outside the top 12 is bull shit.

These are some of the numbers regarding ND's season:

#8 in Overall efficiency
#8 in Strength of Record
#10 in Game Control
#11 in Massey Composite
#11 in Sagarin

Also, none of that suggests it was "smoke and mirrors"

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are just proving point even more. Looks like MSU was a product of the big ten, like OSU and Iowa this year.
And my thoughts on ND were fed to me from a die hard ND fan. It is the only reason I know about all the injuries and all the close games. At some point u will get that thru your head.

OK. You are right. Notre Dame is elite. They just lost to the only three elite teams they played and their best win was against Navy. I stand corrected.
So, was Ohio State just a product of the Big Ten, or were they elite?

How many times are you going to let me call you out for blatantly contradicting yourself before you just give up like you should?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then where the hell do you put them? Honestly anything outside the top 12 is bull shit.

These are some of the numbers regarding ND's season:

#8 in Overall efficiency
#8 in Strength of Record
#10 in Game Control
#11 in Massey Composite
#11 in Sagarin

Also, none of that suggests it was "smoke and mirrors"
I didn't realize I had to give them an exact number. If it makes u feel better. UM falls in the same category for me. Outside the top 10 and somewhere in the top 25.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, was Ohio State just a product of the Big Ten, or were they elite?

How many times are you going to let me call you out for blatantly contradicting yourself before you just give up like you should?
That's called sarcasm. Next time I will type it out for you. I don't think the B1G is all powder puffs. However. I do think from OSU and MSU to the next level of teams is a big gap. Hopefully Harbaugh can narrow and eventually join them.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize I had to give them an exact number. If it makes u feel better. UM falls in the same category for me. Outside the top 10 and somewhere in the top 25.

There's a pretty big difference between 25th and 11th.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a pretty big difference between 25th and 11th.
I don't have a set number. After the elite programs, you can put teams anywhere. If ND was healthy this year -- they would have been in the first group.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a set number. After the elite programs, you can put teams anywhere. If ND was healthy this year -- they would have been in the first group.

Anybody can have their own opinion of the term elite. Some might think the elite teams are the teams that make the CFP, others might think that's the top 8 teams. Either way, I don't care to argue that.

But AGAIN, this is getting away from your original point of it being "smoke and mirrors". If you're going to continue to think that it was, I'm going to continue to call you a dumbass.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody can have their own opinion of the term elite. Some might think the elite teams are the teams that make the CFP, others might think that's the top 8 teams. Either way, I don't care to argue that.

But AGAIN, this is getting away from your original point of it being "smoke and mirrors". If you're going to continue to think that it was, I'm going to continue to call you a dumbass.
I didn't follow ND close enough, so I just took the word of those who do. When I say these guys are die hard fans, I'm not saying it lightly. My brother drives almost 4 hours (8 hours round trip) to attend every home game. And if I remember correctly, the away game during the national championship game season they went to USC to see ND play.
They are the guys who told me Brian Kelly worked miracles this year and used the smoke.and mirrors comment. I watched two games this year. The OSU game and the Boston College game. I wasnt impressed. After looking at their schedule and who they beat, I wasn't impressed.

If you feel they were elite, you have every right to. That is your opinion and I respect that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's called sarcasm. Next time I will type it out for you. I don't think the B1G is all powder puffs. However. I do think from OSU and MSU to the next level of teams is a big gap. Hopefully Harbaugh can narrow and eventually join them.
Whatever you say man. Your entire argument has been flawed from the ground up and filled with holes.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't follow ND close enough, so I just took the word of those who do. When I say these guys are die hard fans, I'm not saying it lightly. My brother drives almost 4 hours (8 hours round trip) to attend every home game. And if I remember correctly, the away game during the national championship game season they went to USC to see ND play.
They are the guys who told me Brian Kelly worked miracles this year and used the smoke.and mirrors comment. I watched two games this year. The OSU game and the Boston College game. I wasnt impressed. After looking at their schedule and who they beat, I wasn't impressed.

If you feel they were elite, you have every right to. That is your opinion and I respect that.

So you watched by far their two worst games of the season and you want to make an opinion based off of that? That in itself is dumb. Also, if you did watch the BC game you should remember that ND dominated that game and had like 4 turnovers inside the BC 10 yard line and BC scored a late BS TD to make the score closer than it actually was.

And the smoke and mirrors comment is still a bunch of bull shit and a dumb thing to say. Do you know what Game Control is? ND was 10th in the country in Game Control.

And I don't think they are elite, but when you are one of the best 10 teams at controlling games that isn't doing it with smoke and mirrors. It's just dumb.