• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State - the worst over signing school of all?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UM was put in the top 10 by default. They didn't play a good team til the end of the year. The same way Florida was top 10 by default. They played a weak side of the SEC.
FYI. The facts you are bringing to the battle are nothing more than the opinion of others. Just saying.
No, it's a fact that they were a top 10 team for a decent portion of the end of the season. Just like it's a fact ND was a top 10 team going into the bowl game. I'd ask you to post the "real" top 10 according to you, but that's just too much thinking to ask someone like yourself.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are just proving point even more. Looks like MSU was a product of the big ten, like OSU and Iowa this year.
And my thoughts on ND were fed to me from a die hard ND fan. It is the only reason I know about all the injuries and all the close games. At some point u will get that thru your head.

That die hard ND fan is a dumbass if he said the whole season was smoke and mirrors. Also any idiot can look at a box score or injury report.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That die hard ND fan is a dumbass if he said the whole season was smoke and mirrors. Also any idiot can look at a box score or injury report.
The "idiot" is my brother, who graduated from notre dame and has been a season ticket holder for 15 years now. The two other guys he goes with -- one played baseball at notre dame and one played football at notre dame (I believe Bob Davie was the coach)
You won't find 3 fans much more die hard than these three. They not only go to every home game, but they pick one away game a year to go to as well. (As well as shelling out 5k a piece on the national championship game)
So while you say anyone can look at a box score. I'm just passing along what I was told. From fans who go to the games. So if you want to be upset. Be upset with your own fan base.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "idiot" is my brother, who graduated from notre dame and has been a season ticket holder for 15 years now. The two other guys he goes with -- one played baseball at notre dame and one played football at notre dame (I believe Bob Davie was the coach)
You won't find 3 fans much more die hard than these three. They not only go to every home game, but they pick one away game a year to go to as well. (As well as shelling out 5k a piece on the national championship game)
So while you say anyone can look at a box score. I'm just passing along what I was told. From fans who go to the games. So if you want to be upset. Be upset with your own fan base.

Then all three of them are dumbasses if they ever said, like you said, ND did it with "smoke and mirrors" That implies ND got lucky this year, which couldn't be further from the truth. You don't luck into being the #3 offense from an efficiency standpoint.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then all three of them are dumbasses if they ever said, like you said, ND did it with "smoke and mirrors" That implies ND got lucky this year, which couldn't be further from the truth. You don't luck into being the #3 offense from an efficiency standpoint.
But don't you get it? He's right, because it's his opinion. Things like stats and rankings don't count.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is crazy how personal some fans take comments as if they are actually on the team or something.
To sum up basically what he said about the season. He called Kelly a miracle worker, as they played with backups much of the year at key positions and in some cases, it was the 3rd string playong big minutes.
It is why I said, if healthy, ND would have been one of the elite teams. It is why they had close calls with teams they otherwise would have handled without a problem.
Fans without blinders on can look at the season for what it is. An unbelievable job by Brian Kelly to get the most out of his team, even though they were decimated by injuries. It is no different than how I look at UM's season and can readily admit, they werent a top 10 team and it wouldn't have mattered if they didn't lose most of their DL to injury. Harbaugh got as much as he could out of the team

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But don't you get it? He's right, because it's his opinion. Things like stats and rankings don't count.
Just so i understand what you are saying. My opinion is wrong? Do you know what an opinion is?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so i understand what you are saying. My opinion is wrong? Do you know what an opinion is?

Are you trying to say opinions can't be wrong?

Is that you Oscar?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying it's wrong to sit and call out other people when they're using facts just because of your opinion.

It's like saying "I don't think eating double cheeseburgers and fries for every meal will make you fat" even though leading analysts and statistics show that clearly is not true.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trying to say opinions can't be wrong?

Is that you Oscar?
If there are facts to back up the argument, an opinion could be proven wrong. If the "facts" being used are based on rankings given out to teams based on the accumulative opinion of a group. No, then no, my opinion can't be wrong. :)

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is crazy how personal some fans take comments as if they are actually on the team or something.
To sum up basically what he said about the season. He called Kelly a miracle worker, as they played with backups much of the year at key positions and in some cases, it was the 3rd string playong big minutes.
It is why I said, if healthy, ND would have been one of the elite teams. It is why they had close calls with teams they otherwise would have handled without a problem.
Fans without blinders on can look at the season for what it is. An unbelievable job by Brian Kelly to get the most out of his team, even though they were decimated by injuries. It is no different than how I look at UM's season and can readily admit, they werent a top 10 team and it wouldn't have mattered if they didn't lose most of their DL to injury. Harbaugh got as much as he could out of the team

Nothing is really personal to me. I typically just call out dumbasses who make idiotic statements. Such as the "smoke and mirrors" comment. Also, you've been on these boards for like 1 month. You have no clue what type of fan I am.

And again, if it was "smoke and mirrors" why the hell did ND finish #3 in offensive efficiency? If you or your brother are implying that, then you come looking like a dumbass, which is why I called you out in the first place.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is really personal to me. I typically just call out dumbasses who make idiotic statements. Such as the "smoke and mirrors" comment. Also, you've been on these boards for like 1 month. You have no clue what type of fan I am.

And again, if it was "smoke and mirrors" why the hell did ND finish #3 in offensive efficiency? If you or your brother are implying that, then you come looking like a dumbass, which is why I called you out in the first place.
Genius. You want to know how.much rankings mean. Tell me who the #1 defense in football this past year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there are facts to back up the argument, an opinion could be proven wrong. If the "facts" being used are based on rankings given out to teams based on the accumulative opinion of a group. No, then no, my opinion can't be wrong. :)

Well your opinion on this is wrong. Opinions are wrong, frequently.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Genius. You want to know how.much rankings mean. Tell me who the #1 defense in football this past year.

Alabama was #1 in defensive efficiency and Clemson was #2 in defensive efficiency. What's your point?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seeing as it came from 3 guys who graduated from the school and attend over half the games. I will take their word for it.
And I don't need to know you to tell what kind of fan you are. When you resort to calling random people dumbasses, etc. over an opinion. You are the guy whose day is ruined when "your team" loses a game.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as it came from 3 guys who graduated from the school and attend over half the games. I will take their word for it.
And I don't need to know you to tell what kind of fan you are. When you resort to calling random people dumbasses, etc. over an opinion. You are the guy whose day is ruined when "your team" loses a game.

LOL. You know nothing about me. And yes you are a dumbass if you think ND's season was "smoke and mirrors", but then again you can't even form your own opinion on the matter if you have to take your brothers word for it.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. You know nothing about me. And yes you are a dumbass if you think ND's season was "smoke and mirrors", but then again you can't even form your own opinion on the matter if you have to take your brothers word for it.
Yes. It is much better to form my own from reading articles written by someone else. Why listen to the guys who went to the school and attend the games. :L