• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State - the worst over signing school of all?

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he must be a troll or just stupid. In another thread he is trying to claim that the reason Michigan only signed 14 people this year is because that is all they had room for.

Reported onhttp://www.chatsports.com/michigan-wolverines/a/Updated-scholarship-numbers-and-needs-for-2015-2-9957469 . . .

"With 74 players scheduled to return with eligibility for the 2015 season, the Wolverines currently have just 11 scholarships to give to players that will enter as true freshman that year.

With seven commitments already for the 2015 class, the Wolverines have only four open slots remaining, but that number will almost certainly go up. Any attrition from players leaving the team between now and signing day will increase the number of scholarships available. The Wolverines also have the option to over-sign by as many as three recruits on the assumption of attrition between February and August next year."

Thus, Michigan had only 14 scholarships to give. You can wipe that egg off your face now.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reported onhttp://www.chatsports.com/michigan-wolverines/a/Updated-scholarship-numbers-and-needs-for-2015-2-9957469 . . .

"With 74 players scheduled to return with eligibility for the 2015 season, the Wolverines currently have just 11 scholarships to give to players that will enter as true freshman that year.

With seven commitments already for the 2015 class, the Wolverines have only four open slots remaining, but that number will almost certainly go up. Any attrition from players leaving the team between now and signing day will increase the number of scholarships available. The Wolverines also have the option to over-sign by as many as three recruits on the assumption of attrition between February and August next year."

Thus, Michigan had only 14 scholarships to give. You can wipe that egg off your face now.

I saw that article before I posted.

That is not the reason why Michigan didn't sign more or get better recruits. Most Michigan fans are anxious to see Harbaughs first "full" recruiting class.

Everyone knows Harbaugh came in late and didn't have time to recruit much is why Michigan has only 14.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait - Michigan oversigns?

:lol:

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why am I not surprised, a shady coach for a shady program. I guess they prove they old adage true, "if you can't win, cheat."

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is not the reason why Michigan didn't sign more or get better recruits. Most Michigan fans are anxious to see Harbaughs first "full" recruiting class.

Everyone knows Harbaugh came in late and didn't have time to recruit much is why Michigan has only 14.

Well, that and they kinda suck ass.

:behindsofa:

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What? You saw the article but claim that's not the reason "Michigan didn't sign more or get better recruits"?
In a class of 14 recruits, Michigan got six 4* players and eight 3* players.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an NCAA rule--look it up! But, it's no surprise to me that an Alabama fan doesn't know it.

I don't need to look it up - again. I was actually being polite in letting you know it's for sure a Big10 rule. It was actually banned completely in the Big10 from 1956 until 2002 when they started allowing 3 over.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to avoid the question

Michigan currently has one potential graduate student transfer who could play right away and one transfer student who will sit out the season. What's your point?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? You saw the article but claim that's not the reason "Michigan didn't sign more or get better recruits"?
In a class of 14 recruits, Michigan got six 4* players and eight 3* players.

Yes because there will be lots of attrition at Michigan this year as is normal for incoming coaches. Some won't like Harbaugh, won't fit well in the system changes, etc.

If Harbaugh had a full year of recruiting you would have seen better players and more players. In the end all that matters is that you have 85 once you hit August.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan currently has one potential graduate student transfer who could play right away and one transfer student who will sit out the season. What's your point?

If you were 3 over with 14 and brought in an additional 2, you are 5 over.

In other words, DIRTY ROTTEN CHEATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to look it up - again. I was actually being polite in letting you know it's for sure a Big10 rule. It was actually banned completely in the Big10 from 1956 until 2002 when they started allowing 3 over.

See Oversigning: - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"NCAA Bylaw 15.5.6.1 limits FBS football programs to a total number of scholarships to 85 "counters" annually including 25 scholarships for "initial counters." Counters (NCAA Bylaw 15.02.3) are individuals who are receiving institutional financial aid that is countable against the aid limitations in a sport, initial counters (NCAA Bylaw 15.02.3.1) are individuals who are receiving countable financial aid in a sport for the first time. Bylaw 13.9.2.3 limits schools to signing 28 NLI from initial signing day through May 31."

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were 3 over with 14 and brought in an additional 2, you are 5 over.

In other words, DIRTY ROTTEN CHEATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, yeah. That fits.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, yeah. That fits.

Not only that, but they were hoping to get a late commitment from both Roquan Smith (who signed a financial agreement with Georgia, but not an LOI) on Friday and were hoping Mike Weber would get out of his LOI with tOSU and come up there.

That would make them 7 over.

That would have been absolutely Sabanesque!

tsk, tsk, tsk!

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because there will be lots of attrition at Michigan this year as is normal for incoming coaches. Some won't like Harbaugh, won't fit well in the system changes, etc.

If Harbaugh had a full year of recruiting you would have seen better players and more players. In the end all that matters is that you have 85 once you hit August.

Yes, 85 players by August is correct. But, the additional 3 players allowed ON SIGNING DAY is expressly for the attrition you mention. I know this is a foreign concept to an Alabama fan whose coach regularly skirts this rule.