• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Nakamura debuting, that was a weak SD.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Nakamura fan, don't like anything about him, hope Reigns squashes him.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Nakamura fan, don't like anything about him, hope Reigns squashes him.
That will be hard unless just one of them switches shows during the upcoming shake up.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Reigns is gonig to go to Smackdown.
The current rumors are that the plan to move him to SD has been scrapped but we'll see next week.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest from Mike Johnson on who's potentially moving is as follows:

To SD
The Shining Stars
Gallows & Anderson
Charlotte
Sasha Banks
Byron Saxton
Sami Zayn

To Raw
Alexa Bliss
Elias Sampson(call-up from NXT)

Obviously things can change but I'd be excited about what SD gets, their Tag Team and Women's division could use the boost(even if the Shining Stars are below average).

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The latest from Mike Johnson on who's potentially moving is as follows:

To SD
The Shining Stars
Gallows & Anderson
Charlotte
Sasha Banks
Byron Saxton
Sami Zayn

To Raw
Alexa Bliss
Elias Sampson(call-up from NXT)

Obviously things can change but I'd be excited about what SD gets, their Tag Team and Women's division could use the boost(even if the Shining Stars are below average).

I love those trades. Raw had the much deeper roster to begin with plus they've gotten Bayley, the Hardys, the cruiserweights, Samoa Joe assigned to them after the draft. SD only got Nakamura as far as a main event player.

I just don't know how in kayfabe they'll justify that roster trade unless Raw is getting something else big that's not listed. Maybe Becky, Ziggler and a main eventer? As long as SD has Styles, Nakamura, Zayn and (part time) Cena that group alone can carry the brand
They can trade anyone else and not miss a beat.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
http://deadspin.com/ex-wweer-on-announcer-jbls-bullying-this-stuff-is-enc-1794126676

There's been more stories floating to the surface this week but its starting to get traffic on big sites now, especially since it seems to be pointing towards Mauro's issues might tie into this. JBL is a fucking douche. Someone should knock his ass out like Joey Styles did back in the day
It's obviously a gut reaction to side with Mauro when he seems like the bullied and JBL has a history as a bully but no one is actually saying what he did wrong. It gets more complicated with pro wrestling's tradition of hazing and Mauro's bipolar disorder. JBL might have pushed something too far on accident. He might also deserve to be fired.

I'm not one of those people who generally complains about Meltzer but the reports of "this is all JBLs fault but I'm not providing any details" aren't fair. You have to report on what actually happened in order to offer an influential opinion on it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obviously a gut reaction to side with Mauro when he seems like the bullied and JBL has a history as a bully but no one is actually saying what he did wrong. It gets more complicated with pro wrestling's tradition of hazing and Mauro's bipolar disorder. JBL might have pushed something too far on accident. He might also deserve to be fired.

I'm not one of those people who generally complains about Meltzer but the reports of "this is all JBLs fault but I'm not providing any details" aren't fair. You have to report on what actually happened in order to offer an influential opinion on it.

The Mauro stuff is ify, because like you said, it hasn't been fully reported on. But this stuff from Roberts' book is just him being a full on dickhead

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Mauro stuff is ify, because like you said, it hasn't been fully reported on. But this stuff from Roberts' book is just him being a full on dickhead
He definitely has a reputation as a bully, even outside of the Roberts story. I'm not defending him in anyway as I'm sure his reputation was earned. But I got back into wrestling about 5 years ago after falling out of it for a long stretch of my 20s. Kind of a nostalgia thing. One of the the things that got me more invested in it was listening to shoot interviews on YouTube. Everyone seems to be hated by someone backstage and stories like this seem to be a part of the general culture. I'm just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt on the Mauro thing because the only thing that's been reported ( at least that I've seen) is that there was an issue Mauro had with a Bring it to the Table segment that imo was harmless in and of itself.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JBL obviously has a history of pushing people but at the same time we don't know if he was bullying Mauro behind the scenes or just being a heel on tv and Mauro took offense because of the way he is. I have no doubt JBL has probably said some dickish things off the air but if the majority of it was JBL just being a dick on tv and Mauro didn't like it then he may be in the wrong business, the heel commentator always bags on the face one that's the way wrestling works. Unless we get some concrete proof one way or the other I doubt anything serious happens to JBL.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going off of who did and didn't get moved to Raw, I predict the following are moving to SD:
Kevin Owens
Sami Zayn
Anderson & Gallows
Charlotte or Sasha
Dana Brooke
Cass & Enzo
Rusev w/ Lana

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Roman, Rollins, Ambrose, and Finn on one brand feels a little heavy on fulltime babyfaces. A Rollins or Balor SD run makes sense to get one of those guys over as the center of the show.
I'll wait for it to play out though.

If SD is centered around AJ, Orton, Nakamura, Sami, and Owens I won't complain too much. That's a good neclues. I just see someone on Raw getting lost in the shuffle who could be a top 2 or 3 fulltimer on the other brand.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman, Rollins, Ambrose, and Finn on one brand feels a little heavy on fulltime babyfaces. A Rollins or Balor SD run makes sense to get one of those guys over as the center of the show.
I'll wait for it to play out though.

If SD is centered around AJ, Orton, Nakamura, Sami, and Owens I won't complain too much. That's a good neclues. I just see someone on Raw getting lost in the shuffle who could be a top 2 or 3 fulltimer on the other brand.
I think Rollins ultimately ends up there. I hope Sami isn't in the main event scene.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Rollins ultimately ends up there. I hope Sami isn't in the main event scene.
At first I think he makes sense as upper midcard utility guy but I can see him eventually being a DB like mainevent guy. He's one of the top guys in the ring after AJ and he's even better than AJ at selling. Plus he has a likeable Daniel Bryan like quality to his character.