• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured since SD is live every week now and on the same level as Raw why not give it its own thread.

Maybe if everyone likes the idea we can have this stickied just like the Raw one is.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There are going to be so many Shenanigans in the the WWE title matches to see which brand controls the title

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hope that split screen feature for the commercials during the first match is a Smackdown staple going forward. It's genius.. the match keeps its continuity and the viewer watches the Ad as opposed to turning the channel
Win all the way around

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone saw Balor going Top 5, amazing vote of confidence.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is your official SD Roster:

WWE champion: Dean Ambrose
WWE Intercontinental champion: The Miz with Maryse
AJ Styles
John Cena
Randy Orton
Bray Wyatt
Becky Lynch
Baron Corbin
American Alpha - NXT
Dolph Ziggler
Natalya
Alberto Del Rio
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Kane
Kalisto
Naomi
The Ascension
Zack Ryder
Apollo Crews
Alexa Bliss - NXT
Tyler Breeze & Fandango
Eva Marie - NXT
The Vaudevilians
Erick Rowan
Mojo Rawley - NXT
Carmella

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that roster, there's no use for a thread. There's maybe 3 intriguing people on the entire list (Styles, Wyatt, and AA)

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that roster, there's no use for a thread. There's maybe 3 intriguing people on the entire list (Styles, Wyatt, and AA)

While they don't set the world on fire people like Miz, Baron Corbin, Apollo Crews, Ziggler, Ryder & Bray Wyatt will all step up and be a really solid midcard. Plus you have Ambrose, AJ, Cena, Orton, & Del Rio all at the top and they can wrestle very well. They are lacking in tag teams and Women I'll give you that but at only 2 hours a week they have enough quality people to make the shows wrestling heavy and entertaining.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While they don't set the world on fire people like Miz, Baron Corbin, Apollo Crews, Ziggler, Ryder & Del Rio will all step up and be a really solid midcard. They are lacking in tag teams and Women I'll give you that but at only 2 hours a week they have enough quality people to make the shows wrestling heavy and entertaining.

I disagree there. Corbin isn't working on the main roster. Crews is too green and got called up too early. Ryder is a novelty that only draws once every couple of years. Ziggler and Del Rio are gifted, but the damage has been done to them from countless shit booking from WWE over years and years. There isn't much appealing to them anymore.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I think I prefer SD.

Best worker in the company in Styles. Most over singles star in Ambrose. Biggest draw in Cena. Orton's a legend. Wyatt's a top young star. The top of the singles card is stacked.

Raw has the established tag team and woman's division but they need it to fill out the extra hour.

I'm team SD but I think they did a great job balancing out the rosters

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Smackdown announce team:
Ranallo, JBL, David Otunga

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone saw Balor going Top 5, amazing vote of confidence.
I mentioned that some of the dirt rags had him as a possible #1 overall pick in some back and forth comments with futballiscool in WWE draft rules thread. My reference to Balor is in comment #20.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smackdown has a chance to be great, may not be great stars now but there are so many more chances for non stale storylines.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Apparently Smackdown's roster is getting panned by most of the IWC. I'm generally not a contrarian but I really do like this roster more than almost everyone else.

I mentioned the big 5 earlier. Cena, Orton, Ambrose, Styles, Wyatt... Those are 5 of the top 7 on the singles roster IMO.. That's a nucleus of a 2 hr show imo...

Ziggler's been stale lately imo but he can work in the ring and now has a chance at some meaningful storylines.

You can't beat New Day or Enzo/Cass for entertainment value but American Alpha is on another level as an in ring tag team. I'd take ND or EC to fill airtime on a 3 hr show but Alpha will kill on PPVs. Plus Jason Jordan has as much long-term upside as anyone on either roster sans Rollins. Just an opinion.

Miz has sneakily become a great mid carder. He can carry his end of a feud in the ring and can carry a program on the mic.

Del Rio is a pro's pro and can work anywhere needed on the card. Great utility player.

Corbin, Crews, Kalisto are all green but they don't need to be main eventers right now.

Sorry to go off on a rant. This roster got **** on in most articles and podcasts I follow. I'm a fan.

I know Meltzer said it was a shoot but I wonder if that Cesaro interview is part of an angle where he gets traded to SD eventually.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Smackdown's roster is getting panned by most of the IWC. I'm generally not a contrarian but I really do like this roster more than almost everyone else.

I mentioned the big 5 earlier. Cena, Orton, Ambrose, Styles, Wyatt... Those are 5 of the top 7 on the singles roster IMO.. That's a nucleus of a 2 hr show imo...

Ziggler's been stale lately imo but he can work in the ring and now has a chance at some meaningful storylines.

You can't beat New Day or Enzo/Cass for entertainment value but American Alpha is on another level as an in ring tag team. I'd take ND or EC to fill airtime on a 3 hr show but Alpha will kill on PPVs. Plus Jason Jordan has as much long-term upside as anyone on either roster sans Rollins. Just an opinion.

Miz has sneakily become a great mid carder. He can carry his end of a feud in the ring and can carry a program on the mic.

Del Rio is a pro's pro and can work anywhere needed on the card. Great utility player.

Corbin, Crews, Kalisto are all green but they don't need to be main eventers right now.

Sorry to go off on a rant. This roster got **** on in most articles and podcasts I follow. I'm a fan.

I know Meltzer said it was a shoot but I wonder if that Cesaro interview is part of an angle where he gets traded to SD eventually.

Dude I'm with you.

Most of the IWC probably have never seen Alpha. The remind me of a another great team that can go (Ricky and Scotty)

I'm a huge Ziggy fan. He has all of the potential to be a Main Eventer

Same for Miz and Del Rio (they have done it before)

Corbin and Crews have big time potential but key word POTENTIAL

and then the big 5

I see a very underrated Womens division. Lynch and Natty are both championship material with Naomi and Bliss being Chasers

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree, they have some big names to get people to tune in, then a pretty solid roster afterwards. Ziggler isn't as popular as Flair but he is this generations Flair in trying to put people over with great matches. Baron just has dropped the ball.

Won't beat the entertainment of New Day but this roster sure as hell has alot more options of making up for for in ring entertainment.

Can't stand Del Rio now compared to his announcer he had so eh, don't care.

Hate Kalisto and think he wastes a spot but the other can pull off great storyline to keep people watching, though I think the way they are handling Crews he will end up like the original Rock but as of now doesn't seem to have the charisma to over come that no the presence of Reigns to eventually become a heel on his own.

I just hope creative is allowed to not be total yes men and throw shit at the wall and see what sticks, with according to every documentary I've seen Shane has been cool with listening to off the wall ideas and conning his dad into going along with it if he thinks it's good for business.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I'm with you.

Most of the IWC probably have never seen Alpha. The remind me of a another great team that can go (Ricky and Scotty)

I'm a huge Ziggy fan. He has all of the potential to be a Main Eventer

Same for Miz and Del Rio (they have done it before)

Corbin and Crews have big time potential but key word POTENTIAL

and then the big 5

I see a very underrated Womens division. Lynch and Natty are both championship material with Naomi and Bliss being Chasers

They've definitely seen AA. The IWC is the reason why all the NXT draftees got way larger reactions than any other draft pick. Hell, NXT is the IWC's favorite WWE product.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've definitely seen AA. The IWC is the reason why all the NXT draftees got way larger reactions than any other draft pick. Hell, NXT is the IWC's favorite WWE product.

one of mine 2. Reminds me of a old school TV Station wrestling

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I think people overlook about SD and the draft is that SD got more than enough talent to fill a 2 hour show every week, if it was 3 hours I'd be worried but 2 hours they're fine. They have a few tag teams and Women to fill an hour and IC and main event talent to fill another hour.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the first time in awhile we're waiting to see if SD can respond to a great Raw when usually it's not even a competition.