• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harper is getting that WM title shot...shocking

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No instant replay in the wwe all of a sudden? Silly booking.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No instant replay in the wwe all of a sudden? Silly booking.

They botched the finish, that's why there was no replay. Clearly AJ hit first when they were suppose to hit at the same time

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wonder if the Styles hitting the floor first is part of the storyline for his match with Shane. Shane comes out next week and gives the 3rd spot to Harper.

Otherwise that was a bad botch

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Styles hitting the floor first is part of the storyline for his match with Shane. Shane comes out next week and gives the 3rd spot to Harper.

I am thinking something along these lines as well.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nakamora(sp?) challenged AJ to a match at WM before SmackDown broadcast and AJ replied he would be busy wrestling for the title. If AJ doesn't win next week, I think WWE is headed toward AJ vs. Nakamora(sp?) at WM. Course that WM challenge could just be a swerve.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous that Cena is going to go from in the title picture to tagging w/Nikki against Miz/Maryse to push that dumb ass tv show.

But it has a ton of chick's watching WWE for the build up to it. My wife is so stoked to watch Cena and Nikki win and Cena propose to her after, it's lame but it does bring in chick's who watch the show but don't watch Raw, Smackdown or the WWE network.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't even know where to start...

I'm the typical attitude era fan who could appreciate Cena was a top guy but never considered him an alltime great. Unlike Cena, I give up. His promos are God tier. It's honestly like watching the best battle rapper on earth working the mic in a wrestling ring. I know he's booked to get the last word and get the upperhand on promos but what he did to the Miz in that Miz TV segment was historically great. He turned a nothing, throw away fued into one of the most hyped matches on the WM card in 10 minutes. WWF/E Mount Rushmore.. Hogan, Austin, Rock, Cena.

Also worth noting even though the Miz was overshadowed his promo was still gold. He's been the breakout star of the brandsplit and this feud can turn into a main event guy.

AJ Styles has been in the company for a year and JBL is comparing him on air to HBK as the best in ring performer in company history. Sounds about right. I love how Harper's being slowly brought into the picture as a big time player. I hope he's championship material soon. Really talented big man.

The Wyatt/Orton segment was campy, ridiculous and made me wonder what the fuck I was watching. Basically it was everything that made me a wrestling fan in the first place. Best segment since the brandsplit.

Raw was a bore as usual this week. SD is a well oiled machine that's gearing up for WM season.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm also intrigued by Alpha/Usos, Corbin/Ambrose, Becky/Alexa... Their side of the WM card looks good.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT ENDING WAS EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a good segment but it seems very premature to do this with a month to go before WM.

It probably would've been better to put Harper in the title match (which still seems likely) first, then have Bray + Orton attack and outnumber him for a few weeks, then have Orton show his true colors.

To have Orton just destroy the 'compound' so randomly and early seems rushed...they could've drawn it out a bit more.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good segment but it seems very premature to do this with a month to go before WM.

It probably would've been better to put Harper in the title match (which still seems likely) first, then have Bray + Orton attack and outnumber him for a few weeks, then have Orton show his true colors.

To have Orton just destroy the 'compound' so randomly and early seems rushed...they could've drawn it out a bit more.
That's what I can't wrap my head around. Just 2 weeks ago, Randy was kneeling in front of Bray, pledging his allegiance and refusing to fight him for the title. Now, Orton is coming for the title without any indication that there was any tension between them?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I can't wrap my head around. Just 2 weeks ago, Randy was kneeling in front of Bray, pledging his allegiance and refusing to fight him for the title. Now, Orton is coming for the title without any indication that there was any tension between them?

That is a good point. The only reason i can think of is Vince wanted to say gotcja to old wrestling fans