• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think the idea with Orton is that he was never really in the Wyatts. He was trying to destroy them from the inside. Harpers kicked out of the group. Bray gave him "the keys to the kingdom" last week to reward his loyalty. When Bray was finally vulnerable Orton attacked. Sorry for the undergrad analysis but I really do think this was the long-term story. This is from September when their fued first started..

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the idea with Orton is that he was never really in the Wyatts. He was trying to destroy them from the inside. Harpers kicked out of the group. Bray gave him "the keys to the kingdom" last week to reward his loyalty. When Bray was finally vulnerable Orton attacked. Sorry for the undergrad analysis but I really do think this was the long-term story. This is from September when their fued first started..

I agree that the plan all along was for Orton was to destroy the Wyatt family from the inside after he failed to beat Bray himself during the fall. I guess there was just no tease for an Orton turn is what disappoints me. I mean, 2 weeks ago, Orton was on his knees. Last week, Wyatt gave Orton the keys to the kingdom. This week Orton burns the house down. It's like they did a 180 in 1 week.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the plan all along was for Orton was to destroy the Wyatt family from the inside after he failed to beat Bray himself during the fall. I guess there was just no tease for an Orton turn is what disappoints me. I mean, 2 weeks ago, Orton was on his knees. Last week, Wyatt gave Orton the keys to the kingdom. This week Orton burns the house down. It's like they did a 180 in 1 week.

To me, it just doesn't make sense for a WM match, that is a secondary PPV type storyline, plus him buying down the house seems silly when a RKO could've gotten a huge crowd reaction. Now they tried turning Orton face while everyone loves Bray. Just doesn't make sense to headline WM to me.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it just doesn't make sense for a WM match, that is a secondary PPV type storyline, plus him buying down the house seems silly when a RKO could've gotten a huge crowd reaction. Now they tried turning Orton face while everyone loves Bray. Just doesn't make sense to headline WM to me.

I'm fine with it for a WM title match...someone like Cena or Styles doesn't need to be in a title match at WM to get fans caring about it, so why not give the title match to a fued that could really use the extra push.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miz is Shooting from the hip.

06272011_Gold_article.jpg

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured they were saving this match for a big PPV...

Why? They did the exact same thing to Roman Reigns last year, making him fight over and over for the wrestlemania match that was earned winning the rumble. They gave styles his title run, it will be plenty of bullshit for him from now on.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why? They did the exact same thing to Roman Reigns last year, making him fight over and over for the wrestlemania match that was earned winning the rumble. They gave styles his title run, it will be plenty of bullshit for him from now on.
My point from the post you quoted was that Orton/Styles is one of the big matches they had left and I was surprised it happened on free TV. It wasn't about Styles being a permanent main event guy (although I do think he'll always be somewhere near the top)

As far as your separate point about Roman being knocked down the card... He got demoted for a few months because he failed a drug test while he was world championship. He's already getting back to his old status.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point from the post you quoted was that Orton/Styles is one of the big matches they had left and I was surprised it happened on free TV. It wasn't about Styles being a permanent main event guy (although I do think he'll always be somewhere near the top)

As far as your separate point about Roman being knocked down the card... He got demoted for a few months because he failed a drug test while he was world championship. He's already getting back to his old status.
All I am saying is they did the same deal with Roman having to fight for what he earned last year, or was it two years ago.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I am saying is they did the same deal with Roman having to fight for what he earned last year, or was it two years ago.

They did it to DB too didn't they?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Muaro's not there again this week. That's a bad sign. I wonder what's going on backstage..

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that Shane isnt afraid of shit.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muaro's not there again this week. That's a bad sign. I wonder what's going on backstage..
It's weird. Last week he was telling people on twitter that he was having a hard time getting to the site of Smackdown because of the snowstorm in the northeast. That was also his last tweet. He is the host of a new MMA show that starts on March 25th, so maybe he is just prepping for that?

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lame episode. Poor job building to wrestlemania.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be some mental issues going on.
Or a concussion. My boss got one a few years back from falling on ice and his doctor made him stay off social media for several months. I'm just speculating that Mauro fell on ice and hit his head because he lives in the North East and he missed Raw when the ice storm went thru and the week after the storm due to "sickness" according to WWE.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Or a concussion. My boss got one a few years back from falling on ice and his doctor made him stay off social media for several months. I'm just speculating that Mauro fell on ice and hit his head because he lives in the North East and he missed Raw when the ice storm went thru and the week after the storm due to "sickness" according to WWE.
Mauro's bipolar so it might be related to that issue.