• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now that all are in place, who are your top 10 coaches?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An I haven’t worshiped Shaw. Christ I have him behind Dantonio.

You literally are contradicting yourself in that second paragraph. You are basing him making your top ten because he beat an “elite team” on the road. That team happened to be Ohio State. Soo yeah, you are basing it on him beating Ohio State on the road. So yeah it is pretty simple to see how big of a deal that is.

Sure Shaw had somewhat of a drop off. But it’s not like he’s had 3 losing seasons in the last 4. He has gotten double digit wins in two of those 4 years and has ended the season ranked in 3 of them. Ohh, and he’s doing this all at STANFORD. This isn’t some blue blood that just awoke from off time. It’s a never was that has been a consistent top 25 program the last ALMOST decade. Him not being in your top ten but Lincoln Riley is is beyond hilarious. But it’s your opinion.

As I said, we’ll never agree on this so let’s just agree to disagree.
I'm literally not. You're insinuating that it's ONLY because they beat Ohio State. For the 4th time now, it's because they beat AN ELITE TEAM on the road.

We can agree to disagree. If Shaw comes out this year and still fails to win the conference or get back to 11+ wins, are you going to come on here and keep on spouting off about "well it's AT STANFORD, so he's still elite"?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it ralphie. Now you are expecting homers to not be homers. You've got to lower your expectations man.
Don’t you know, fans of elite teams can’t be homers?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 3-4 coaches in the nation are the ones I would call elite. I would also say Ohio State is one of the 3-4 top programs in the nation, so yes, they are elite.

Lol. As I expected, moving the goalposts. @7Samurai13 nailed it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama got physically dominated?

What the fuck do you call Iowa and Oklahoma then?

And we all know Clemson had their way with Ohio St in 2016 in ways beyond the shut out.

fTLqw2X.png
Man, someone has hurt you bad. This conversation literally has nothing at all to do with Clemson or Alabama and you are on here bitching and moaning in full force. You've gone completely off topic so until you stop raging like a dyke at a Trump rally, fuck off already.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm literally not. You're insinuating that it's ONLY because they beat Ohio State. For the 4th time now, it's because they beat AN ELITE TEAM on the road.

We can agree to disagree. If Shaw comes out this year and still fails to win the conference or get back to 11+ wins, are you going to come on here and keep on spouting off about "well it's AT STANFORD, so he's still elite"?

You are basing Lincoln Riley making your top ten because he beat an “elite team.” That’s one freaking game. You just admitted that. So because he beat Ohio State, he made the top 10. Thank you for coming out and saying that. Good work.

When did I call Shaw elite? I said he’s in the top 10, not that he is in the top 3/4. (Thats what makes coaches elite right?) I will continue to think Shaw is a top ten coach until he proves the program can’t get over 8 wins.

But again we’ll just agree to disagree. This really isn’t going anywhere with you, like always.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, someone has hurt you bad. This conversation literally has nothing at all to do with Clemson or Alabama and you are on here bitching and moaning in full force. You've gone completely off topic so until you stop raging like a dyke at a Trump rally, fuck off already.

I must admit, my side is hurting pretty good. Even my wife is getting a good laugh out of this one. I explained to her you are like one of the dumb Alabama fans.

And you are the one who claims Ohio St is an elite team as justification for your opinions. Which as usual you have a double standard for.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why all the jealousy for tOSU in this thread? Just bow down and know your place.
Dude there are some insane David Shaw worshippers here. This is all stemming from me saying I didn't think Shaw was a top 10 coach in the nation. I had him in the top 15 and all of these angry flamers just attacked.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me right now that Ohio State is not one of the top 3-4 programs in the nation and/or Urban Meyer is not one of the top 3-4 coaches.

Backpedaling at a rampant pace I see. Lmao.

Why'd you change your initial stance?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude there are some insane David Shaw worshippers here. This is all stemming from me saying I didn't think Shaw was a top 10 coach in the nation. I had him in the top 15 and all of these angry flamers just attacked.

Go back and look, I did not rank Shaw in my top10.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are basing Lincoln Riley making your top ten because he beat an “elite team.” That’s one freaking game. You just admitted that. So because he beat Ohio State, he made the top 10. Thank you for coming out and saying that. Good work.

When did I call Shaw elite? I said he’s in the top 10, not that he is in the top 3/4. (Thats what makes coaches elite right?) I will continue to think Shaw is a top ten coach until he proves the program can’t get over 8 wins.

But again we’ll just agree to disagree. This really isn’t going anywhere with you, like always.
This is the last time I'm saying this, so if there's any shred of reading comprehension left in your skillset, use it now: Riley is in my top 10 because he went on the road in his second game ever and convincingly beat an elite team AND he finished the year with 4 ranked wins AND he won his conference AND he made the playoff. Again, this is the last time I'm explaining this.

You said top 10 is elite, did you not? So in your mind, if he's top 10, he's elite.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backpedaling at a rampant pace I see. Lmao.

Why'd you change your initial stance?
Never did.

Again - Tell me right now that Ohio State is not one of the top 3-4 programs in the nation and/or Urban Meyer is not one of the top 3-4 coaches.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must admit, my side is hurting pretty good. Even my wife is getting a good laugh out of this one. I explained to her you are like one of the dumb Alabama fans.

And you are the one who claims Ohio St is an elite team as justification for your opinions. Which as usual you have a double standard for.
I guess laughing that hard at me saying OSU is one of the top 3-4 programs in the nation isn't dumb?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but you sure jumped all over my shit because I don't think he's elite.

Umm no. I entered this conversation because you were saying stupid shit in order justify your extremely obvious homer bias.

These were my rankings. Please point out my Shaw worshiping. I'm honestly a little ill at Shaw right now because he went for 2 instead of taking the XP which was a terrible coaching decision and cost Stanford the game.

1. Saban
2. Meyer
3. Swinney
4. Jimbo
5. Peterson
6. Dantonio
7. Patterson
8. Franklin
9. Richt
10. Kelly

But you were sucking off Harbaugh and acting like all Shaw accomplished was because of Harbaugh. Then when it came to others, had double standards.

I am extremely amused.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess laughing that hard at me saying OSU is one of the top 3-4 programs in the nation isn't dumb?

Ohio St is not an elite team. Elite teams do not lose to teams like Iowa, much less get BLOWN THE FUCK OUT.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never did.

Again - Tell me right now that Ohio State is not one of the top 3-4 programs in the nation and/or Urban Meyer is not one of the top 3-4 coaches.

Tell me if Ohio State was elite last year? That's where this all stems from. Do I need to quote your elite standards and then pull up where Ohio State finished again?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the last time I'm saying this, so if there's any shred of reading comprehension left in your skillset, use it now: Riley is in my top 10 because he went on the road in his second game ever and convincingly beat an elite team AND he finished the year with 4 ranked wins AND he won his conference AND he made the playoff. Again, this is the last time I'm explaining this.

You said top 10 is elite, did you not? So in your mind, if he's top 10, he's elite.

I bet it’s not your last timespinning this. You are saying because he beat Ohio State, had 4 ranked wins playing in a mediocre conference and winning that conference and making the playoff with. Someone else’s players he is a top 10 coach. You know, the same thing you said about Shaw winning with Harbaughs recruits. So Larry Cocker and Gene Chizik were top ten coaches after they won it all? You just can’t call someone top ten after one year.

An when did I say top 10 is elite? You have me confused with someone else.