• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now that all are in place, who are your top 10 coaches?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine:

1. Nick Saban- Pretty obvious IMO
2. Urban Meyer- Also pretty obvious
3. Dabo Swinney- Has a NC, and has turned a non blue blood into a powerhouse
4. Jimbo Fisher- Say what you will, but he's one of only 4 coaches with a natty
5. Chris Petersen- Track record speaks for itself
6. Mark Dantonio- Does more with less than anyone
7. James Franklin- Wasn't the best situation he walked into, but has brought Penn State back
8. Kirby Smart- I'm biased, but he took UGA to a title game in year 2 and is killing it in recruiting
9. Paul Chryst- 13 win season at Wisconsin.
10. Gary Patterson- What he's done at TCU is amazing

HM- Scott Frost(gotta wait and see what he does at a big job), Dan Mullen(I think he'll crack my list by the end of next season, but you never can tell when the spot light and real expectations are on you), Bill Snyder(KSU is nothing without him, but he's getting old), Mark Richt(programs will always be relevant, but will never be real title contenders), Mike Gundy(He has Oklahoma State relevant most every year, that gets him an HM, but you have to beat your biggest rival every now and then), Pat Fitzgerald(Done a great job at Northwestern, but I'd like to see what he could do with a bigger job), Lincoln Riley(playoffs in year one, but walked into a great situation, jury is still out), Jim Harbaugh(stock dropped big time after last season and current recruiting class), Gus Malzahn(Not a big fan, but he has took Auburn to a NCG)

Last edited:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7. James Franklin- Wasn't the best situation he walked into, but has brought Penn State back
8. Kirby Smart- I'm biased, but he took UGA to a title game in year 2 and is killing it in recruiting

Going to have to differ some here.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine:

HM- Scott Frost(gotta wait and see what he does at a big job), Dan Mullen(I think he'll crack my list by the end of next season, but you never can tell when the spot light and real expectations are on you), Bill Snyder(KSU is nothing without him, but he's getting old), Mark Richt(programs will always be relevant, but will never be real title contenders), Mike Gundy(He has Oklahoma State relevant most every year, that gets him an HM, but you have to beat your biggest rival every now and then), Pat Fitzgerald(Done a great job at Northwestern, but I'd like to see what he could do with a bigger job), Lincoln Riley(playoffs in year one, but walked into a great situation, jury is still out), Jim Harbaugh(stock dropped big time after last season and current recruiting class), Gus Malzahn(Not a big fan, but he has took Auburn to a NCG)

No David Shaw? Has to work with getting kids in with the academics and still coaches at a high level.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine:

Dantonio’s big problem is recruiting. He had several great seasons but was unable to turn that into anything on the recruiting front with only one top 20 class. I don’t know if it is his inability to connect with top recruits or if it is something with Michigan State in general but he will always have issues with consistency when you are rarely ever pulling top 25 classes.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantonio’s big problem is recruiting. He had several great seasons but was unable to turn that into anything on the recruiting front with only one top 20 class. I don’t know if it is his inability to connect with top recruits or if it is something with Michigan State in general but he will always have issues with consistency when you are rarely ever pulling top 25 classes.

It's the a non blue blood program, the second biggest draw in a state devoid of talent. Hard to recruit nationally at a school like Michigan State. He takes what he can get and does more with it than most would be able to.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss Hornswoggle on WWE.

But it's good to see he is still having success coaching Alabama to multiple national titles.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Saban

2. Meyer

3. Dabo

Errbody else

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Saban (Obvious)
2. Meyer (Natty & Win %)
3. Dabo (Natty & Consistency)
4. Jimbo (Natty)
5. Chris Peterson (Win %)
6. David Shaw (Win %)
7. Mark Dantonio (Impactful & Effective)
8. Bobby Petrino (In Spite of Himself)
9. Gary Patterson (He's Done This With TCU)
10. Kirby Smart (Potential to Move Up Fast)

HM
Mark Richt, Bill Snyder, Mike Gundy, Paul Chryst, James Franklin...Certain I'm missing some.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the dunces posting the top 3 and then saying "everyone else" afterwards, the title of the thread spells out what the thread is for pretty clearly. That's just flat out laziness.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Chip Kelly
2.-10. Does it really matter since none of them are Chip Kelly?

- OD

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Chip Kelly
2. Mark Helfrich
2. Willie Taggart
2. Mario Cristobal

3.-10. Does it really matter since none of them are Oregon’s coach?

- OD
FIFY

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine:

1. Saban
2. Meyer
3. Petersen.. only a few years into a P5
4. Snyder- I would have loved to have seen what would have happened if he went to a big time job
5. Patterson- creator of the 4-2-5. Changed modern defense in CB
6. Dabo. Probably should be higher, but I get a Bowden feel watching him. More great recruiter than great coach
7. Dantonio
8. Chip Kelly- brought Oregon to new heights. Let's see how this plays out
9. Gundy- train just keeps rolling. Amazing job at OSU
10. Petrino.. ark hasn't been the same since. Maybe in my bottom 10 human beings in CFB, but the guy can coach

Last edited:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Saban
2. Meyer
3. Petersen.. only a few years into a P5
4. Snyder- I would have lived to have seen what would have happened if he went to a big time job
5. Patterson- creator of the 4-2-5. Changed modern defense in CB
6. Dabo. Probably should be higher, but I get a Bowden feel watching him. More great recruiter than great coach
7. Dantonio
8. Chip Kelly- brought Oregon to new heights. Let's see how this plays out
9. Gundy- train just keeps rolling. Amazing job at OSU
10. Petrino.. ark hasn't been the same since. Maybe in my bottom 10 human beings in CFB, but the guy can coach

Petrino's stock is falling IMO.

There's no way you should lose 5 games with a talent like Lamar Jackson at QB.