• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now that all are in place, who are your top 10 coaches?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh has been gone 7 years dipshit.

7 years.

And still you give credit to Harbaugh for what Stanford does.

:lol:
Except, no, I don't. I give Harbaugh credit for what happened the few years after he left, at least partially. For 3 years after Harbaugh left, Stanford went 34-7. By year 4, Harbaugh's recruits were no longer making up a good amount of the roster, as they made up maybe 20%, if not less. From year 4 through year 7, Stanford is 38-15 with two 5-loss seasons. This has been my point this entire time. The further we get away from the Harbaugh days, the worse Stanford is getting. There is regression occurring.

First 3 years after Harbaugh left: 11 wins, 12 wins, 11 wins. That is elite level football, on the level of an Alabama or Ohio State. Last 4 years since: 8 wins, 12 wins, 10 wins, 8 wins. Things are slipping. How are you so blind??

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean other than giving all the credit to the previous coach? Other than say he's regressing? Other than after doing it for seven seasons at Stanford you put him under a first year coach who hasn't even had a practice with players he recruited. Yeah, you think the world of him. LOL
Well, again, no I don't. I give Harbaugh credit for building Stanford to an elite level and leaving the shelves stocked. As I just illustrated, the 3 years after Harbaugh left, when he still had a good amount of his recruits on the team, were elite, prosperous years. Since then, they've regressed. Simply looking at their record backs this up.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except, no, I don't. I give Harbaugh credit for what happened the few years after he left, at least partially. For 3 years after Harbaugh left, Stanford went 34-7. By year 4, Harbaugh's recruits were no longer making up a good amount of the roster, as they made up maybe 20%, if not less. From year 4 through year 7, Stanford is 38-15 with two 5-loss seasons. This has been my point this entire time. The further we get away from the Harbaugh days, the worse Stanford is getting. There is regression occurring.

First 3 years after Harbaugh left: 11 wins, 12 wins, 11 wins. That is elite level football, on the level of an Alabama or Ohio State. Last 4 years since: 8 wins, 12 wins, 10 wins, 8 wins. Things are slipping. How are you so blind??
So everything Harbaugh has done so far at Michigan should be credited to Brady’s Hoke then?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So everything Harbaugh has done so far at Michigan should be credited to Brady’s Hoke then?
You can give the credit to whomever you want. The results are the same. Harbs ain't coaching in the Pac 12 anymore, shit got real once he entered the B1G.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, again, no I don't. I give Harbaugh credit for building Stanford to an elite level and leaving the shelves stocked. As I just illustrated, the 3 years after Harbaugh left, when he still had a good amount of his recruits on the team, were elite, prosperous years. Since then, they've regressed. Simply looking at their record backs this up.

LOL. Stanford had one season where they won more than ten games under Harbaugh. He recruited in the late 20s thats hardly building some tradition of winning and those shelves were stocked for a cpl years not for eternity.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can give the credit to whomever you want. The results are the same. Harbs ain't coaching in the Pac 12 anymore, shit got real once he entered the B1G.

You just told us he built the 49ers in a year. Is the B1G tougher than the NFL? Or is the NFL not real?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s talk for real now. The B1Gs top win last year before bowl season was Maryland over Texas. The conference champ was shut out in the playoffs the last two years and the top teams have been getting butt fucked in the bowls in 2015 and 2016. The B1G hasn’t exactly proven much since Harbaugh rolled in.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Stanford had one season where they won more than ten games under Harbaugh. He recruited in the late 20s thats hardly building some tradition of winning and those shelves were stocked for a cpl years not for eternity.
Took them from 1-11 to 12-1 in 4 years. If you think he would just suddenly fall off the map for no reason at all, you're just being an idiot. He left for a promotion, where he took a 6-10 team and went 13-3 in his first year. Other than michigan, that's been his thing. He took 3 shitty team in a row and built them up. Why do I have to keep repeating this fact to you?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just told us he built the 49ers in a year. Is the B1G tougher than the NFL? Or is the NFL not real?
You draw your own conclusions, that's not my job. I'd say it's definitely a lot tougher coaching in the B1G than the Pac 12.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took them from 1-11 to 12-1 in 4 years. If you think he would just suddenly fall off the map for no reason at all, you're just being an idiot. He left for a promotion, where he took a 6-10 team and went 13-3 in his first year. Other than michigan, that's been his thing. He took 3 shitty team in a row and built them up. Why do I have to keep repeating this fact to you?
Probably has to do with the moving the goal posts to fit your anti-PAC narrative.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s talk for real now. The B1Gs top win last year before bowl season was Maryland over Texas. The conference champ was shut out in the playoffs the last two years and the top teams have been getting butt fucked in the bowls in 2015 and 2016. The B1G hasn’t exactly proven much since Harbaugh rolled in.
And after bowl season, I'd argue we came out looking as good or better than any other conference.

Ohio State has had one bad bowl performance in the last 4 years. Since 2014, we've beaten 5 teams OOC that have finished in the top 15 of the final rankings. In that same timeframe, Wisconsin has 4 ranked OOC wins, Penn State has become a top end team, and aside from 1 season, Sparty has been a 10+ win team.

Harbaugh came in to a buzzsaw.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably has to do with the moving the goal posts to fit your anti-PAC narrative.
Don't see how that changes anything I've said. Did my "anti-PAC narrative" make Shaw start to go downhill in the last 4 years, record-wise, from the first 3 years after Harbaugh left?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see how that changes anything I've said. Did my "anti-PAC narrative" make Shaw start to go downhill in the last 4 years, record-wise, from the first 3 years after Harbaugh left?
Shaw gets no credit for those first years that where he helped recruit the players and the offense they are using.

Riley gets all the credit for winning the most shallow conference of all the conferences because “he molded” the Heisman caliber quarterback he inherited. If you don’t see that as moving the goal posts, you are a fucking idiot.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you aware that I'm a Stanford fan?

I said a few years ago on this forum - this will be the year we can tell if Shaw can get it done without Harbaugh's recruits. And they won 12 games, the Pac12 championship and the Rose Bowl. He passed the test and showed he is a good coach based 100% on his own merits.

And of course the previous success you attribute to Harbaugh. Who meanwhile....just went 8-5 at Michigan in his 3rd year. Lost to fucking South Carolina!

You might have a point except it's been 7 years now and Shaw has shown he has the ability to get it done on his own. All the while ignoring that Shaw was a big part of Harbaugh's staff, not another coach hired to come in after. You claim it was all Harbaugh, yet Stanford by your own admission did not miss a beat without him.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaw gets no credit for those first years that where he helped recruit the players and the offense they are using.

Riley gets all the credit for winning the most shallow conference of all the conferences because “he molded” the Heisman caliber quarterback he inherited. If you don’t see that as moving the goal posts, you are a fucking idiot.
Shaw did a great job as an OC, I've never said anything to the contrary. As did Riley. I've already clarified this several times. I feel like the job Riley did this year is more impressive than anything I've seen Shaw do. For example, Riley had more ranked wins this year than Shaw has in the last 3 years combined (including his 12-2 conference title team in 2015).

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you aware that I'm a Stanford fan?

I said a few years ago on this forum - this will be the year we can tell if Shaw can get it done without Harbaugh's recruits. And they won 12 games, the Pac12 championship and the Rose Bowl. He passed the test and showed he is a good coach based 100% on his own merits.

And of course the previous success you attribute to Harbaugh. Who meanwhile....just went 8-5 at Michigan in his 3rd year. Lost to fucking South Carolina!

You might have a point except it's been 7 years now and Shaw has shown he has the ability to get it done on his own. All the while ignoring that Shaw was a big part of Harbaugh's staff, not another coach hired to come in after. You claim it was all Harbaugh, yet Stanford by your own admission did not miss a beat without him.
He lost 5 games the year before that 2015 year, and since then he's regressed for 2 years in a row, resulting in another 5 loss season this last year. Having a good year in 2015 doesn't mean he's an elite coach 3 years later. Didn't miss a beat? I've addressed this twice already today - they've absolutely missed a beat. Not right away, since Harbaugh's kids were still making up at least half the team, but since then, they've gone backwards. Maybe if he goes back and wins 12 games this year along with another Rose Bowl, or makes a CFP appearance, he'll be back firmly in my top 10. Until he does that though, he's a top 15 coach on the outside looking in.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaw did a great job as an OC, I've never said anything to the contrary. As did Riley. I've already clarified this several times. I feel like the job Riley did this year is more impressive than anything I've seen Shaw do. For example, Riley had more ranked wins this year than Shaw has in the last 3 years combined (including his 12-2 conference title team in 2015).
Why is it impressive to win a shit conference that they were expected to win because there was literally no one in there to compete with them? Just because they beat a team that has shown that they have a hard time showing up for big games for the last several years? That win against Ohio State is easily negated by losing to Iowa State at home.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it impressive to win a shit conference that they were expected to win because there was literally no one in there to compete with them? Just because they beat a team that has shown that they have a hard time showing up for big games for the last several years? That win against Ohio State is easily negated by losing to Iowa State at home.
It 100% isn't. Iowa State wasn't a 3-9 team this year, they won 8 games for crying out loud. They weren't elite but they were far from a pushover. Hell they finished with more ranked wins in 2017 than Stanford did the last 2 years combined, so tell me more about this team from a "shit" conference.

You know else Iowa State beat? TCU. You know who shit the bed royally vs TCU? Stanford. I guess it all comes full circle.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lost 5 games the year before that 2015 year, and since then he's regressed for 2 years in a row, resulting in another 5 loss season this last year. Having a good year in 2015 doesn't mean he's an elite coach 3 years later. Didn't miss a beat? I've addressed this twice already today - they've absolutely missed a beat. Not right away, since Harbaugh's kids were still making up at least half the team, but since then, they've gone backwards. Maybe if he goes back and wins 12 games this year along with another Rose Bowl, or makes a CFP appearance, he'll be back firmly in my top 10. Until he does that though, he's a top 15 coach on the outside looking in.

I'm done, can't fix stupid.