• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Note to USC. you dumb fucks schedule ND when you should have played Mercer

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama played the #3 ranked team that many had being the National Champs ... Florida State. The ass whoopin' Alabama gave then sent them is disarray.
Alabama played a 6-6 team that had to reschedule a game with ULM just to make a bowl game

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you believe 6-6 Western Michigan, 6-6 Texas and 9-3 Notre Dame is all world, and clearly better than 6-6 FSU, 7-5 Colorado St and 9-4 Fresno St...but meh.

Now you could point out that we got to play Mercer as well, but then you I would have to point out that you get to play Oregon St. You could pretend they were better than Mercer, but since their only win was a 3 point win over 0-11 FCS Portland State who would believe you.
I hate to tell you, but Oregon State is better than
Apparently you believe 6-6 Western Michigan, 6-6 Texas and 9-3 Notre Dame is all world, and clearly better than 6-6 FSU, 7-5 Colorado St and 9-4 Fresno St...but meh.

Now you could point out that we got to play Mercer as well, but then you I would have to point out that you get to play Oregon St. You could pretend they were better than Mercer, but since their only win was a 3 point win over 0-11 FCS Portland State who would believe you.
Yes Oregon State was bad this season. Nevertheless don't pretend that Vandy, Arky, Tennessee, Miss and Miss State was all that much better. than that one team in THE PAC 12.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama played the #3 ranked team that many had being the National Champs ... Florida State. The ass whoopin' Alabama gave then sent them is disarray.

Florida State lost a qb and went into free fall. They wern't that good. USC got blasted by Alabama the year before and USC benched their starting QB and went on to end the year with a Rose Bowl win and #3 ranking. So obviously they were a good team that played horrible at the start but got better.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Florida State was the #3 team "for only the first week of the season". They dropped after North Carolina State beat them.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whooped OK at their house last year. Not to scared to schedule a H/H with them either. More than Bama can say about OOC schedules. Maybe Mercer will do a H/H with Bama...

Let's see

You played Oklahoma Oklahoma

We played USC, FSU.

Yeah, your right, those were shitty games when we scheduled them, we should be embarrassed.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to tell you, but Oregon State is better than

Yes Oregon State was bad this season. Nevertheless don't pretend that Vandy, Arky, Tennessee, Miss and Miss State was all that much better. than that one team in THE PAC 12.

Your shitting me right? Oregon St beat an 0-11 Portland St and lost every other game they played. They lost 58-27 to Colorado St...our 3rd worst OOC game.

Vandy, Miss St and Tennessee all have wins this year against P5 opponents OOC as well as multiple SEC wins.

Oregon State couldn't even beat a G5 team and got schooled by a team that went 2-7 in the B1G.

You sir are an idiot of the highest order. Oregon St wouldn't even be .500 if they played in the Sun Belt. They are clearly the worst P5 team in any conference and they are probably in the top 10 for worst FBS team, but go on and keep comparing them to SEC bowl teams, lol, what a hoot. Too bad you can't make energy off this much stupid, you could live off the grid for years off this one post.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see

We played USC, FSU.

Yeah, your right, those were shitty games when we scheduled them, we should be embarrassed.
Chattanooga, Mercer. Yes you should be.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If we avoid playing good teams, then people won't know we're not that good until we're in the playoffs."

That doesn't sound appealing to me.

To be fair, Alabama did schedule FSU (who was supposed to be a top 5 team) this year. Not Bama's fault FSU became a giant dumpster fire about 1/2 way through the season.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Alabama did schedule FSU (who was supposed to be a top 5 team) this year. Not Bama's fault FSU became a giant dumpster fire about 1/2 way through the season.

My comments weren't directed at Alabama. Just the idea that teams should schedule shit OOC games.

Acrux.v2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, 42-35 is not running over anybody. 31-0 and 38-0, that's running over you with a bus.

Ok, let's be honest your punter was the MVP of the game over any other Bama player.. w/o him it would have gotten away from you.

Let's not talk about goose eggs.. mkay :suds:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chattanooga, Mercer. Yes you should be.

yeah, D2 teams should never be scheduled except for extreme circumstances. Only acceptable excuse is someone on your schedule cancelled last minute and you couldn't find a D1 answer.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comments weren't directed at Alabama. Just the idea that teams should schedule shit OOC games.

and i agree completely. I'd rather have at least 1 big OOC matchup than 3 MAC schools every year.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to add that this whole notion of "well if they hadn't played OU, they wouldn't have lost to them, and they'd have made the playoff" is pussy shit.

If a team wants to prove they're one of the four best teams, go out there and play good fucking teams.

CFB has become my second favorite sport pretty quickly, but I admit, I'm annoyed by all the 56-7 games against shit schools.
:dingdingding:
Here, here...or is it Dilly Dilly nowadays.

Anyhoo, I agree. Play those good sumbitches during the season and give your fans (and the fans of good opposing teams) a good game to watch instead of making them pay to see those shit schools you describe.

If a team ain't good enough to beat the good 'ens, you ain't got any business going to the playoffs anyway. And if you lose a close one to them and win the rest, just maybe you do belong in the playoffs. JMO

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, there's not a huge sample of what it takes to get into the CFP or not. Circumstances are different every year. OSU got in in '14 after the loss to VT - that doesn't guarantee it would have worked in '17 with the loss to Iowa.

I think you've decided things are carved in stone based on not enough info.
And that sample size is a mixed bag for sure.

In 2014, tOSU validated the committee's selection of them at #4 by winning it all. Turns out the committee made the correct choice there. (The one that looked lousy that year was FSU.)

2015, neither semifinal was competitive so they may not have been right. But, would anyone else have played Clem and Bama closer? Who knows?

2016. Totally opposite of 2014, tOSU made the committee look like clowns with their performance in the semi final. Washington was iffy too but they didn't get AS bad.

2017. We'll see from Bama's performance if they validate the committee's selection or if they make the committee look like clowns again. Hell, Bama could end up like tOSU in 2014 and the other three schools look like pretenders! At least with the playoffs you have to earn the final through another game against a great team to get there. Back in the day, some were given the spot in the final strictly on appearance and popularity and the games showed it.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see

We played USC, FSU.

Still waiting on your huge list of seasons USC didn't travel to an OOC game.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the last two years of B1G football.

There are 3 teams in The SEC (maybe) out of 14 that are worth a damn. Don’t think the SEC is some superior beast. There is no dominant conference this year.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that sample size is a mixed bag for sure.

In 2014, tOSU validated the committee's selection of them at #4 by winning it all. Turns out the committee made the correct choice there. (The one that looked lousy that year was FSU.)

2015, neither semifinal was competitive so they may not have been right. But, would anyone else have played Clem and Bama closer? Who knows?

2016. Totally opposite of 2014, tOSU made the committee look like clowns with their performance in the semi final. Washington was iffy too but they didn't get AS bad.

2017. We'll see from Bama's performance if they validate the committee's selection or if they make the committee look like clowns again. Hell, Bama could end up like tOSU in 2014 and the other three schools look like pretenders! At least with the playoffs you have to earn the final through another game against a great team to get there. Back in the day, some were given the spot in the final strictly on appearance and popularity and the games showed it.

2015 Ohio State was basically the same resume as Bama this season. Lost to eventual conf champ MSU but were left out of the playoff because "Conference Championships matter!" and the committee didn't want 2 B1G schools in it. They then went and smoked ND in the Fiesta Bowl. Same team with Zeke, Bosa, Michael Thomas, etc etc. Safe to say they would have played either Clemson or Bama closer than OU and MSU managed to.

However, both OU and MSU had just 1 loss on the year prior to their bowl games. Hell, the committee even kept 2-loss Stanford and 1-loss Iowa ahead of Ohio State in their final "regular season" rankings, so had it come down to a 2-loss conf champ vs the highly ranked 1-loss non champ, they would have gone with the conf champ that year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so sick of peoples feelings. Fuck feelings. This is why we have titles, rules, laws etc...so some creepy TV person "feels" like Bama somehow got better than Ohio State during a week they didn't even play? I guess they won't be happy until a team who wasn't even good enough to win their conference title is somehow the best team in the nation.

Until they eliminate feelings, the CFB playoff means absolutely nothing. I don't give two shits about who some TV people feel is better than the next team. Means squat shit.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i agree completely. I'd rather have at least 1 big OOC matchup than 3 MAC schools every year.

I wouldn't be too hasty if I was the B1G, your record vs the MAC is suspect.