• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Note to USC. you dumb fucks schedule ND when you should have played Mercer

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFB p!ayoff means nothing. Doesn't matter who wins. Big ole * next to it anyways. Just like last year. Its honestly sad to see passionate football fans get wrapped up in the day dreams of a TV executive named 'Kirby'.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course FANS would rather have that . No one is saying great OOC games aren't awesome . I'm just pointing out that they're higher risk than the reward you get especially as a jig name program. A 9-0 OSU/USC/Bama/OU is going to be top 2 or 3 regardless of who they play OOC. So if you lose in conference you can regroup and make the playoff. Fans obviously love big OOC but it doesn't benefit the team enough to risk it.

racist.

You could make the argument that the Ohio State - OU game last year cost OU a playoff spot and this year cost Ohio State a playoff spot. Of course, I think last year, that win vs OU is what put Ohio St over the hump and got them in. So there's definitely a risk. The reward is we all get excited for a great early season matchup. I don't think Ohio State has any designs on scaling back their scheduling. They will continue to feature at least 1 premier OOC matchup every season, as they should. The other 2-3 OOC games are normally MAC schools or military schools. That's fine scheduling IMO.

Bama's schedule would be fine if it didn't include D2 schools. You can womp on SunBelt or AAC teams just as easily. The SEC in general need to fix their scheduling so there isn't this ridiculous D2 game in November. Add a 9th conference game and quit being titty babies.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice avi.

AND

Gonna have to say, I didn't notice it until your post, so thanks for that.

Thanks. @Chewbaccer awarded me that as the consolation prize to losing the SECCG. He honored our first avi bet in a more than gentlemanly manner so I have pointed out the avi in a couple of posts. Quite frankly, he did an awesome job of giving me this. Will definitely offer him a standing avi bet on the DSOR at any time.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND

Thanks. @Chewbaccer awarded me that as the consolation prize to losing the SECCG. He honored our first avi bet in a more than gentlemanly manner so I have pointed out the avi in a couple of posts. Quite frankly, he did an awesome job of giving me this. Will definitely offer him a standing avi bet on the DSOR at any time.

I assumed that was his handiwork.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
racist.

You could make the argument that the Ohio State - OU game last year cost OU a playoff spot and this year cost Ohio State a playoff spot. Of course, I think last year, that win vs OU is what put Ohio St over the hump and got them in. So there's definitely a risk. The reward is we all get excited for a great early season matchup. I don't think Ohio State has any designs on scaling back their scheduling. They will continue to feature at least 1 premier OOC matchup every season, as they should. The other 2-3 OOC games are normally MAC schools or military schools. That's fine scheduling IMO.

Bama's schedule would be fine if it didn't include D2 schools. You can womp on SunBelt or AAC teams just as easily. The SEC in general need to fix their scheduling so there isn't this ridiculous D2 game in November. Add a 9th conference game and quit being titty babies.

As a college football fan the Ohio State Oklahoma home and home the past two seasons were awesome to watch. Reminds me of the Ohio State USC home and home games a few years back . Thats what college football is about. Yeah it might hurt one of the teams but better that than scheduling crap teams that have always been bad and will still be bad when you play them just to get an easy win and basically another bye.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFB p!ayoff means nothing. Doesn't matter who wins. Big ole * next to it anyways. Just like last year.

Not surprised to see a Michigan fan pimping the "championships mean nothing" idea.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised to see a Michigan fan pimping the "championships mean nothing" idea.

The point has nothing to do w MI. The point is rabid football fans are turning into cucks for this Kirby guy, happily eating up whatever Kirby tells you to eat.

He says Ohio State's L to Iowa factored into his decision. Did he give them any credit for rebounding from such a devastating loss to win an actual title? No. So sorry if I'm not gonna bow down in front of Kirby w the rest of his fans.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point has nothing to do w MI. The point is rabid football fans are turning into cucks for this Kirby guy, happily eating up whatever Kirby tells you to eat.

He says Ohio State's L to Iowa factored into his decision. Did he give them any credit for rebounding from such a devastating loss to win an actual title? No. So sorry if I'm not gonna bow down in front of Kirby w the rest of his fans.

Isn't it a committee?

Also, isn't the current system an improvement over the previous system of the computer picking two teams?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it a committee?

Also, isn't the current system an improvement over the previous system of the computer picking two teams?

Ask Kirby. He's in charge. Who knows what he's feeling.

I think it's just as flawed. The conference titles must mean something. Two years in a row Kirby and friends screwed it up. Until subjective feelings and opinions are eliminated, it will be pointless. Who cares who wins the Kirby bowl?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Kirby. He's in charge. Who knows what he's feeling.

I think it's just as flawed. The conference titles must mean something. Two years in a row Kirby and friends screwed it up. Until subjective feelings and opinions are eliminated, it will be pointless. Who cares who wins the Kirby bowl?

The old BCS formula with the computers would have Alabama 4th. Does that remove enough subjective feelings for you.

If you want a conference title to mean something we need to do away with conference divisions.

Or maybe you'd prefer the hockey method where we let everybody and his dog get in. Hell even Michigan might get in then.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old BCS formula with the computers would have Alabama 4th. Does that remove enough subjective feelings for you.

If you want a conference title to mean something we need to do away with conference divisions.

Or maybe you'd prefer the hockey method where we let everybody and his dog get in. Hell even Michigan might get in then.

Speaking of MI, maybe Kirby can explain how MI got a far better bowl game than Sparty, who beat us, and finished with a better record than us. I'm sure he's got a great reason.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of MI, maybe Kirby can explain how MI got a far better bowl game than Sparty, who beat us, and finished with a better record than us. I'm sure he's got a great reason.

Harbaugh sucked Kirby's dick for it.
:harbaugh:

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously, you ask why? (It must be the MONEY!)

manziel-money-gif.gif

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a college football fan the Ohio State Oklahoma home and home the past two seasons were awesome to watch. Reminds me of the Ohio State USC home and home games a few years back . Thats what college football is about. Yeah it might hurt one of the teams but better that than scheduling crap teams that have always been bad and will still be bad when you play them just to get an easy win and basically another bye.
DQKKrHyWsAAvA2O

I think this says it best.As far as scheduling, the play offs etc....