• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post-week nine schedule and chances at winning the division

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are 1.5 games up on SF for the top spot in the division, and only have two more road games plus the neutral field game in Munich (which Seattle is the home team). Sounds pretty favorable. But the last four games of the season are 49er's, @KC, Jets, and Rams. All tough customers. Our next four are TB in Munich, LV, @Rams, and Carolina. Not such an easy schedule.

Then when you look at SF's remaining schedule, they only have two more road games, and their next five games are at home! Then they come to Seattle, which I think is great because they'll have gotten nice and comfortable playing home games and might come in flat. That game is extremely important because right now the niners have the tiebreaker and these teams may very well end up with the same record. This game will likely be the difference in who takes the division.

Should be a fun ride down the stretch. I still can't believe that this is even something that Hawks fans get to discuss this season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One point of clarification. The Niners have 3 road games left. They don't get to play the Cards twice at home.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta make hay before the schedule gets tougher to build a margin for error. I don't know why the team cannot win 3 of the next 4. The toughest game is probably the Rams just because we have played so poorly against them over the years, but they really do not look that good. I'll be thoroughly disappointed if we don't drag both the Raiders & Panthers.

Looking forward to the KC matchup. They are capable of playing great but also may have a tough time with a team like the Hawks. Last night Mahomes was 2 pass attempts shy of the all time single game record of 70, yet the Chiefs only put up 17 points in regulation. I don't think that kind of game is a big problem for this young and fast defense.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are 1.5 games up on SF for the top spot in the division, and only have two more road games plus the neutral field game in Munich (which Seattle is the home team). Sounds pretty favorable. But the last four games of the season are 49er's, @KC, Jets, and Rams. All tough customers. Our next four are TB in Munich, LV, @Rams, and Carolina. Not such an easy schedule.

Then when you look at SF's remaining schedule, they only have two more road games, and their next five games are at home! Then they come to Seattle, which I think is great because they'll have gotten nice and comfortable playing home games and might come in flat. That game is extremely important because right now the niners have the tiebreaker and these teams may very well end up with the same record. This game will likely be the difference in who takes the division.

Should be a fun ride down the stretch. I still can't believe that this is even something that Hawks fans get to discuss this season.
Think beating the 49ers will be crucial to winning the division. Of course, you got to win some (most) of the other games also, but the 49ers game is a must win IMO.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think beating the 49ers will be crucial to winning the division. Of course, you got to win some (most) of the other games also, but the 49ers game is a must win IMO.
Agreed. If we lose that game I don't see how we end up with a better record than the niners unless the wheels fall off that team, which I don't expect.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49rs are gonna see a different team than they saw the first meeting, that’s for dam sure …

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TB: W. They are having issues right now
LV: W.
LA: T.. Tossup
CA: W

KC: T
SF: W
NY:W
LA:T

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta make hay before the schedule gets tougher to build a margin for error. I don't know why the team cannot win 3 of the next 4. The toughest game is probably the Rams just because we have played so poorly against them over the years, but they really do not look that good. I'll be thoroughly disappointed if we don't drag both the Raiders & Panthers.

Looking forward to the KC matchup. They are capable of playing great but also may have a tough time with a team like the Hawks. Last night Mahomes was 2 pass attempts shy of the all time single game record of 70, yet the Chiefs only put up 17 points in regulation. I don't think that kind of game is a big problem for this young and fast defense.
The titans just didnt have the horses on offense, we do. Im not saying we are going to win that game, but we definitely can.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The titans just didnt have the horses on offense, we do. Im not saying we are going to win that game, but we definitely can.
I agree! TITs passing game was totally feeble!! I felt bad for that kid that had to go out there and run for his life. It was like a headless chicken there at the end. Hawks have a much more balanced attack that should be a problem for KC.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are 1.5 games up on SF for the top spot in the division, and only have two more road games plus the neutral (which Seattle is the home team). Sounds pretty favorable. But the last four games of the season are 49er's, @KC, Jets, and Rams. All tough cufield game in Munich stomers. Our next four are TB in Munich, LV, @Rams, and Carolina. Not such an easy schedule.

I know it doesn't matter that Seattle is the "home team," since we have 9 home games this year, but who the hell thought to consider us the home team when our flight is roughly 6 hours longer than that of the Bucs?

If I had to guess the remainder of the schedule this is how I think it'll play out:

- vs TB: I'm going to guess this'll be a loss here, but that's simply predicted on the long trip, the fact that the Bucs have beat two teams we lost to and I just think the Bucs are way better than their record indicates.
- BYE
- vs LVR:
At home coming off a bye playing a struggling team I think this is a win.
- @ LAR: Another team with a worse record than the talent on their team would indicate. I'm going to say we lose this one.
- vs CAR: Bad team we'll be hosting at home. Win.
- vs SF: This is a tough one. We look a lot different than we did when we first faced the 49ers, but they easily beat us last time we played them. The fact that this game will be at home and nationally televised has me having to pick the Seahawks to win here, but I could see a loss. The 49ers have a ridiculous amount of talent on both sides of the ball.
- @ KC: On the road against the Chiefs I'm not very optimistic. Loss.
- vs NYJ: I'm not convinced the Jets are as good as their record indicates. Their win over the Bills was more a product of the Bills not playing well than the Jets outplaying them. Win.
- vs LAR: Last game of the season, at home, with playoff indications I have to pick win here.

This would put us at 11-6 to finish the year, which I never would've imagined. There are some close match-ups though. Worst case scenario (barring significant injuries) I say we finish 9-8.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have Jimmy G and a easily broker roster, right?
The 49ers defense is 1st in the NFL in yards allowed per game, 1st in the NFL in yards rushing allowed, 8th in passing yards allowed, and 6th in the NFL in points allowed per game. On offense they have 3 of the most dynamic playmakers in the NFL with Deebo, Kittle and McCaffrey along with an above average offensive line.

I wouldn't call that a broken roster.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes indeed, but then they added McCaffrey so the same may apply to their team.
Agreed.

We are certainly a much better team than when we last faced them, but the 49ers have added McCaffrey and it's worth noting that the 49ers beat us by 27 points having practiced all week running an offense that was predicated on having Trey Lance as QB. They ran the ball almost twice as much as they passed it and still beat us up pretty bad.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Bucs game is on a neutral field (although the Bucs have the timezone advantage), but after that 5 of our 7 remaining games are at home, with 4 of 5 to close out the season at home.

Seattle has gotta get better with their tackling or CMAC and Samuel are going to rip us a new one. I think Brooks is getting better at coverage though.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this isnt the case anymore, but the road team on thursday games was really pitiful for a while there. I think thats an advantage against the niners above and beyond being at home

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB: W. They are having issues right now
LV: W.
LA: T.. Tossup
CA: W

KC: T
SF: W