• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not doing ourselves any favors

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing about the rankings is I don't get why everyone was so high on Ole Miss but so low on Zona?

Ole Miss beat #6 in the rankings in Ole Miss.

Zona beat # 4 in the rankings on the road.

Ole Miss best win after that came against a bad A&M team with 6 wins due to a shit schedule.

There's no reason for Ole Miss to be 8 spots ahead of Zona with a similar resume

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but you can't ride your one big win which happened about a month ago and use that as the reason why you should be ranked ahead of teams who have fewer losses than you do.

Uhh, ND doesn't even have a big win at this point.

I figure the odds are likely that ND is ranked higher, but you acting like it's some huge travesty if it's not the way you want it to be is pretty funny.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I figure the odds are likely that ND is ranked higher, but you acting like it's some huge travesty if it's not the way you want it to be is pretty funny.

I understand that but it would still look ridiculous if you have a 2 L team over teams like ND....Also then you'll have teams like OU wondering why the hell they aren't ahead of teams like Notre Dame also? They have better wins than ND also.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it would be if Ole Miss remained ahead of us.

Losing 2 straight weeks has to drop you below the 1 losses.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THey would really fall into a slippery slope situation if they keep Ole Miss ahead of Notre Dame because they have better win(s) but yet keep teams like LSU, OKlahoma, & Utah behind.

If you value best win so much, go ahead and put all the team with 2 losses ahead of teams with just 1 loss who you think they have better wins than.

This system is a joke. You don't what the fuck they're looking for.

Ole Miss & Arizona resume is very simliar but Zona were 8 spots behind them this week

Last edited by a moderator:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be if Ole Miss remained ahead of us.

Losing 2 straight weeks has to drop you below the 1 losses.

It will be close, which is why I don't think it would be a huge travesty even if I think ND will be ranked higher. To me, to make it a travesty, the difference would have to be much bigger.

If it's like last week, ND doesn't have anything to worry about. But going from #3 to #16 is a huge drop, so we will see.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THey would really fall into a slippery slope situation if they keep Ole Miss ahead of Notre Dame because they have better win(s) but yet keep teams like LSU, OKlahoma, & Utah behind.

If you value best win so much, go ahead and put all the team with 2 losses ahead of teams with just 1 loss who you think they have better wins than.

This system is a joke. You don't what the fuck they're looking for.

Ole Miss & Arizona resume is very simliar but Zona were 8 spots behind them this week

FYI, Arizona is about to lose and the biggest reason Arizona beat Oregon was due to Oregon O-line injuries. Which is why Oregon was always ranked higher tha Arizona, and why Oregon will be in the top4 this week IMO, with Alabama #5(maybe #6 depending on how much love they show TCU).

They do figure in team strength and other factors you know.

Still, I'm not sure why you are already melting down before the rankings even come out. If it's like it was last week, then ND will be ranked higher.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be close, which is why I don't think it would be a huge travesty even if I think ND will be ranked higher. To me, to make it a travesty, the difference would have to be much bigger.

If it's like last week, ND doesn't have anything to worry about. But going from #3 to #16 is a huge drop, so we will see.

Yeah, that's a bit drastic.

I'm not saying they drop behind every 1 loss team, but they should drop behind the top group of 1 loss teams.

Maybe in the #10 - #12 range

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's a bit drastic.

I'm not saying they drop behind every 1 loss team, but they should drop behind the top group of 1 loss teams.

Maybe in the #10 - #12 range

yeah, but really Ole Miss knocked themselves out of the playoffs, so I'm not even sure why they rank so far down really. Notre Dame still has a small chance. So there is a good chance ND will be ranked higher.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, Arizona is about to lose and the biggest reason Arizona beat Oregon was due to Oregon O-line injuries. Which is why Oregon was always ranked higher tha Arizona, and why Oregon will be in the top4 this week IMO, with Alabama #5(maybe #6 depending on how much love they show TCU).

They do figure in team strength and other factors you know.

Still, I'm not sure why you are already melting down before the rankings even come out. If it's like it was last week, then ND will be ranked higher.

I'm not melting down....Ole Miss only has 1 good win just like Arizona.

Beating Oregon in Oregon is always a good win.....that is no reason to have Arizona 8 spots lower than Ole Miss.

The rankings just didn't make sense to me at all.

You would see Notre Dame behind certain teams and you would assume it's because those teams had better wins but yet you would see ND ahead of teams who had better wins than them also.

It's a bunch of nonsense. I can honestly say I have no idea what they're basing their rankings on because it is very inconsistent

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not melting down....Ole Miss only has 1 good win just like Arizona.

Beating Oregon in Oregon is always a good win.....that is no reason to have Arizona 8 spots lower than Ole Miss.

The rankings just didn't make sense to me at all.

You would see Notre Dame behind certain teams and you would assume it's because those teams had better wins but yet you would see ND ahead of teams who had better wins than them also.

It's a bunch of nonsense. I can honestly say I have no idea what they're basing their rankings on because it is very inconsistent

The rankings are an average. They don't collectively sit down and make a list. Each voter puts in their rankings and the end result is the average.

So, even though you see 3 SEC teams in the top5 rankings last week, it doesn't even mean any 1 person had 3 teams in the top5.

1 guy puts Auburn #6, Ole Miss #2, another guy puts Auburn #2 and Ole Miss #6. Meanwhile they each believe some other team from another conference is #5 etc. The end results is Auburn and Ole Miss end up higher on average. And that is the end result.

If you are looking at the rankings as being an individual effort, then they are never going to make sense.

catalist121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope this was some type of mental let down after the loss to Fla State. I would have thought they had plenty of time off to get through that and prepare for Navy. There was no way they should have let Navy get back into the game like they did.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A well executed option attack is always going to be hard to stop. Just ask the Sooners, it was a big influence on that 47 game winning streak.

I thought we had yet again, bright spots of really good play mixed with some bone-headed lapses and that goes for both players and coaches. When you get 2 straight possessions inside your opponent's 35, you treat them like the precious gifts they are. Kelly's handling of those 2 possessions are imho indicative of the perception of this team moreso than the play of the players. We'd just threw a bomb for 52 yds, followed up with a 25 yd run for a score on the previous drive and you get the ball at their 28 and what does Kelly do, runs up the gut. Funk that shit that's a primetime play-pass moment, you strike and make the statement that this game is over. What does Kelly do? He acts like playing for the FG is ok and that running off time is more important than putting the seal on a win, then did the same thing on the very next possession that was setup the same way. The dude does not abide.

Other than that, I saw some good positives, sorry to see Schmidt go down but I really liked seeing the enthusiasm of Nyles Morgan, Greer Martini also played pretty well.

Ultimately I'd probably say we're not ready for the top 4 stage yet, even if we make it we might be over our heads as far as a D goes, I think our O can put enough points on the board to win against most teams but our D is just giving up too much in return and it doesn't seem to matter the quality of the opponent. I'm scratching my head atm trying to figure out how we shutout Michigan compared to how we've played most of the rest of the year. But I do think we look really strong going forward if we keep the nucleus and get some growth on the Defensive side. We're going to lose some key seniors but our classes have been improving as well.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two weeks to prepare for Navy ... and ... this? :L

I was soooo damn disappointed when I got home after the game, I didn't feel like posting. I read a few posts and said to hell with it and watched the late PAC game ... and even then, I wasn't really interested at that point.

Every 'top team' yesterday took care of their biz ... except UGA. It's sad when your team puts up 49 pts, but you still feel like it was a loss, in a sense, with so much on the line against a mediocre team at best.

Navy ... 39 points ... really??? ND has a 28-7 lead against Navy ... 24 unanswered pts later, ND is behind and has to fight to claw its way back against ... Navy. A 10 point win against an unranked team and not cover the spread again.

Sorry folks, this team is just not playoff caliber after putting this body of work together at this point in the season. It sucks for me to say that, but this is just how I feel after last nite.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ oh ... and Ole Miss didn't take care of biz, but I don't really consider their loss as any kind of 'upset'. Game could have gone either way.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now Notre Dame isn't a top four team. I'm just glad to see them win and I'm enjoying the season. I refuse to get all bent out of shape where they are ranked. If I truly thought they were a top four team I might be a little worked up but I simply don't. They've had incredibly exciting games and you can see they have a lot of talent. We have USC and Arizona State left on the schedule and it will be interesting how the rest of the season plays out. As an Irish fan it has been frustrating but still been very enjoyable. The games are never boring. We've improved but it has been on a linear projection, it been more two steps forward and a step or step and a half back but we're still moving in the right direction. It's been a fun season. I simply want to win out and couldn't care less about all the rest of the arguments. The focus should simply be on getting better and the game at hand. The players have to continue to improve and so does the coaching.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't get these three words outta my head ...

"ANOTHER WASTED OPPORTUNITY" ... to make a bold statement ... to the committee ... to the rest of the CFB world ... to Domer nation.

And ... just flopped.

Ya ... a W is a W, but good God amighty ... 39 pts by Navy and 2 wks to get ready for them. Makes me really wonder if the crap #10 ranking by the Committee just sent the bad signal to this team that no matter what they do, the deck is gonna be stacked against them and it sorta just took the wind out of the Irish's sails. :noidea:

Just looked like crap last nite on defense. You know it was bad when Navy was 'beating' you ... thru the air of all places. Just can't stop smh. :L

Last edited by a moderator:

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish it was a blowout but I'm not surprised. Notre Dame's defense is made up of underclassmen that still rely too much on their athleticism and didn't play assignment football.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't get these three words outta my head ...

"ANOTHER WASTED OPPORTUNITY" ... to make a bold statement ... to the committee ... to the rest of the CFB world ... to Domer nation.

And ... just flopped.

Ya ... a W is a W, but good God amighty ... 39 pts by Navy and 2 wks to get ready for them. Makes me really wonder if the crap #10 ranking by the Committee just sent the bad signal to this team that no matter what they do, the deck is gonna be stacked against them and it sorta just took the wind out of the Irish's sails. :noidea:

Just looked like crap last nite on defense. You know it was bad when Navy was 'beating' you ... thru the air of all places. Just can't stop smh. :L

if the team is so weak as to do what you're suggesting then it's not a very good team. maybe next year will be better. but i will say ... i have less and less confidence in kelly. while he does some things very well. it's almost negated by the things he screws up.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has a lot of talent but not national championship level right now in my opinion. We're going to find out so much more what this team is really made of when we play on the road against ASU and USC, Louisville isn't a slouch either. My recommendation would be to simply enjoy this successful season and R E L A X. Aaron Rodgers had something there.