• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not doing ourselves any favors

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This board is a joke.

I've seen nothing from Arizona State on offense in the last few weeks to suggest they can score with us.

If we stay away from the turnovers, I think Notre Dame win by 10-14 points

What did you see in Navy the previous few weeks that suggested they can score with you?

I sometimes wonder just how long you have been watching college football. You have such knee jerk reactions to everything and always seem to sit on the extremes.

Close games happen. All a team has to do is execute. All your defense can do is put them in lower % situations. But if they hit those low % plays, they are going to score and it doesn't matter how good your team is.

That's just football. I saw Alabama fans get upset because teams where hitting back shoulder passes against us. That is a low% play. Sure, Alabama could adjust and defend that specifically, but doing so opens up higher % plays. You just have to understand and accept that it happens.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't pay attention to navy at all. I actually been watching Arizona state last few weeks.

I have the right to my own opinion and in my opinion Arizona state offense doesn't look good since Kelly returned. I think Notre dame can definitely win that game if they stay away from turnovers

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't pay attention to navy at all. I actually been watching Arizona state last few weeks.

I have the right to my own opinion and in my opinion Arizona state offense doesn't look good since Kelly returned. I think Notre dame can definitely win that game if they stay away from turnovers

that's just it .... we ALL have a right to our own opinions.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firstly, I don't give a shit what Aaron Rodgers says.

Secondly, I'm glad you don't care if we get into the playoffs or not. But for me personally, I would be very disappointed if we do miss the playoffs, and I wouldn't look at this as a successful season. I'm sure a couple others here feel the same way I do.

Good for you, good for you. I'm old enough to have seen Notre Dame win National Championships and to me this squad doesn't look like a championship team. I stated I hope we win out and let the chips fall where they may. I can't control what other people think and am not concerned what a couple of other think one way or another. I'd love to see it work out but I'm also realistic. Spin that any way you want.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being realistic has nothing to do with it.

I can tell myself we're not a playoff team, and that's not going to help how I feel when we don't get in. I want to see a winning football program.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being realistic has nothing to do with it.

I can tell myself we're not a playoff team, and that's not going to help how I feel when we don't get in. I want to see a winning football program.

There are four games left and that's a lot of football to still be played. I want to see a winning program too. In the end if we win out I think we're going to stand a pretty good chance to be in the mix. I sincerely hope that happens. I actually tend to agree with 4down20 and most of his observations.

matthstl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is young football team and I know some of the kids not fimilar with the grit of this Navy team got a major suprise. In the end it was a win and thats what counts. I am not happy with the play of the D and major mistakes that were made. I am also very concern over the injury problems after the Navy game and I waiting to see what the status is.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame needs too much help and the best help went out the window with TCU not losing to West Virginia or Oregon thumping Stanford. At the end of the day Notre Dame needs Kansas State, TCU to both lose one will because they play one another but I'm not sure they both will. Oregon needs another slip up with Utah, Colorado, and Oregon State left of the schedule the only hope is one of the South teams beating them in the PAC12 championship game and I doubt that happens. Then of course Michigan State only has Ohio State left that might be a tough game, as I doubt anyone in the West can beat them and it will likely be a rematch of the game between Michigan State and Nebraska. At least one SEC team will get in if that number ends up at 2 then Notre Dame's chances are up in smoke. Like I said get use to the idea that Notre Dame aren't getting in the playoff. From what I watched on Saturday it might save them from getting beat down like the last time they played for a championship.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame needs too much help and the best help went out the window with TCU not losing to West Virginia or Oregon thumping Stanford. At the end of the day Notre Dame needs Kansas State, TCU to both lose one will because they play one another but I'm not sure they both will. Oregon needs another slip up with Utah, Colorado, and Oregon State left of the schedule the only hope is one of the South teams beating them in the PAC12 championship game and I doubt that happens. Then of course Michigan State only has Ohio State left that might be a tough game, as I doubt anyone in the West can beat them and it will likely be a rematch of the game between Michigan State and Nebraska. At least one SEC team will get in if that number ends up at 2 then Notre Dame's chances are up in smoke. Like I said get use to the idea that Notre Dame aren't getting in the playoff. From what I watched on Saturday it might save them from getting beat down like the last time they played for a championship.

At this point it's unlikely that more than 1 SEC team gets into the playoffs. The only scenario I can see where that happens is if Miss St and Auburn both win out. If either of them loses(and hopefully both will lose to Alabama), then it's only going to be 1 SEC team in the playoffs IMO.

So you should all be pulling for Alabama. :lol:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I am unless Auburn or Mississippi State lose first.