• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Non-Mariners Free Agent Signings/Moves

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree if Seattle were in position to contend for the playoffs, but we're not. He's a FA next year and I'd be more furious giving up prospects, missing the playoffs and letting this guy walk into FA knowing our owner is a cheap asshole.
That is normally my take on it, but the players given up would not have been our top guys. I was thinking Hancock and a 5-10 ranked guy. And like I said in the previous post, he either helps us by midpoint or we deal him and recoup what we gave up or even get more back.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree if Seattle were in position to contend for the playoffs, but we're not. He's a FA next year and I'd be more furious giving up prospects, missing the playoffs and letting this guy walk into FA knowing our owner is a cheap asshole.
The only real risk is if he got injured. At the deadline you could get twice the haul for him. Not advocating for the deal but just generally speaking trade deadlines are where teams overpay in terms of prospects and the offseason is where teams overpay in actual money. Just sucks it seems the current management doesn’t like either avenue.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only real risk is if he got injured. At the deadline you could get twice the haul for him. Not advocating for the deal but just generally speaking trade deadlines are where teams overpay in terms of prospects and the offseason is where teams overpay in actual money. Just sucks it seems the current management doesn’t like either avenue.
That is normally my take on it, but the players given up would not have been our top guys. I was thinking Hancock and a 5-10 ranked guy. And like I said in the previous post, he either helps us by midpoint or we deal him and recoup what we gave up or even get more back.
Good point. I didn't of the trade deadline.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, missed your reply. Didn’t mean to be a copycat

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Heyman
@JonHeyman
·
30m

Carlos Santana Twins deal: $5.25M plus incentives
Twins now have great veteran clubhouse leadership in Santana and Correa, and a host of solid young power hitters led by Lewis. Their offense is going to be top 5 in the AL. They will go as far as their starting pitching can take them, but they could be this year's Orioles ripping off a 100-win season.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catchers and left-handed relievers. They can suck balls and still find a job.
$7 million is a lot but it’d be nice having a backup catcher. Everyone just casually says Zavala is basically O’Keefe when talking about roster spots.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he was our biggest get over the last three years. WOW!

Andrew Golden

@andrewcgolden
·
1h

The Nationals have signed Jesse Winker to a minor league deal, per source. Winker has an invite to spring training. Another lefty OF bat in the mix.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants and Jorge Soler have come to terms on a three-year, $42 million deal, ESPN’s Jeff Passan reports.
Susan Slusser was first with the agreement. The Giants did need the middle-of-the-order threat, but Soler is far from consistent and offers little in the way of defensive value. He’s also going to be playing in a park that suppresses homers. Since he’s likely to serve primarily as a DH, the Giants will have to go back to moving Wilmer Flores around some, which hurts because his defensive utility has also taken quite a hit in recent years. Flores could see a fair amount of time at first and third initially, but he may eventually settle back into a platoon role against lefties.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winkler signs a minor league deal with the Dodgers. Man, that guy fell off a cliff quickly. And it didn't start with the Mariners. The second half of his season with the Reds in 2021 saw his SLG nose dive, and it just got progressively worse from there.

Ben Gamel signs a minor league deal with the Mets. There's a guy that I thought could build on his 2017 season, at age 25, with the Mariners and become a reasonably productive player in MLB. But apparently, the Mariners saw something they didn't like, as did the Brewers, Indians, Pirates, and Padres. Well, anyway, I wish him luck. He didn't seem like such a bad guy. But Winkler, yeah, seems like he needs an attitude adjustment.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Trade Rumors

@mlbtraderumors
·
3h
Twins Sign Jeff Brigham, Brian O'Keefe To Minor League Deals

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Trade Rumors

@mlbtraderumors
·
3h
Twins Sign Jeff Brigham, Brian O'Keefe To Minor League Deals
Curt Casali got recycled too. The Marlins this time.