• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Non-Mariners Free Agent Signings/Moves

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I’ve already wrote this, but St Louis was a good trade partner for a guy like Miller or Woo. The longer they go and teams sign number 3’s the less leverage Jerry has and the more and more Gilbert or Kirby are going to be asked for to get a legitimate impact bat. The other teams they are linked to or “line up” with is Cincinnati and Baltimore and both of the rumored trade for both of those are a big fat no from me. Maybe Hancock for India but nothing else, and with Baltimore the rumor is for their two MLB ready prospects which are high risk and high reward but if they struggle like most Mariners rookies have then the season is lost.
All Seattle needs is a 3b.
Like Austin shenton.
For example..
A guy at AAA .that is good.
And can come up for
Urias ..if injury .
But..
Mariners.have no ready.
Minor league 3bes..
They have to trade for one..
Cuz .
Colt Emmerson not ready.
Milkar perez.not ready.
Williamson..not..
Paglearini..azl..
Caleb Cali..not..
So yeah..that's who/what they need..

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been an over-glorified role since the days of Goose Gossage and Rollie Fingers, even those guys were not used like modern closers. But if you bring in a setup guy with runners on base and nobody out, and he shuts down the offense, it seems like there should be a more prolific stat for that than a 'Hold'. Rhodes and Nelson were in those situations plenty. If they wanted a guy to get 5-9 outs, they went to Ryan Franklin.
I don’t disagree at all that their should be a real stat but we the people should decide not the analytics guys.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers and James Paxton are close to agreeing to a one-year, $12 million deal.
While some would surely prefer the Dodgers go with Emmet Sheehan as their fifth starter, it always figured that they’d bring in a veteran. Paxton isn’t going to be a threat to make 30 starts, but chances are he’ll be pretty good when healthy. This will make him a fine late-round pick in mixed leagues.
I understand the Dodgers have money, but I truly don’t get them “going all in” this year when Ohtani can’t pitch. They have spent so much money this offseason but honestly the only sure thing they have gotten is a DH. Glasgow and Paxton aren’t the definitions healthy. Yamamoto hasn’t pitched a MLB inning. Sure people bring up examples of other players coming over but there have been fails too. Got Teo coming off of a career worst season. IMO they still aren’t better than the Braves on paper

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t know where to put this, but now there is a little online issue with Rendon saying the season should be shortened.

Just throwing this out there, make baseball games Fridays-Mondays with a double header on Saturday or Sunday. Still they’re 5 games a week and theoretically it maximizes potential attendance. And one thing that never gets talked about it having those days during the week could help grow the game because more dads could help little leagues

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the Dodgers have money, but I truly don’t get them “going all in” this year when Ohtani can’t pitch. They have spent so much money this offseason but honestly the only sure thing they have gotten is a DH. Glasgow and Paxton aren’t the definitions healthy. Yamamoto hasn’t pitched a MLB inning. Sure people bring up examples of other players coming over but there have been fails too. Got Teo coming off of a career worst season. IMO they still aren’t better than the Braves on paper
Between Glasgow and Paxton I'm expecting about 30 missed starts. Their best acquisition this winter may end up being Teoscar. In that lineup, he's going to get better pitches to hit than he did here. I expect his strikeouts to decrease and his SLG to increase.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Glasgow and Paxton I'm expecting about 30 missed starts. Their best acquisition this winter may end up being Teoscar. In that lineup, he's going to get better pitches to hit than he did here. I expect his strikeouts to decrease and his SLG to increase.
I’m not sure about strikeouts but the rest of his offensive stats should go up, except his defense IMO will be worse. But Teo got on a few heaters last year where I bet he would’ve had 10 more HR’s in a different ball park. Though it would be amazing if Teo was the best pickup they made with over a billion spent.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I respect they are trying. If there was a hard cap, I would question their moves more. But since there is nothing but money involved, I give them total respect for trying even though I think they are hurting baseball much like the Mets and Padres did last year. Expanding the gulley between haves and have nots is never good for any sport.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t know where to put this, but now there is a little online issue with Rendon saying the season should be shortened.

Just throwing this out there, make baseball games Fridays-Mondays with a double header on Saturday or Sunday. Still they’re 5 games a week and theoretically it maximizes potential attendance. And one thing that never gets talked about it having those days during the week could help grow the game because more dads could help little leagues
I disagree with that guy ..
Except..for about.two.weeks..in.september...
Baseball..is a business...
Not a parlor game..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they should cut back.by a couple weeks only.and they trying to.
Stuff .
A new playoff format.
In there with no.travil.
Time..that is only.ok.
For east coast teams...
They..are..
Way.short..
Sighted..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball should not be played in November..
Put double headers..
Back.on.the menu..

On weekends

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double header Saturday..
Is good..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double header Saturday..would be good.

Too.maney.people go to church.on..Sunday..
or
..alcoholics..anonymous..
Lolololo

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Moore will rejoin the Angels on a one-year, $9 million contract, according to the New York Post’s Jon Heyman.
It’s rather odd that Moore would want to return to an Angels team that disposed of him for luxury tax purposes last August and that really doesn’t figure to be a strong contender, but it’s probably the case that they made him the best offer. Moore wound up with a 2.77 ERA for the Angels, Guardians and Marlins last season.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Brewers and Rhys Hoskins are in agreement on a two-year, $34 million deal, ESPN’s Jeff Passan reports.
The contract will include an opt out after the first year. Hoskins figures to start at first base most of the time for Milwaukee, shifting Jake Bauers into the DH role for now, and likely bat fourth or fifth in the lineup. It’s a nice spot for him, and he might be good for 30 homers next year after missing 2023 with a torn ACL.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels signed 1B Miguel Sanó to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
The 30-year-old slugger missed the second half of the 2022 season due to a right knee injury — and then sat out the entire 2023 campaign after the Twins declined his $14 million club option. He resurfaced in the Dominican Winter League this year, where he slashed .225/.346/.405 with a pair of homers, 13 RBI and a 30/14 K/BB ratio in 107 plate appearances. It’s an interesting no-risk flier for the Angels.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking about Joe Mauer's induction into the HOF. He gets a pass on his offensive stats because he was a catcher. But, he played less than half of his career as a catcher. He caught in 920 games. That's not even six full seasons. He is 164th all-time in most games caught. In contrast, Carlton Fisk caught in 2200 games and IRod in 2400 games. Our own DanWilson caught 1280 games. That's 360 more than Mauer and is 61st alltime.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking about Joe Mauer's induction into the HOF. He gets a pass on his offensive stats because he was a catcher. But, he played less than half of his career as a catcher. He caught in 920 games. That's not even six full seasons. He is 164th all-time in most games caught. In contrast, Carlton Fisk caught in 2200 games and IRod in 2400 games. Our own DanWilson caught 1280 games. That's 360 more than Mauer and is 61st alltime.
Mauer is IMO is what kind of is wrong with the HOF and how subjective it is. Ask the average fan or do the whole look at the stats and it’s like yeah he was a good player. Not saying he doesn’t deserve to be in, but you can tell the story of his era and not even mention him. We have so many dudes who were on PED’s that should be in first. IMO we can’t pretend the steroid era didn’t happen, baseball today is hockey is that era didn’t happen

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mauer is IMO is what kind of is wrong with the HOF and how subjective it is. Ask the average fan or do the whole look at the stats and it’s like yeah he was a good player. Not saying he doesn’t deserve to be in, but you can tell the story of his era and not even mention him. We have so many dudes who were on PED’s that should be in first. IMO we can’t pretend the steroid era didn’t happen, baseball today is hockey is that era didn’t happen
I hear you. I want the alleged 'roiders' acknowledged by the HOF voters too. Every era of MLB has had users of the favored PED of that era and its not like the guys from that era did not partake. Willie Mays and his bottle of green juice. Babe Ruth and his targeted level of alcohol.

I saw a video of Ernie Banks, Billy Williams, and Ron Santo. They were at some hunting lodge. They were all smoking cigarettes. Come on, man. Those three HOFers can't be puffing cancer sticks all day without some kind of neutralizing help.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you. I want the alleged 'roiders' acknowledged by the HOF voters too. Every era of MLB has had users of the favored PED of that era and its not like the guys from that era did not partake. Willie Mays and his bottle of green juice. Babe Ruth and his targeted level of alcohol.

I saw a video of Ernie Banks, Billy Williams, and Ron Santo. They were at some hunting lodge. They were all smoking cigarettes. Come on, man. Those three HOFers can't be puffing cancer sticks all day without some kind of neutralizing help.
Well Babe Ruth is on par with PED by fences being purposely changed to allow him to homer, let alone changing the balls. That is the dirty little secret about the steroid era that they never talk about, they juiced up the balls. When Manfred wanted more offense they juiced up the ball again but the pitchers called him out on it. Then his revenge was going after all the sticky stuff. Which is dumb, cause as a former “ball boy” our job was to do that before the games during the steroid era to combat the juiced balls.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Babe Ruth is on par with PED by fences being purposely changed to allow him to homer, let alone changing the balls. That is the dirty little secret about the steroid era that they never talk about, they juiced up the balls. When Manfred wanted more offense they juiced up the ball again but the pitchers called him out on it. Then his revenge was going after all the sticky stuff. Which is dumb, cause as a former “ball boy” our job was to do that before the games during the steroid era to combat the juiced balls.
The blip that really stands out for me is 1987. Outta nowhere everyone was homering like crazy. There was no buildup to it and the very next year it disappeared. Clearly they did something with the baseball in 1987.