• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nobody is talking about Brees deal huh?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos had that kind of production they might be unbeatable.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it hurts much to give him a one year extension. The original reports were talks of a 4 yr/100 million dollar deal. That would have annoyed me
Brees is looking for a longer extension. The Saints won't commit to that. Depending on his year he may get a 2 year extension max!

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not think the Saints should be starting to plan for life after Brees? As I said earlier he has seen declining numbers over the past 5 years when he was at the peak of his career. Now his decline is still to that of a top-10 QB but it is not a good look for a 37-year old QB. I would also add that his cap hits continue to be up there among the top-3 to 4 in the position and he just isn't that QB anymore. Time to either move on or at least stop pushing money to future years. I don't mind this extension since this is just one year but if they do it again next year then again I just feel like they are putting a band aid on a giant wound that is bleeding out.

Well declining 5 straight years in Yards isn't as big if you are still tops in the league. He's 3rd in QBR (measuring his play vs. the league situationally and that team doesn't help him there, he gets a lot of throws when his D is a sieve and his run game isn't there).

I believe in your part about the time to move on, only because there's only so much he can do with a team with that many holes that is that bad in every other area. He still is a top 3-5 QB, or he was last year.

Last edited:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this move because they'll still suck and still don't have their next QB yet.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not think the Saints should be starting to plan for life after Brees? As I said earlier he has seen declining numbers over the past 5 years when he was at the peak of his career. Now his decline is still to that of a top-10 QB but it is not a good look for a 37-year old QB. I would also add that his cap hits continue to be up there among the top-3 to 4 in the position and he just isn't that QB anymore. Time to either move on or at least stop pushing money to future years. I don't mind this extension since this is just one year but if they do it again next year then again I just feel like they are putting a band aid on a giant wound that is bleeding out.

Yeah but it's not that hard. Good QBs can be gotten out of late first or early second because there will always be Manziels and Bridgewaters and RG IIIs to help out Carrs and Wilsons. As long as Payton isn't stupid enough to draft one of those former types and given the pick of Grayson he obviously values the pocket type. With the way the read options dominate college and cocky types ascend to the top of the draft rankings, good character QBs will be around late first and beyond. Dalton, Carr, Wilson were all second round or later. A lot of the college QBs drafted though if they don't have support in place it does not matter. Which is why Bradford is the qb he is today. Oh I forgot about Cousins. He got it together last year but he needed weapons to help. Reed and a healthy DJac provided that.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a no franchise tag clause. Interesting.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the Hell did he not do this before the offseason, why just before the season starts?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is nobody talking about this irrelevant contract for an irrelevant player on an irrelevant team?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but it's not that hard. Good QBs can be gotten out of late first or early second because there will always be Manziels and Bridgewaters and RG IIIs to help out Carrs and Wilsons. As long as Payton isn't stupid enough to draft one of those former types and given the pick of Grayson he obviously values the pocket type. With the way the read options dominate college and cocky types ascend to the top of the draft rankings, good character QBs will be around late first and beyond. Dalton, Carr, Wilson were all second round or later. A lot of the college QBs drafted though if they don't have support in place it does not matter. Which is why Bradford is the qb he is today. Oh I forgot about Cousins. He got it together last year but he needed weapons to help. Reed and a healthy DJac provided that.

It's not that hard? WHAT?!?! You realize there are teams that have been looking for years upon years for a starting caliber QB right? You say "hey we can just get one in the 2nd or 3rd round..." For every Wilson there are 10 Grayson's and Petty's. Even to find an average QB these days is a tough task and why teams are so willing to overpay for the services of even an average QB such as the Bradford deal recently or that of Brock Osweiler getting $18 million a year after only 7 starts. Teams are desperate because the supply is so low the demand becomes very high.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well declining 5 straight years in Yards isn't as big if you are still tops in the league. He's 3rd in QBR (measuring his play vs. the league situationally and that team doesn't help him there, he gets a lot of throws when his D is a sieve and his run game isn't there).

I believe in your part about the time to move on, only because there's only so much he can do with a team with that many holes that is that bad in every other area. He still is a top 3-5 QB, or he was last year.

I'm not a big QBR guy. Just seems like an overrated stat that is very subjective to the people who created it.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if you are not winning you are not newsworthy.

Do you honestly think he is worth the 2 yr 44 mil guarantee at this point in the home stretch of his career ?
What can be said other than, WOW :tsk: