• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nobody is talking about Brees deal huh?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really biased..... As an Eagles fan, nobody is happier RGIII didn't work out in Washington more than me.

But these are the guys...

Zac Stacy. currently out of league.

Rokevious Watkins. Currently out of league.

Isiah Pead. Currently in Miami

Steadman Bailey. Currently in a non-football role with the Rams. Tough situation, agreed, and hope things work out.

Greg Robinson. Constantly beaten and penalized. Made PFF's "worst player at tackle" award last season. He may be a decent guard as long as he doesn't look as off balance as he did his rookie year at guard when he came in and Chris Long was still playing. I'm not sure Colts fans loved that about Tony Mandarich. You don't want a possible decent Guard with the #2 pick when you really need a blindside tackle. You can get Kyle Long in the 2nd half of the first round who actually was a great guard.

Janoris Jenkins. Currently a NYG (good CB, but his impact when on the team was making them 6-7 win teams).

Michael Brockers. I like him as a run stuffing tackle. Gets to play off Aaron Donald as well.

Alec Ogletree. I liked as a Will LB before he broke his leg. Now trying to play the Mike. Jury is out.

As for better off with RGIII? I don't know. That's a pile of cap space spent on all those players and right now, RGIII has been a vital part of his team getting to the playoffs more than all those guys combined.

I agree with their situation at the time of having Bradford, they made the right call to trade for that haul. But more and more it's looking like STL might not get the return from those picks they thought they would.

Of the guys that are out of the league, they were late round picks. Trade or not, there is a high failure rate with late picks. At least they got a solid season of production out of Stacy before they decided to upgrade (Mason, then Gurley). Watkins ate his way out of a job, as he was impressive at first. Pead is a bust; he has struggled with turnovers and staying healthy.

Robinson is a physical type that has needed work at LT for sure. He got that help this offseason by training with LeCharles Bentley this past offseason. So far, so good this preseason.

RG3 was a valid player for one season. Sure, the Redskins got to the playoffs that year, but they were quickly knocked out by an NFC West team, one of the reasons why the Rams couldn't get to the playoffs. The NFC East is a lot easier path to the playoffs these days. Oddly enough, the Redskins are rebounding from that trade behind the OTHER QB they selected in that draft.