• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No one will believe me, but LeBron James is the one that needs to go

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy will be 38 in less than two months. He is not your future. Don’t burn any more of your draft inventory to accommodate this needy bitch.

Start your rebuild.

LeBron needs to show a willingness to be traded to an organization where he won’t be calling all the shots. If he wants to play with his children, he better get used to it anyway. No team will draft Bryce or Bronny to ultimately bow and mortgage their future to a single season of 42-year-old LeBron…

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both of you. James isn't playing tonight and the Lakers are playing way better as far as scoring is concerned. It is more evenly distributed and the team is playing more lie a team even though it is the Queens. Yep, it really is time for the Lakers to end the journey and move on for the future.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can he become the all time leading scorer, while wearing a Lakers uniform, first?

Or is it of immediate importance to rid themselves of one of the greatest players the sport has ever seen?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is still a very good player, he just can't carry stiffs anymore. His pay makes you have to have stiffs on your roster.

Well, I'd argue that Russ' pay is the bigger problem, and oftentimes AD's pay, although he has played better this season thus far.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy will be 38 in less than two months. He is not your future. Don’t burn any more of your draft inventory to accommodate this needy bitch.

Start your rebuild.

LeBron needs to show a willingness to be traded to an organization where he won’t be calling all the shots. If he wants to play with his children, he better get used to it anyway. No team will draft Bryce or Bronny to ultimately bow and mortgage their future to a single season of 42-year-old LeBron…

There is no getting rid of Lebron. He signed a one year extension with a one year option. He leaves when he wants basically. They will not get enough in trade to make it worth trading him. He's averaging 25/9/7 thus far, despite shooting 24% from 3 on 7 attempts/game.

Are they a contender? No. Could they still be a playoff team? Of course. Considering they don't own their own draft pick this year or possibly next (swap this year, outright to the Pels either '24 or '25 - Pels' choice), there is no value in tearing it down now. Their rebuild will be via free agency largely and some trades around the edges. Teams are starting to inquire about Russ given his improved play with the second unit. If the right trade opportunity rises, off he goes. If they get a sizable offer for AD, they have to at least listen. If someone wants Bev's defense once he can be traded, there's another option. Walker could be in play too, since he's on a one year deal, although they wouldn't be looking to move him until maybe the deadline if at all.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both of you. James isn't playing tonight and the Lakers are playing way better as far as scoring is concerned. It is more evenly distributed and the team is playing more lie a team even though it is the Queens. Yep, it really is time for the Lakers to end the journey and move on for the future.
To be fair both Davis and Lebron started the season playing like shit - But Davis has stepped up to his game, so I think Lebron deserves a better a chance to do the same - With WestBrick coming of the bench, and Schroder back - they have improved. It's going to all of December to get into serious contention though -

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no getting rid of Lebron. He signed a one year extension with a one year option. He leaves when he wants basically. They will not get enough in trade to make it worth trading him. He's averaging 25/9/7 thus far, despite shooting 24% from 3 on 7 attempts/game.

Are they a contender? No. Could they still be a playoff team? Of course. Considering they don't own their own draft pick this year or possibly next (swap this year, outright to the Pels either '24 or '25 - Pels' choice), there is no value in tearing it down now. Their rebuild will be via free agency largely and some trades around the edges. Teams are starting to inquire about Russ given his improved play with the second unit. If the right trade opportunity rises, off he goes. If they get a sizable offer for AD, they have to at least listen. If someone wants Bev's defense once he can be traded, there's another option. Walker could be in play too, since he's on a one year deal, although they wouldn't be looking to move him until maybe the deadline if at all.
In the Jerry Buss era, the Lakers really didn't depend on drafts much - so they can overcome that with good signings - They screwed up really big trading for Westbrick big time if his experiment coming off the bench doesn't work out

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Jerry Buss era, the Lakers really didn't depend on drafts much - so they can overcome that with good signings - They screwed up really big trading for Westbrick big time if his experiment coming off the bench doesn't work out

They screwed up regardless of how Russ plays this year. They gave up too much depth in that trade along with a 1st rounder. Having Jerry and the Logo running things was miles ahead of Jeanie and Pelinka. Hell, even Kupchak got things done until the Buss progeny took over.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They screwed up regardless of how Russ plays this year. They gave up too much depth in that trade along with a 1st rounder. Having Jerry and the Logo running things was miles ahead of Jeanie and Pelinka. Hell, even Kupchak got things done until the Buss progeny took over.
Agreed - although it is beginning to look better. I am not convinced quite yet that they have found a winning team - I want to see them beating some of the better teams first

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Start your rebuild.

I am going to say this real nicely

You're full of shit

Okay, I am done

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have lost 8 of their last 10 games with all three - once WestBrick was moved to the bench - I think I would prefer to see another 10 games first and see if they fall apart - if they go another 8 of 10 by January 1st, I would hesitate to mess if it up if they finally got their chemistry together

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have lost 8 of their last 10 games with all three - once WestBrick was moved to the bench - I think I would prefer to see another 10 games first and see if they fall apart - if they go another 8 of 10 by January 1st, I would hesitate to mess if it up if they finally got their chemistry together

Even if they make something of this season, they handicapped themselves with that Russ trade (and not keeping Bald Mamba). Imagine this roster with KCP, Kuzma and Caruso instead of Russ and Bev. Sigh.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How close is Lebron right now from catching and passing Kareem’s scoring record ?

887 pts behind Kareem (35 games at his current average of 25.8 ppg - 2/13 vs Blazers?)

82 assists behind Steve Nash for 4th all time (29 games at his current average of 6.4 apg - 1/31 vs Knicks?)

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF he can stay as a playmaker Lakers have a shot to upset to a title all the way through but clearly he needs to be the 2nd fiddle to AD. If hes going to slow down the offense and dominate the ball then they have no shot

But then again, AD Staying healthy through the whole season is a long shot

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF he can stay as a playmaker Lakers have a shot to upset to a title all the way through but clearly he needs to be the 2nd fiddle to AD. If hes going to slow down the offense and dominate the ball then they have no shot

But then again, AD Staying healthy through the whole season is a long shot
Lakers management is absolutely terrible. Should have never traded for Russell. Never understood why anybody was a fan of his. His basketball IQ is that of a penny.

They should have traded LeBron and AD.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers management is absolutely terrible. Should have never traded for Russell. Never understood why anybody was a fan of his. His basketball IQ is that of a penny.

Easy to say now.

I was saying it back when Russ was winning MVP.

And almost nobody agreed with me.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. Yeah, trade your best two players one year removed from a title. No, they just shouldn't have traded for Russ. Either keep KCP/Kuzma, or make the Hield/Kuzma trade. And keep Caruso!