• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, and the Perpetual Joke NBA Free Agency Has Become

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you talking about?

Please show me where I said Danny Green was some great player? All I said is that he is better than DeMarre Carroll, which isn't that high of a bar.

Ever thought that he was included because the Raptors wanted him? The Raptors are a lot closer to being contenders than the Spurs are after this deal.

Depends on what you consider a contender. Finals contenders? Sure. Championship contenders? Not really. It's also a 1 season window.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you talking about?

Please show me where I said Danny Green was some great player? All I said is that he is better than DeMarre Carroll, which isn't that high of a bar.

Ever thought that he was included because the Raptors wanted him? The Raptors are a lot closer to being contenders than the Spurs are after this deal.
He's one of the best defenders at the SG position in the entire league. Apparently Hurricane can't see that. Though I'm not surprised.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this reported deal with Toronto, I wonder if this means that @tlance will finally give up his perpetual boner for Danny Green now that it has been proven that San Antonio was indeed willing to give him up in a package with Kawhi all along - Just as I had envisioned.

I doubt it, though. Considering he loves himself more than the world...

Also, please show me where I said Danny Green would not be packaged with Kawhi? I never had issue with what you were sending out in your proposal, it was the utter garbage you had the Spurs getting back.

So no, this is absolutely nothing like what you envisioned.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are actually pretty solid defensively on the wings/back court with Stephenseon, LeBron, KCP, Rondo, Ball.....

If you are asking me- they need a big man badly. Kuzma/Zubac/Wagner/McGee has some potential, and is mostly pretty solid young guys---- personally i think McGee is kind of a 20 minute a game mostly after thought type of guy....Kuzma is solid but hes more of a stretch 4 then a guy banging down low on the block getting tons of boards. Wagner is a finesse big that was drafted for his shooting and Zubac is a back end of the roster type of guy.

Is there a vet. min big they could bring in that could give them 25 minutes a game and just some toughness and rebounding?

Willie Reed, Cole Aldrich?

Or, they could roll the dice on Monroe, Ezeli, Len, Okafor.

But, you said defense...so, maybe not.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, please show me where I said Danny Green would not be packaged with Kawhi? I never had issue with what you were sending out in your proposal, it was the utter garbage you had the Spurs getting back.

lol

A Hurricane post being read out loud:

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL I pretty much said from page 1 of this very thread that my idea was not a serious proposal, just a last-resort option if no one steps up their offer. That said, I would in fact trade Green for DeMarre Carroll straight up if their contracts matched up. Green may have a ring, but Carroll can do more as a basketball player.

LOL I would not be so sure about that one, mainly because the Spurs have Gregg Popovich as coach and the Raptors don't...New coach, slightly-revamped roster, Lowry getting older, Kawhi's past injury woes, and the east being better than most think - They are far from a lock to contend new season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I pretty much said from page 1 of this very thread that my idea was not a serious proposal, just a last-resort option if no one steps up their offer. That said, I would in fact trade Green for DeMarre Carroll straight up if their contracts matched up. Green may have a ring, but Carroll can do more as a basketball player.

LOL I would not be so sure about that one, mainly because the Spurs have Gregg Popovich as coach and the Raptors don't...New coach, slightly-revamped roster, Lowry getting older, Kawhi's past injury woes, and the east being better than most think - They are far from a lock to contend new season.
your Pacers are going to win a playoff series next year, and I dont think there is any reason why they couldnt possibly win 2.

Evans was a great pickup. Exactly what they needed. If Turner and Sabonis can both continue to improve the Pacers are going to be a tough fucking out.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Neither team is a real contender.

But the Raptors could easily emerge as the best team in the East. The Spurs will be lucky to get to the 2nd round.

I disagree on Carroll being better than Green, but that is at least debateable. Their overall impacts are comparable. Much of Green's contributions are hard to quantify on a stat sheet.

And you really need to stop. Like I have said numerous times, your proposal was not a last resort option. It was idiotic whether you were joking or not. Now stop defending it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your Pacers are going to win a playoff series next year, and I dont think there is any reason why they couldnt possibly win 2.

Evans was a great pickup. Exactly what they needed. If Turner and Sabonis can both continue to improve the Pacers are going to be a tough fucking out.

Wiggy,

I had to create another 4K bet on the exchange because I don't know what I am doing over there.

You can accept and settle whenever.

Thanks!

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeMar Derozan is exactly why this entire thread is stupid.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeMar Derozan is exactly why this entire thread is stupid.

The whole point of this exercise was not that Bazemore was on DeRozan's level or anywhere close to it. The point was that Bazemore would not be that bad a player to have if no one had stepped up their offer, and the trade machine agreed.

@tlance The Spurs current projected starter at SF is...Dante Cunningham. You think DeMarre Carroll sucks so bad but I'm sure even you ought to think he's a better option than Cunningham.