• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nice article (KIRK COUSINS IS ELITE)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Kirk is a better QB than Bridgewater, but some of the players named above, Thielen and Rudolph, while having big years this year, weren't really on anyone's radar until this year. Gennings was also trending downwards when he went to Minny and Wallace was only there for a year I believe.

Here's the problem as I see it. VISION

Kirk may very well be a better QB right now than Bridgewater, however that doesn't mean that Bridgewater won't be a better player than Kirk...IN THIS OFFENSE!

I believe that too many people look at a guy where he is, then make a judgement of said player as he fits elsewhere. Hate to remind, but D.C. fans/supporters/followers above all others must be constantly of the mindset that brought us Albert Haynesworth, Adam Archuletta and the like.

On the reverse side, we must also use our VISION in terms of "FIT" when we are both drafting and signing free agents.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I cant disagree with anything you have said.

Being all about his business, I also don't expect Kirk to ever

1. get popped for drugs
2. Let his dick cause him issues at work
3. Run his mouth in such a way as to rub the locker room the wrong way.

The difference between Kirk Cousins and Ryan Kerrigan..... the position they play.

So basically fuckin' the boss's wife or some sort of clandestine white collar shit for these two huh?:D

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically fuckin' the boss's wife or some sort of clandestine white collar shit for these two huh?:D

If IM to be totally honest, the too wholesome thing actually bothers me a little. No one is perfect, I think Kirk and Ryan are just REALLY good at hiding what ever their particular kinks are.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have dad and while my lazy self could go back a few years to look, its not worth my time. Look, quite frankly I'm tired of all the KC talk. Everyone is posing, saying things, trying to make one's self look better on the surface for the sake of interviews and keeping things professional if you will... Maybe a gag order moving forward on this KC situation would be best for everyone, including all posters here.

th

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's a crazy claim (although I don't think they're hyped up) But if that's the case.... shouldn't we want TB if he's cheap? The people against that seem to have some other problem with him.

NBC'ers perhaps??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's a crazy claim (although I don't think they're hyped up) But if that's the case.... shouldn't we want TB if he's cheap? The people against that seem to have some other problem with him.

So I'll play...

Kirk at $30M a year face value, real value $26.5M a year because the last two years are fluff to inflate the numbers.

Bridgewater at $25M a year face, Real Value $22M a year.

This is what I expect each one to cost in real cap dollars in 2018

And my Issue with Bridgewater is the same as with every other name... To some degree they have been thrown out there as mostly a cheaper option to allow us to not have to resign Cousins. We posters basically say, pick a QB any QB and we will be where we are or better... that I tend to call Bullshit on.

But you knew that already. :D

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We posters basically say, pick a QB any QB and we will be where we are or better... that I tend to call Bullshit on.

Yeah but shit's a lot of fun too!!

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'll play...

Kirk at $30M a year face value, real value $26.5M a year because the last two years are fluff to inflate the numbers.

Bridgewater at $25M a year face, Real Value $22M a year.

This is what I expect each one to cost in real cap dollars in 2018

And my Issue with Bridgewater is the same as with every other name... To some degree they have been thrown out there as mostly a cheaper option to allow us to not have to resign Cousins. We posters basically say, pick a QB any QB and we will be where we are or better... that I tend to call Bullshit on.

Yea I'm a hard pass on him at 25 mil a year unless we can get out at no extra cost at any point. I'd bet he signs for less than that though.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I'm a hard pass on him at 25 mil a year unless we can get out at no extra cost at any point. I'd bet he signs for less than that though.

I agree. I think Bridgewater ends up getting what amounts to $22M a year. The only way I see him getting less is if he is signed after the draft. Bu if he is signed during the initial free agent period, $22M is where I think he ends up.

And if we don't resign Cousins, I give it about a 95% chance we are drafting a QB in the first round.

So Bridgewater, Kenum and all the other guys who could get us to .500 for cheaper wont even be in play.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do you expect him to sign at though? I agree he will sign for much less.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kirk may very well be a better QB right now than Bridgewater, however that doesn't mean that Bridgewater won't be a better player than Kirk...IN THIS OFFENSE!

I believe that too many people look at a guy where he is, then make a judgement of said player as he fits elsewhere. Hate to remind, but D.C. fans/supporters/followers above all others must be constantly of the mindset that brought us Albert Haynesworth, Adam Archuletta and the like.

On the reverse side, we must also use our VISION in terms of "FIT" when we are both drafting and signing free agents.

TB is a horrible fit in this offense. He can’t throw on time and has questionable accuracy at best.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, if you say so then that's it.

Teddy does have a tendency to hold the ball too long and takes quite a few sacks. 83 over two years, or just over 40 a season.

Kennum took half that. Kirk aside from this year when we had a revolving door on the O-line also generally does not take a lot of sacks.

So maybe not a horrible fit, but not a great fit in our offense.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I understand it every QB some guys like fits in Gruden's system and those they don't like don't fit. I really don't know what they think Gruden's system is based on what they are telling us .... just that they fit.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good so the Bills should have some good seasons ahead of them.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudolph was a baller back in 2012 with 9 TDs.

I agree that Jennings and Wallace were nothing special but they were good players in the right systems with a different QB.

I agree Thielen was never on anybody’s radar and that isn’t the fault of TB. That is the fault of the coaches. I do find it interesting that Thielen’s emergence coincided with the departure of TB.

Rudolph has some nice stats for the last 3 years I was unaware of. There may be something to Thielen blowing up since Teddy B went down. Or maybe it took 3 seasons, for Thielen to come into his own. Regardless, I'm not advocating for TB to come to DC. If that were to happen though. I'd hope for the best, but I'd be lying if I said the move would give me a lotta hope.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I view TB as I do Winston. The football media has tried to hype these two up and I just never bought into it. Should the coach think he could make it work with TB, I’d put my trust in him to do it, but if it failed it’d be his ass

I think Jameis has some skills, but he's, I dunno, he's just off in some kinda way. Did you see him when he was eating a W? That was weird as fuck. He does need to ball better than he has the last couple years. The Bucs were the Raiders of the NFC this year. Lotta hype, with very little substance.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I thought about a few different things myself. For instance, even though TB's been out the last 2 years. Maybe he's upped his mental game, but the comparisons to Haynesworth and AA are imo off-base. Haynesworth was a lazy slob who you knew would be a sad sack of shit considering the contract Snyder bribed him with. He did have talent though. AA was full on scrub and made no sense signing as all that along with signing Landry to a ridiculous contract was insuring Sean Taylor would leave DC left via FA. Both were two of the worst signings in semi-recent and not so recent history.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think Bridgewater ends up getting what amounts to $22M a year. The only way I see him getting less is if he is signed after the draft. Bu if he is signed during the initial free agent period, $22M is where I think he ends up.

And if we don't resign Cousins, I give it about a 95% chance we are drafting a QB in the first round.

So Bridgewater, Kenum and all the other guys who could get us to .500 for cheaper wont even be in play.

You really believe that Bridgewater is going to get that kind of money from anyone? If so there is something seriously wrong w/ the NFL & QB contracts. The guy hasn't played in 2 years, only played 2 years prior to that, put up very mediocre stats, had one losing season, another winning season primarily due to AP (several games his contributions were pretty weak). This is not like Cousins, Carr or Stafford where they put up monster #s & at least led their team to some success and/or were coming off a good season.

Please tell me exactly why a ho-hum QB (w/ lots of questions marks) would command that type of money. I don't see it (& I think that he appears to be a great guy - just not impressive as a QB - at least not proven yet).

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really believe that Bridgewater is going to get that kind of money from anyone? If so there is something seriously wrong w/ the NFL & QB contracts. The guy hasn't played in 2 years, only played 2 years prior to that, put up very mediocre stats, had one losing season, another winning season primarily due to AP (several games his contributions were pretty weak). This is not like Cousins, Carr or Stafford where they put up monster #s & at least led their team to some success and/or were coming off a good season.

Please tell me exactly why a ho-hum QB (w/ lots of questions marks) would command that type of money. I don't see it (& I think that he appears to be a great guy - just not impressive as a QB - at least not proven yet).

For the same reason Oswieler got paid by Huston. There is a dearth at the position. And while its great to say there is so much talent at QB in this draft, half the reason we are debating on if we should pay Cousins is, a rookie is an unknown. BRidewater is ho hum according to us. But all it takes is one coach to say.. I can make this guy "special" and he will get paid. I think he is going to get the new normal for a starting QB which is going to be in the $22M a year range.